onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Damaging untrue rumours about Vale away

DeanPVFC

High policing costs which have crippled our club financially in recent years suggests to me we do have a problem.

But as I said before, keep burying your head in the sand and pretend that we don't have a problem.

They like to be seen as hooligans but most of them are just mouthy kids who would run a mile at the sight of real trouble. I came across a YouTube clip of these same idiots taunting the Rotherham fans boarding their coaches and it was embarrassing. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if the line of stewards and police hadn't been there. They need to grow up and look at how stupid their behaviour looks.

Advert

serious hooligan problem I don't buy that at all. I think it may seem that way because we take far more then these poxy league 2 teams. Use your loaf and do the maths - of course were going have more banning orders when teams like Dag & Red don't even put coaches on for away fans

The stats don't support your argument, Dean. The last figures released by the Home Office are for the 2010-11 season. Their were 127 arrests of away fans at League Two matches. 31 of these were Vale fans. That's almost 25%. Are you really trying to tell me that we had 25% of all the away support in the League throughout the season? This was the same number as Millwall in the Championship. It was more than a number of Prem teams including Tottenham, who have far small away followings than us don't they? We had 10 new banning orders issued that season which puts us in the top 30% of League clubs. Are you really saying we are in the top 30% of attendances?

The previous Board of Directors shut their eyes to this problem. This mustn't continue. If we have to introduce membership cards for away supporters and make matches all ticket like Stoke did so be it. It will be a small price to pay for cleaning up our image and making the away day experience great for everyone - not something spoiled by the moronic behaviour of a few.

The stats don't support your argument, Dean. The last figures released by the Home Office are for the 2010-11 season. Their were 127 arrests of away fans at League Two matches. 31 of these were Vale fans. That's almost 25%. Are you really trying to tell me that we had 25% of all the away support in the League throughout the season? This was the same number as Millwall in the Championship. It was more than a number of Prem teams including Tottenham, who have far small away followings than us don't they? We had 10 new banning orders issued that season which puts us in the top 30% of League clubs. Are you really saying we are in the top 30% of attendances?

The previous Board of Directors shut their eyes to this problem. This mustn't continue. If we have to introduce membership cards for away supporters and make matches all ticket like Stoke did so be it. It will be a small price to pay for cleaning up our image and making the away day experience great for everyone - not something spoiled by the moronic behaviour of a few.

The minority spoil it for the genuine fans again, but unfortunately I have to agree with your solution to this annoying image/problem we have developed

High policing costs which have crippled our club financially in recent years suggests to me we do have a problem.

But as I said before, keep burying your head in the sand and pretend that we don't have a problem.

What the police do Nej, if there's a tiny bit of trouble at our away games, then they'll police the next home game on a Tuesday night against ie Dag & Red. I'd be amazed if Rochdale wasn't policed. The *******s policed the Oxford match on a Monday because of our history with Oxford last season. Anyone could have told them on a Monday night, live on TV there'd be next to no Oxford fans and certainly no trouble. We've got some moronic fans, but the police's decisions infuritate me.

What the police do Nej' date=' if there's a tiny bit of trouble at our away games, then they'll police the next home game on a Tuesday night against ie Dag & Red. I'd be amazed if Rochdale wasn't policed. The *******s policed the Oxford match on a Monday because of our history with Oxford last season. Anyone could have told them on a Monday night, live on TV there'd be next to no Oxford fans and certainly no trouble. We've got some moronic fans, but the police's decisions infuritate me.[/quote']

Absolutely correct....and this is despite the somewhat oxymoronic Football Intelligence Unit still being in existence.

You also have to question why people can be ejected, receive banning orders and even arrested for swearing inside a football ground, when such language is routinely heard in society everyday.

When did football become a national treasure not to be sullied by bad language? When did that become a worse offence than drunken brawling in town and city centres?

It wouldn't be to drive up the arrest figures, surely? In an area awash with CCTV and stewards/police, as opposed to a High Street ?

I've got my doubts.

Absolutely correct....and this is despite the somewhat oxymoronic Football Intelligence Unit still being in existence.

You also have to question why people can be ejected, receive banning orders and even arrested for swearing inside a football ground, when such language is routinely heard in society everyday.

When did football become a national treasure not to be sullied by bad language? When did that become a worse offence than drunken brawling in town and city centres?

It wouldn't be to drive up the arrest figures, surely? In an area awash with CCTV and stewards/police, as opposed to a High Street ?

I've got my doubts.

spot on....why do football clubs have to pay for policing costs when there is far more trouble at pubs and clubs and they don't have to pay a thing?

Police and football don't mix, just look at hillsbough and all the corruption there. They have no right to issues these banning orders when 96 people lost the life because they treat football fans like animals.

spot on....why do football clubs have to pay for policing costs when there is far more trouble at pubs and clubs and they don't have to pay a thing?

Police and football don't mix, just look at hillsbough and all the corruption there. They have no right to issues these banning orders when 96 people lost the life because they treat football fans like animals.

Could that be because some fans behave like animals - or they certainly did in the 70s and 80s in the years before Hillsborough. That tragedy would not have happened without the fences and the fences were there because too many idiots wouldn't behave.

Could that be because some fans behave like animals - or they certainly did in the 70s and 80s in the years before Hillsborough. That tragedy would not have happened without the fences and the fences were there because too many idiots wouldn't behave.

They used to play brag at half time in the Bycars...... Hooligans!!!I know what you are saying Jacko but there was never ever any excuse for fences or membership cards

I can remember Billy Bell coming up the Bycars when the roof was apparently falling in and we were banned from standing underneath it...(we could stand in the rain 2ft in front and the brave boys in blue would stop it falling on us by bravely risking there lives by standing out of the rain poised like poised things)

Someone pointed out to Mr Bell that he wasn't actually entitled to come into the Bycars unless he had a membership card!!!!!!

Part of the problem was that fans were treated like animals. Jimmy Hill actually recognized this thus the first all seater at Coventry which was widely derided

They used to play brag at half time in the Bycars...... Hooligans!!!I know what you are saying Jacko but there was never ever any excuse for fences or membership cards

I can remember Billy Bell coming up the Bycars when the roof was apparently falling in and we were banned from standing underneath it...(we could stand in the rain 2ft in front and the brave boys in blue would stop it falling on us by bravely risking there lives by standing out of the rain poised like poised things)

Someone pointed out to Mr Bell that he wasn't actually entitled to come into the Bycars unless he had a membership card!!!!!!

Part of the problem was that fans were treated like animals. Jimmy Hill actually recognized this thus the first all seater at Coventry which was widely derided

😀 PLAY BRAG AT HALF TIME ... Yes I was one of them, some times it lasted longer if the game was crap 😊

What the police do Nej' date=' if there's a tiny bit of trouble at our away games, then they'll police the next home game on a Tuesday night against ie Dag & Red. I'd be amazed if Rochdale wasn't policed. The *******s policed the Oxford match on a Monday because of our history with Oxford last season. Anyone could have told them on a Monday night, live on TV there'd be next to no Oxford fans and certainly no trouble. We've got some moronic fans, but the police's decisions infuritate me.[/quote']

The vast majority of Vale fans are a credit to our Club Mark and the same goes for the away days aswell. The away support we've had during the past two games has been superb and hopefully it'll continue throughout the season.:yes:

Going back to the policing issue; yes the Police sometimes don't help themselves with their 'heavy-handed' approach; but at the same time; they have to be seen to be cracking down on the mindless idiots.

Problem is the behaviour and trouble caused by so-called Vale fans in recent years at places like Wrexham, Bury, Oxford, Shrewsbury and Crewe etc simply gives the Police an easy excuse to use their CCTV Cameras and film Vale supporters at any given opportunity.

Archived