onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

micky's and our hardest task

the old bycars tea bar

Advert

totally agree dave just watched the extended highlights in the first half both mac and boom made magnificent blocks, plus i reckon we got a maasive boost when we got the keeper, best we have had since goodlad no doubt

part of me wants to say **** it were going rip every ****er a new ******** and **** this league and go mental

then i remember the last few years and think naa it'll go **** up, we can't keep this up etc

if we continue as we are i will be more than happy and we will be up and around the top at the end of the league no doubt

i just want us to carry on playing the way we are its a joy to watch

Its not just the scoring its the Neil Aspin style blocking of shots that is also impressive.

To be honest, that's one of the main plus points from Tuesday night. The togetherness and fight for everything, is something that has shone through for me. When you have a captain that is as brave as a lion in Lofty, it rubs off on the other players and they too replicate that. I liked Richards, but he was never a gung-ho, bash 'em up striker! (apart from maybe Shrewsbury away, when he killed their 'keeper!) The players are putting their bodies on the line for each other... for Micky Adams... and most of all, the fans! They see us backing them and they love it. You only have to look at Twitter to see how much they admire our support.

Keep it up boys and girls!!! :D

On another note, if we get 5 points out of Gillingham/Bradford/Exeter, then I will take that! If we get more, then happy ****ing days!

On Tuesday the Vale regard looked like they did the season we were in the top two until Adams left. Then they reminded me of a pack off Jack Russells nipping at the opposite and not giving them any time on the ball and they made a decent Fleetwood look very average for most of the game.

If this attitude continues we will have more good days than bad ones.

Keep giving them the dog biscuits Micky!!:laugh:

On Tuesday the Vale regard looked like they did the season we were in the top two until Adams left. Then they reminded me of a pack off Jack Russells nipping at the opposite and not giving them any time on the ball and they made a decent Fleetwood look very average for most of the game.

If this attitude continues we will have more good days than bad ones.

Keep giving them the dog biscuits Micky!!:laugh:

thinking back o s the last time we went top 2 before adams left the footy was nothing like this,we were solid at the back and nicked games some times i came out of vale park wondereing how we had won but they were wins and that was all that mattered, whats happening now is bonkers because we are wiping the floor with fancied teams so long may it last.

Sorry but I disagree.

There were many games during the Rudge years when I expected us to win. Everton in the cup, Brighton went we got promoted, Everytime we played WBA (even the play-off game) Lets not forget MA's 1st stint as manager when we had a very mean defence, I knew that if we scored we would win.

There have been long periods of doom/gloom and dark nights, but its not as bad as you're making out.

sorry must just be me then?

To be honest, that's one of the main plus points from Tuesday night. The togetherness and fight for everything, is something that has shone through for me. When you have a captain that is as brave as a lion in Lofty, it rubs off on the other players and they too replicate that. I liked Richards, but he was never a gung-ho, bash 'em up striker! (apart from maybe Shrewsbury away, when he killed their 'keeper!) The players are putting their bodies on the line for each other... for Micky Adams... and most of all, the fans! They see us backing them and they love it. You only have to look at Twitter to see how much they admire our support.

Keep it up boys and girls!!! :D

On another note, if we get 5 points out of Gillingham/Bradford/Exeter, then I will take that! If we get more, then happy ****ing days!

You have any quick links to any of the lads' twitters? Be interesting to take a look at what they though of Tuesday night

Playing the pessimist it would be our luck that when we start playing the lower teams they will have found some form and won't be easy to beat.

However having followed the Vale a long time the teams we come unstuck with are the lower teams. Historically we seem to raise our game for the better sides. Take Tuesday for instance they were the form team and we reached another level and typically we got a bit cocky late on when we were coasting Macdonald thinking he was bobby Moore and gave away a stupid penalty.

Hopefully the players will realise Gillingham are not top of the league for nothing and turn in another superb performance. The day will come when we get brought back down to earth and as someone said it'll probably be us under performing but long may this feel good factor continue.

thinking back o s the last time we went top 2 before adams left the footy was nothing like this,we were solid at the back and nicked games some times i came out of vale park wondereing how we had won but they were wins and that was all that mattered, whats happening now is bonkers because we are wiping the floor with fancied teams so long may it last.
I agree mate we are playing better quality football this season but I was just refering to the way we harried the opposition into making mistakes like we did a couple of years back.

Without doubt there is more flair this season and long may it continue.

It's a long time since I enjoyed an away match so much...... Chesterfield a couple of seasons back when we thumped 'em. Lovely jubbly.

Well with who wh have played already's and after the next 2 games, we MUST be due a long run of games v teams in the bottom half I recon? Four points from the next 2 games and we could have a impressive points tally in say 10 games time!....

That was my comment for the Morcombe and Rotherham games, then the Rotherham and Plymouth games, then the Plymouth and Fleetwood games, and then the Fleetwood and Gills games. So far we've been getting 6 points per pair of matches :D

after being whipped up into a frenzy over the last few days and god am i enjoying it, i'm just wondering how difficult it will be for micky and his staff to keep the lads feet on the ground so to speak, and to some extent how do we the supporters guard ourselves from going overbored with the thinking we are the dogs ******** and bound to walk over every team

on sat for example it will be easy for us all to think it's a forgone conclusion that were going to hammer the gills, myself now i'd accept a scrappy game with a goal going in off some buggers backside in the 90th min

there is a long way to go and there are bound to be a few twists and turns before next may

up the vale!!!!

after watching how we have played against rotherham, fleetwood micky wont let the lads get carried away with results i think you will see the same hard working attcking performance we have seen all season and hopefully that willl get us the result on saturday if it doesnt then onto the next match

If I was to be ultra picky over how we are playing this season, I just wish we'd kept a couple of more clean sheets. As the great man used to say...to achieve promotion then 20 clean sheets are required. Then again Im being ultra picky...

Archived