onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

1 minute ago, NW9Valiant said:

This is nonsense. 

Flitcroft didn't work for us. That doesn't mean a DoF wouldn't.

If you want to put the power of recruiting into the hands of the manager, ask yourself based on the manager's approaches to the games since he's been in charge whether that would be a better idea. 

I really don't think so. 

We've lacked a set identity or set up to the team, Darren Moore has proven himself so far to be a pragmatic manager whose performances with the team so far you could quite rightly question. 

I've got no wish at the moment to give DM the power of recruiting our first team squad that doesn't match up what we are doing with the academy, because it really does seem like it would be all over the place. 

We just need a DoF and recruitment team who can bring in the right players for the right positions, so that when Moore isn't here any more, a manager can step in without massive upheaval. 

It's not nonsense it's called having a point of view , you've got your  opinion I've got mine it's not the end of the world is it 

Advert

1 hour ago, PVFC FAN said:

I'm sure you or someone else has said this is one of the worst vale teams you have seen. Its down to the players. Pretty simple.

What do the strips look like for next Patrick?

Does it have on the back of the collar "Cynghrair dau'n barod"

• Haha 2

Folks if you’re thinking of binning your ST or Membership, DON’T. I’ve used mine this week to fill some small holes in a wall with poly filler. The flexibility is absolutely superb and leaves a fantastic finish. Just needs rubbing down with sandpaper and painting over. Definitely the best use I’ve had from the card this season

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Just now, Nippy Naylor said:

It's not nonsense it's called having a point of view , you've got your  opinion I've got mine it's not the end of the world is it 

An argument can be nonsense. I appreciate you don't agree with it but I don't see what your alternative approach or structure would be; so it's nonsense (to me).

I'd honestly be deeply worried based on DM's management so far if he also recruited the players for the first team.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be either. At the moment I still believe he's the right manager for the team, though. But that's only because he hasn't had a transfer window of new players coming in to work with. If things are bad come November then my view on him could change.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Ohhhhhh. I’ll break that down for you Patrick. Even if you aren’t Patrick, you’re pretty <ovf censored> delusional.

1. Financially bad? You’re damn right. Because in a league higher we have debts of 9 million quid even though Carol bought it not long ago, debt free!!

2. We have a good enough manager. Do we? These lads 4 days have made me question that. Not only did we throw in the towel before a ball was kicked against Peterborough but I’ve just witnessed the worst ever half of football I’ve ever seen at Vale park, having been 2 up, and in a huge relegation fight. Disgusting.

3. DOF. You want one. But you want Moore to have a good amount of control over recruitment? Seriously? Why waste a wage?!

4. The academy is coming along well. 
Whoopee do. What does that do for the first team apart from virtue signaling look at us?! Dipepa has stepped up. As for the rest. Nope. They aren’t good enough. Period.

5.  AND FINALLY. Number <ovf censored> 5. Good <ovf censored> lord above youth. (If you are Patrick Shanahan then pack your bags and <ovf censored> off) Because here we go, let’s break down your absolute stupid statement. 
“I think the players we have are good enough for league 2”. 
Ok. I don’t. But that’s your opinion. 
But. Your next statement…. 
“If we want to get back up we need a very strong squad” 

Yes. I agree.

And you finish with….. And this is the best bit….

”The reason we failed in league 1 was because we didn’t build on the mediocre league 2 squad we had”

Laughable. You’re an absolute clown. 
In a matter of a few seconds you state we have enough quality in the side for league 2 and then you say we haven’t built on our mediocre league 2 squad!

I don’t know who you are. 
If you’re a normal fan then fair enough. You’re probably just a bit thick. 
But if you are actually Patrick Shanahan, like most claim, then pack up your pencils in your office you absolute dimwit and get out of our club. 
Because with that summary, you are absolutely <ovf censored> clueless and should be nowhere near a football club. 

1.Ye financially bad like I said.

2. Do you think pep could make this squad win many games? Not the managers squad he's been lobbed into steaming <ovf censored>

3. Yes we need a dof to make sure we invest correctly. As well as assisting Darren with recruitment. I want more to have a good amount of control over recruitment to prevent what happened with flitcroft when he signed a load of <ovf censored> players that didn't fit.

4. Ye the academy has come on

5. We have players that are good enough for league 2. We never built on the league 2 squad we came up with. We tried and we made it worse. So what's your point? Am I wrong? The point is we should have came up with a league 2 squad and built on it in weak areas to make it a league 1 squad. But we didn't.

Honestly I don't get your point there.

We had an average league 2 squad and just managed to get promoted. We didn't build on that squad enough so we are now in this position. Where we probably get relegated.

"In a matter of a few seconds you state we have enough quality in the side for league 2 and then you say we haven’t built on our mediocre league 2 squad!" 

It's true so what your point?

Please please please respond telling me what your point is with this statement.

15 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

They have always coped in the past.  I understand things have changed but im not convinced we need one. 

We do if we want to succeed. None of the clubs in league 2 that got promoted don't have a dof.

15 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

The DOF model doesn't work 

Wake up and smell the coffee 

Once again every club in league 2 that is in the top 10 has a dof. Same with league 1. 

We had <ovf censored> dof get over it

Good dofs exist too!!!!!

3 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

2. Do you think pep could make this squad win many games? Not the managers squad he's been lobbed into steaming <ovf censored>

3. Yes we need a dof to make sure we invest correctly. As well as assisting Darren with recruitment. I want more to have a good amount of control over recruitment to prevent what happened with flitcroft when he signed a load of <ovf censored> players that didn't fit.

5. We have players that are good enough for league 2. We never built on the league 2 squad we came up with. We tried and we made it worse. So what's your point? Am I wrong? The point is we should have came up with a league 2 squad and built on it in weak areas to make it a league 1 squad. But we didn't.

We had an average league 2 squad and just managed to get promoted. We didn't build on that squad enough so we are now in this position. Where we probably get relegated.

"In a matter of a few seconds you state we have enough quality in the side for league 2 and then you say we haven’t built on our mediocre league 2 squad!" 

Last time I’m replying to you tonight you dumb <ovf censored> as you’ve just done it again.

We had an average league 2 side that just got promoted and didn’t build on it and also state we good league 2 players????!!!!!

Oh <ovf censored> off.

Seriously.

Youre a picnic short of a picnic.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PVFC FAN said:

The point is the playing squad was completely underfunded that's why we are where we are and it's also because your mum doesn't like to admit to mistakes 

She would rather have a dig at the fanbase 

She should just say I ballsed up and I'm going to put it right no more cheap skating 

14 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Run a club ? That's the job of the owners surely no wonder Dms thought process is scrambled if your asking him to run the club and manage the football team 🙂🙂

By run the club I mean academy, training pitches, plans to be financially stable etc. The owners have input but the dof definitely has input because it may effect the football side of things.

2 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Last time I’m replying to you tonight you dumb <ovf censored> as you’ve just done it again.

We had an average league 2 side that just got promoted and didn’t build on it and also state we good league 2 players????!!!!!

Oh <ovf censored> off.

Seriously.

Youre a picnic short of a picnic.

We have a league 2 side? When did i say they were good. I used the words average and mediocre.

What an absolute clusterfuk of a day, season, 18 months. Just lumbers along from drama to drama with no let up or positivity on the horizon
Yeah mathematically we still aren't down and I suppose it's only league 2 looming, but boy oh boy it's been hard work for us. Nothing to cheer about just disappointment on disappointment with extreme negative emotion constantly thrown in for good measure, just to keep us on our toes and bickering amongst each other thru sheer frustration and disillusionment.
No idea where we go from this mess, with what seems to be no, or very limited money . No idea at all.
Why can't it be better?

• Like 3