onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 0 - Chesterfield 2 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Never heard "Adams give us a wave" ringing out much. That speaks volumes of the fans feelings.

Whilst I like Micky tbh he doesn't endear himself to supporters when he shows his love of Sheffield and appears not to mind losing or being 'hammered' as we were in the second half at Bramhall Lane.

He has "talked-up" both Bradford and Chesterfield when in my opinion he needs to focus more on the ineptitude creaping into both his decisions and the latter performance of the team.

December could be a long month

I hope we win at Cheltenham then all will be forgotten?

Advert

This is a double dip drop in form, the previous one was around the time of the Northampton game. The Sheff U game seems to have sucked confidence from our players. Adam's man management, team selection, tactics and substitutions have been, shall we say, idiosyncratic, too since then.

I didn't like MA's team selection or substitutions yesterday. Hiowever, he is the manager and is paid to make decisions, and crucially has knowledge that some of the all-knowing oracles posting on this thread don't have. He knows which players have knocks, are looking motivated, etc and has got it right for most of the season. A week ago we were a few seconds away from victory or at least a replay that would have seen a completely different attitude.

There is plenty of room for healthy debate, but saying our manager is a joke®, and needs a good slapping down and other such nonsense (without offering any constructive criticism or suggestions) just proves that sadly there are a few posters who are only interested in moaning and destructive comments.

Radio Stoke are just as bad, commenting on Tom Pope failing to score in a whole 3 games (all away) and highlighting that Vale hadnt won for about 4 games when they could have said we had only one defeat in 12 at the time. Ray Williams just doesn't sound like he wants Vale to win.

Perhaps those who think the world has ended a couple of weeks early because we have had a bad week should go and support Bristol Rovers or Aldershot and have even more scope for moaning and doom. For my part, I am backing MA to come storming back and get over a couple of indifferent performances with a good result at Cheltenham.

I think you will find that the majority [Not the few] of poster on here have given there view of the match how they saw it, And of the team selection by MA, you could go and watch Preston,:laugh: Oh they lost too.:doh:

• 2 weeks later...

HI!

Just want to take this opportunity to write that we were incredibly nice, we three Port Vale fans from Sweden before and after this match. Do not know what's wrong with the players when we arrive. Thomas Silvfver and I have now if we add up his and my games have seen Port Vale in fifteen matches (I 7 Thomas 6 and 2 together) one victory on these and the previous year against Bristol Rovers A match without meaning.

But we love Port Vale and will always do, and sometime have luck turning. Cheers!

HI!

Just want to take this opportunity to write that we were incredibly nice, we three Port Vale fans from Sweden before and after this match. Do not know what's wrong with the players when we arrive. Thomas Silvfver and I have now if we add up his and my games have seen Port Vale in fifteen matches (I 7 Thomas 6 and 2 together) one victory on these and the previous year against Bristol Rovers A match without meaning.

But we love Port Vale and will always do, and sometime have luck turning. Cheers!

I hope you are not our bogey team?;)

HI!

Hope you keep coming to watch Vale, they have to win when you're in attendance soon. ;)

Archived