onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lee Hughes

Paddock_Boy

Advert

Living in Nottingham and having been chatting to a few fans from both clubs in the pub this afternoon it is best to say no football fan in Nottingham is happy right now! My heart bleeds for them ........... like hell it does!!
Chatting to a Notts mate before Xmas, he was not pleased with Hughes being unhappy nor with their manager`s antics, so had been on the cards for a bit. Pleasant change for Valiants to be happy, especially with the chance of trips to Notts and Cov, also Tiny moaning more than usual, happy days.

Mike (Old Sage) - a well constructed response to my point about the wingers feeding Pope and Hughes but a couple of shots for you now mate ...

As you are an equally sad owd git as me go back through the the Pope goals and see how many are scored from crosses? those crosses are coming from players behind the wingers who have the space to cross because the wingers are tying up their defenders. Just watch our games mate and see the number of crosses coming in from balls played back to them by the wingers who have drawn two or three defenders (particularly JMW)

Regarding Guppy and Mac - we have allowed time to cloud our judgement and bring out the rose tinted specs because if I remember right we had one of the lowest goalscoring records in the league (Championship) at the time they played.

Finally mate when did we last have a winger who regularly gets round a full back and cuts in along the line like JMW does.

It must be a nightmare for league 2 defenders to have two different wingers to contend with who frequently swop sides and frequently change whehther they take them on on the outside or cutting in - there's absolutely nothing predictable about Vincent and JMW.

Hi Andy (Dave)it would appear with one or two exceptions that I am in the minority here. Lets make it clear at this point I have no dislike for either of the players that I have been critical of. JMW is a talented lad but he is very frustrating due to his poor right foot. Yes he can be exciting and has scored a few blinding goals but remember most of his goals have come from the spot and his cracker against Tranmere was a free kick. That said he is worth his place in the team.

Ashley Vincent is another matter. He has been very poor for weeks in fact his last good games was against Oxford and that was in October!. Since then he has been poor though he won the 'Player of the Month Award' largely on the back of his great game against Oxford that was on Sky. Quite simply Vincent on current form isn't worthy of his place.

They say goals alter games and it is true but equally results alter opinions and some are looking through 'Rose coloured glasses' after the 3 goals in the second half against a poor 10 man Accy team. I can still remember how poor we were in the first half!.

Sadly the best thing that Ashley has done for weeks was letting that 'loon' from Bristol hit him and getting himself sent off!

we were all for taking hughsey off at halftime mickey can sleep easy at night with our managerial skills. he will give defences trouble and hopefully take the heat off popey as defences have 2 recognised strikers to mark, its no good no just doubling up on popey

How teams must dread playing us now, 2 powerful strikers and 2 flying wingers to cope with, uncertainties that make legs tire. All part of the tactics, let the opposition tire themselves out in the first half, then step on the gas second half. Once they get used to that, come out full throttle and rip them apart.

i'm sorry Dave but have I missed something?. Who are the two classy wingers that you are talking about?. On one wing we had Vincent who did nothing. In fact he was largely a passenger. On the other we had JMW who is the most frustrating player that I know of. How can a right winger cross the ball when he can't use his right foot?. He constantly cuts inside which is no help to the front two or is forced to lay the ball back to a team mate.

I may get slaughtered but I'm used to that but for my money, next season we will need two new widemen or even leave one out to play a left sided midfield player. For those who think I'm wrong take a good look at Tom Pope's goals and count how many were supplied by the wide men!

To be honest my bearded friend, I agree with you. Only time the wingerslooked uo for it was when they switched wings and in the last 15 mins!

Archived