onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

micky's and our hardest task

the old bycars tea bar

It's a really tough run of fixtures coming up, having played Fleetwood (currently 4th) on Tues, we have Gills (1st) Bradford (5th) and Exeter (3rd) all in the next four games. Based on what I've seen, we don't need to fear anyone - but it'll be a big ask not to slip up somewhere along the way against this lot. Hope not, but you have to be realistic.

Advert

I'm not one to get carried away, but our results and performances are there for all to see. Unlike Gillingham, our position in the league is not misleading. You only have to look at the stats mentioned by Jean to realise that on our day we don't have to fear anybody in this division, least of all the league leaders.

I think that Gillingham are going to be more worried by our style of play and they will be fully aware of the promotions favourites that we have comprehensively beaten by a cricket score. Likewise we and more importantly Gillingham will know that their various wins are against teams at the bottom end of the table who are, even at these early stages struggling for any type of form, particularly when it comes to scoring goals, which at the moment is our strength.

Lets not forget of course that it is only 3 points at the moment like MA has said, but I think that we also know that the sign of a good team is that they can also play badly.......................... and still win!

I don't care about Gillingham at this moment in time. We have spent years worrying about the opposition and what they can do. We've gone into big games HOPING that we can win whereas teams playing well and at the top of the league have turned up KNOWING that they can beat us. Their supporters have had an air of arrogance about them that has shown by the way they have got behind their team. Why can't this season be our turn, why can't we as supporters be all singing, all dancing and very confident of our team. Why can't we put a bit of doubt into their players heads even before the kick-off, as they go through their warm up routine.

I'm going to leave myself wide open to be shot down here, but I am being positive when I say it.

I know that Gillingham cannot beat the Port Vale team that we have been watching and admiring this season. If we do lose or only draw its because of a bad performance on the day which we will witness sooner or later. Either way WE ARE a better team than they are and we know it....................... Don't we:yes:

I'm not one to get carried away, but our results and performances are there for all to see. Unlike Gillingham, our position in the league is not misleading. You only have to look at the stats mentioned by Jean to realise that on our day we don't have to fear anybody in this division, least of all the league leaders.

I think that Gillingham are going to be more worried by our style of play and they will be fully aware of the promotions favourites that we have comprehensively beaten by a cricket score. Likewise we and more importantly Gillingham will know that their various wins are against teams at the bottom end of the table who are, even at these early stages struggling for any type of form, particularly when it comes to scoring goals, which at the moment is our strength.

Lets not forget of course that it is only 3 points at the moment like MA has said, but I think that we also know that the sign of a good team is that they can also play badly.......................... and still win!

I don't care about Gillingham at this moment in time. We have spent years worrying about the opposition and what they can do. We've gone into big games HOPING that we can win whereas teams playing well and at the top of the league have turned up KNOWING that they can beat us. Their supporters have had an air of arrogance about them that has shown by the way they have got behind their team. Why can't this season be our turn, why can't we as supporters be all singing, all dancing and very confident of our team. Why can't we put a bit of doubt into their players heads even before the kick-off, as they go through their warm up routine.

I'm going to leave myself wide open to be shot down here, but I am being positive when I say it.

I know that Gillingham cannot beat the Port Vale team that we have been watching and admiring this season. If we do lose or only draw its because of a bad performance on the day which we will witness sooner or later. Either way WE ARE a better team than they are and we know it....................... Don't we:yes:

great post and hard not to agree with all that you have said mate , we looked almost arrogant at times on tuesday in the best possible way. even in the warm up we look good

as i alluded to in the OP its very difficult not let things run wild and hope we can in some way keep our feet firmly on the ground until next may then go ****** mental

long may the good times continue i think we all deserve it

Well said boslem boy that's made me wish Saturday would hurry up,im not one to get carried away either and im keeping my feet firmly on the ground for this reason I can't see us scoring more than 8 on Saturday :-)

Joking apart but we hit promotion favourites Rotherham for 6 and the meanest defence in the league for 5 in their own back yard, whose to say we're not capable of scoring 8 in one game this season.

Wimbledon have played 7 & conceded 18, Barnet have played 7 and conceded 16. Oxford have played 7 and conceded 14.

Their defences are leaking goals at a rate of 2 goals & over per game unlike Fleetwood who had conceded just 2 goals in 6 before Tuesday's massacre. If we can score heavily against tight and organised defences then whose to say............ against struggling teams low on morale?

Just a thought.

you can not be a Vale fan and go into a game expecting to win , belive me and 30 odd years experience!

Sorry but I disagree.

There were many games during the Rudge years when I expected us to win. Everton in the cup, Brighton went we got promoted, Everytime we played WBA (even the play-off game) Lets not forget MA's 1st stint as manager when we had a very mean defence, I knew that if we scored we would win.

There have been long periods of doom/gloom and dark nights, but its not as bad as you're making out.

It's a really tough run of fixtures coming up, having played Fleetwood (currently 4th) on Tues, we have Gills (1st) Bradford (5th) and Exeter (3rd) all in the next four games. Based on what I've seen, we don't need to fear anyone - but it'll be a big ask not to slip up somewhere along the way against this lot. Hope not, but you have to be realistic.

Well with who wh have played already's and after the next 2 games, we MUST be due a long run of games v teams in the bottom half I recon? Four points from the next 2 games and we could have a impressive points tally in say 10 games time!....

Archived