Does Burslem warrant or deserve a F.C?

PVTony

Only 5,172 gate at the Vale park today.

How disappointing.

First home game for a while, more than 3 weeks. So no saying that folks can't afford more than one game per week.

Top of the league team.

A winning team, only beaten twice in the last eleven games.

Three new players on view.

Dry sunny weather.

And some people were slagging off Stoke because there were some empty seats in their mid week match.

5,172, for the leagues top team???

Does the Burslem area deserve such a good club?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How disappointing.

First home game for a while, more than 3 weeks. So no saying that folks can't afford more than one game per week.

Top of the league team.

Dry sunny weather.

And some people were slagging off Stoke because there were some empty seats in their mid week match.

To which area do you suggest the club relocate?

How disappointing.

Top of the league team.

Dry sunny weather.

Does the Crewe area deserve a poster so trite and banal?..............................................probably

I don't suggest that the club relocates at all.

Just think that the club deserves and needs more support than the low attendance that was there today.

Do we get low attendances for league 2 or should every club in this league not deserve to exist?

As previously stated 20 quid a game is stupid for this level 10 quid would be better. Over time at 10 quid a gate 10000 is doable. Also makes me think . If we get promoted what's the pitch invasion last home game attendance going to be ? What u all think ?

During the John Rudge/Bill Bell 'Golden Decade', and when we were still a Championship team under Brian Horton, some of our home gates were 5 - 6,000. Leaf through Port Vale programmes from the 1998/99 and 1999/00 seasons in particular and see the evidence in black and white. And let us not forget that the employment situation and financial picture was a lot healthier than today. Have a drive down Nile Street in the morning.

Another ignorant thread towards attendances!

Im sure some live in a little bubble and dont face reality.

PVTony..... It inner rocket science. Go to google and do your homework on previous attendances, especially in this division. You will then see why i get constantly irate at you and other posters who post utter nonsense about our attendances and think we should be getting more.

Sme of you are so ignorant towards our history its untrue.

Nice to see the attendance police out again. For what its worth my excuse is i had to work, not over time just work, and holidays are to precious to waste on Acc Stanley. Look around working life has changed and over 5k historically is pretty good. Luckily i am off Tuesday.

During the John Rudge/Bill Bell 'Golden Decade'' date=' and when we were still a Championship team under Brian Horton, some of our home gates were 5 - 6,000. Leaf through Port Vale programmes from the 1998/99 and 1999/00 seasons in particular and see the evidence in black and white. And let us not forget that the employment situation and financial picture was a lot healthier than today. Have a drive down Nile Street in the morning.[/quote']

Nail on head , i had to work today but will there on Tuesday there will be others who were there today who will be working on Tuesday, and check back in time our gates stand up well

Another ignorant thread towards attendances!

Im sure some live in a little bubble and dont face reality.

PVTony..... It inner rocket science. Go to google and do your homework on previous attendances, especially in this division. You will then see why i get constantly irate at you and other posters who post utter nonsense about our attendances and think we should be getting more.

Sme of you are so ignorant towards our history its untrue.

How do our attendences compare to other promotion winning seasons?

Better than I can remember in 4th Div. We only used to get about 3000 - 3500 in the 70s. Some people need a crash course in Vale history.

Before we played Spurs in div 3 (div1) we had 2500 so todays crowd is double and relatively much more expensive!

Archived