onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match report from the Priestfield end

bigal1946

Advert

Easy vale were rubbish today simples........ gillingham players wanted it more and were better prepared,plus the big crowd syndrome that vale cant handle!!!!

Aoart from when we got 8k plus against Shrewsbury and Crewe, both of which we won of course.

But lets not let that get in the way of a dig cos we lost, eh.

The Gills report is very accurate apart from the nasty and cynical stamp by the player on Chris Neal which could have changed the whole complex of the game if the ref had done the right thing and sent him off.

MA was out thought by another MA and Allen was spot on. Vale's slow back two were ripped to shreds by Findley's pace. While they simply forced JMW onto his right side it was easy peasy. Which is a big worry when teams do their homework on us.

Lets just hope that it was just a bad day and normal service will resume next week because Bradford & Exeter are now even more important because if we lose both of these games then we are back in the pack well and truly.

Pretty decent and fair report.

Apart from them having a go at Neal for going down as though he had been shot.Their lad went straight through him and Neal was lucky not to have a serious injury.Many a ref would have red carded that incident.Add to this that cheating Gills player who went down as though he was badly injured,beating the turf in agony and when he saw the ref hadn't booked anybody,he got up and sprinted away.He also winked to the crowd.How the ref and his assistant ,on the Lorne St side, missed the blatant shirtpulling on Tom Pope in the penalty area during the second half is beyond belief!!!!

Apart from them having a go at Neal for going down as though he had been shot.Their lad went straight through him and Neal was lucky not to have a serious injury.Many a ref would have red carded that incident.Add to this that cheating Gills player who went down as though he was badly injured,beating the turf in agony and when he saw the ref hadn't booked anybody,he got up and sprinted away.He also winked to the crowd.How the ref and his assistant ,on the Lorne St side, missed the blatant shirtpulling on Tom Pope in the penalty area during the second half is beyond belief!!!!

Spot on. I think the ref gave just two free kicks for fouls on Popey (the second in the 86th minute) who got so much physical attention his wife would have been jealous. What gets me is that teams too often get away with cheating and gamesmanship like yesterday and it ruins the game. Gillingham may have been the better side but they won't win many friends. As someone said yesterday, typical Martin Allen side - tight, organised and ugly.

Neal may have received a bad challenge but he was not injured and got up playing on without consequence. Gillingham's fullback and one or two others made a meal as well. I don't have respect for this behaviour.

I can't recall our centre halves being outpaced generally. The first goal was from a cross not defended properly at the back post. The second a defender was there but a good shot came in and perhaps Neal should have done better and perhaps the shot should have been blocked. After their goals, all Gillingham's chances came from shots from long range. I have Duffy at fault at the back post for the first and Duffy at fault for the second when he lost possession and Shuker could not quite retieve the situation. I also have Duffy at fault for 15 inept crosses first half and failure to help Myrie Williams by taking away the second defender. That is all a bit harsh on him I suppose, but that is the way I saw it.

Andy..spot on. He went in studs showing..into his thigh...its a red.

Thought ref had a mare,mcdonald was lucky not get a ylw for bringin dwn there forward whn in on goal(mccombe) was close by.no card.

Popey man handled all game,once dragged to the floor.nowt.till 86th min!!

Gills got away with play acting and timewasting.nowt done.

Game itself...they shut dwn our wings. put alot of bodies inside there box,makin it hard get a shot away.

Bad marking played into there hands,so they could sit back n defend.

2nd half was attack vs defence...we just couldnt find away past them. seen vale play alot worse...so crap..or rubbish are over the top.

Just frustrating..when they defend in numbers and no way past..one of those games.

On too bradford we go.

Archived