onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Northampton Fan To Face Ban

Taking a flare or firework is against the football ground regulations as far as I know.

So is foul and abusive language. The ground would be half empty if they enforced that rule...

Have you ever sworn at the match? If you have I hope you put yourself forward for a ban. Rule breaker

Advert

So is foul and abusive language. The ground would be half empty if they enforced that rule...

Have you ever sworn at the match? If you have I hope you put yourself forward for a ban. Rule breaker

It's not only taking the flare into the stadium that is against the law.Throwing it onto the pitch is and could easily be seen as throwing a missile onto the pitch.When was the last time anyone was killed by foul language?

A ticking off and ejected from the stadium maybe but taking him to court, where by he will be banned from attending football matches and a criminal record. Stupid!!

I agree it was stupid to throw a flare,very stupid. ;)

A ticking off and ejected from the stadium maybe but taking him to court, where by he will be banned from attending football matches and a criminal record. Stupid!!

I hope he doesn't get prosecuted but as I said in an earlier post if he had seriously hurt some one he could have found himself on a section 20 assault charge which according to me mrs who is a copper he could have been looking at 20 years porridge !

Is it really worth it ?

[

Yes I'm sure it was hilarious and honestly I would have cheered & laughed me **** off.

But on the darker side of things , when I was in the armed forces my rules of engagement whilst on duty would have allowed me to shoot you without warning . That's in the UK & Northern Ireland simply because I suspects you of throwing a bomb or incendiary device. Lol

[

Yes I'm sure it was hilarious and honestly I would have cheered & laughed me **** off.

But on the darker side of things , when I was in the armed forces my rules of engagement whilst on duty would have allowed me to shoot you without warning . That's in the UK & Northern Ireland simply because I suspects you of throwing a bomb or incendiary device. Lol

Vale threw an explosive device on the pitch at Shrewsbury in the 70's........ made a hell of a bang !I am sure someone said it was a detonator from the pit.

I love fireworks

Great fun good laugh etc .

And GOD FORBID anyone ever gets hurt by one in a football stadium

But if anyone does who's to blame ?

The coppers & stewards for not stopping it ?

Or are they there to ruin our fun ?

Or to try to keep us safe ?

Hope I never have to come on this forum saying " who allowed that"

You're quite right.They're there not spoil our fun but to keep people safe.I'm not sure on the law on this but every club has a duty of care to every fan that passes through the turnstiles and the players and officials for that matter.That's why there are laws against throwing objects and stewards and police are employed to ensure public safety. Its possible that anyone injured as a result of a thrown firework could make a claim against the club. Of course, the stewards and police cannot possibly prevent every potentially dangerous article from being brought into the ground but the the club probably need to show that it took all reasonable steps to prevent them from being brought in.Anyone who thinks that police and stewards are just kill joys should look at the bigger picture.

Archived