onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams and his family

Anyone who has supported a football club knows the disappointment and frustration of being beaten. It is also stressful to think things could go wrong, especially if you are challenging for promotion or a trophy.

The vital thing here though is how to react in a minor crisis, and surely that is not to throw abuse and critical remarks at the team and staff.

They need our support more than ever at difficult times.

Advert

Adams obviously doesn't understand the fans but he should try to. The club has been in the decline for the past twelve years. We've plummeted from the dizzy heights of the old 1st Division to the league's lowest tier. There has been precious little to celebrate during that time. We are within touching distance of promotion but if the team continues to perform they way they have done over the past few games a play off place is the most we can hope for. When expectations are high, disappointments cut deep. Add to this Adams' assertion that everything is fine and dandy when it obviously is not and his pig headed determination to pick players who are clearly not performing is it any wonder that fans are getting angry and frustrated.

Totally agree and we have every right to say so we are paying for a product called entertainment. When you buy any product if it is garbage you have the right to tell the manager who is responsible for it that it is garbage

Spend your twenty quid elsewhere then next time and don't come on here ****ing moaning about it. Vale fans are too fickle, we're two point off top of the table. Do u remember where we were a few seasons back before Adams was here when we were losing 4 0 at home to Macclesfield and watching players like Neil Mackenzie in midfield.

Micky was spot on with his comments the other week, we're a league two side not man u expecting win every single game. It's not the end of the world if you go through a bad run, we're low on confidence at the moment but soon we will get back on track and secure that promotion spot. Keep the faith guys.

I have every right to moan about something that is not value for money. If you bought a car and it was garbage by your logic you would sit at the wheel thinking ah well it's ok it's better than when I only had a bike. Where as I would be expressing my opinion (or moaning as you call it)

And as for the cobblers Man U comment what the stuff have Man U to do with anything we are a league two side playing against like for like clubs he has new owners an equitable budget. He can drop players who don't perform just like sir Alex and bring in players who are on form or want it more. Adams just chooses not too.This is compounded to not even make changes until the 60th minuite and a one dimensional strategy on the field.

I am port vale I'll moan when I want

I have every right to moan about something that is not value for money. If you bought a car and it was garbage by your logic you would sit at the wheel thinking ah well it's ok it's better than when I only had a bike. Where as I would be expressing my opinion (or moaning as you call it)

And as for the cobblers Man U comment what the stuff have Man U to do with anything we are a league two side playing against like for like clubs he has new owners an equitable budget. He can drop players who don't perform just like sir Alex and bring in players who are on form or want it more. Adams just chooses not too.This is compounded to not even make changes until the 60th minuite and a one dimensional strategy on the field.

I am port vale I'll moan when I want

If you were as upset as you seem to be, you wouldn't keep going back and spending your money over and over again.

You keep going on about your last £20, but no-one twisted your arm behind your back and forced you to spend it on Vale. Just saying.

For me football is not entertainment, it is about winning. It doesn't have to be pretty, just needs to be effective.

Have Vale been effective, yes. If Vale had nicked after a bad performance, virtually no one would be complaining. This is because we lost, for only the seventh time. Get over it.

1 goal in the last 4 games suggests we have become ineffective but we'll get over it.See you at Oxford SC or will you be clapping at the radio?

The reason i don't shout at the manager or players is because i feel it's counter productive. I feel it will only make the players even more nervous & more likely to clam up, play worse & generally retreat into their shells. Then it snowballs into the next home game, then the next, then the next. It's what i've been reading on the Rotherham, Gills & Exeters websites recently too, & i think they're right, it just doesn't help us on the whole. I may feel like screaming & shouting sometimes when things aren't going our way, but i don't, i realise where we are & what we've achieved so far this season & that's why i don't give it the big gob. If we we're struggling to make the playoffs i could understand it, but 2nd in the league?

I shall be roaring the team on, whether on the radio, internet, television or even at the ground.

What other type of support is there?

Micky's real fan brigade.Let me just say that I, along with everybody on OVF,is a real fan and last night was a dog**** performance by the manager and the team.But I'll get over it until the next dog**** performance.Oxford here we come,'In myself I trust'.;)

Howjy04,

We are all suffering. Just suffer in silence and show the team your support. When the season is over then voice your feelings.

I have and always will support my team home or away but there are certain times when you have to get things off your chest and not blindly ignore that we have problems.I sincerely hope I don't have to wait until the end of the season to voice my feelings.Folk are justifiably,IMO,getting anxious and are feeling no little dissapointment at last night.A big 2-3 games coming up.Time to click into gear again but that's down to Adams and the team.Please don't keep passing the buck onto the fans.

We can play on the counter away from home when the home side sets up to win the match. At vale park teams come and play 5 in midfield and counter us, we seem unable to break teams down when we do this and this is where a plan b should come into play.

How long have we been saying that the problem is in midfield?:rolleyes:

Archived