onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thommo says no.

melv

Advert

I've said it before and i'll say it again - we need an experienced keeper now. When is the last time we had a solid goalkeeper over 30+? Too long imo. Someone like Ian Bennett, Steve Simonsen, Steve Phillips even..

Think he has made a mistake leaving us, We will see though. Seems it will new faces all round. This will be a test for Mickey as a lot of the players will now be his choice and his choice alone

Every single one of these players is Mickys players. He had the opportunity to get rid of the lot at the end of the season and start again. He chose to offer contracts to nearly all. The Rob Taylors, Louis Dodds, lewis Haldanes, now need to show that they can get us promoted. The Gareth Owens, Adam Yates, John Mccombes, need to show they can be a solid back unit. The Tom Popes, Ben Williamsons, need to show that they can put the ball in the onion bag and repay the managers faith in them.

There is not one player in this squad that isnt Mickys and im sure there will be more players to come in.

In my opinion, considering it looks like Ryder will back him, he will have to have at least a top 7 finish this season or collect his p45.

I'm not surprised at Tomlinson rejecting his offer. Initially I thought Adams had made a mistake in releasing Chris Martin and offering Tomlinson a deal as I would have kept Martin as back up and signed a proven keeper as 1st choice, however, maybe Adams was thinking in terms of Tomlinson as back up and bringing in an experienced keeper?

I, like a number of others, am quite happy for Tomlinson to go. I have no personal dislike of him but he is obviously more interested in his homo-erotic body building persuits than keeping goal as a professional football.

We should go for someone like Iker Casillas; world and European champion with an encyclopedic knowledge of football. Top,top bloke!

Think he has made a mistake leaving us, We will see though. Seems it will new faces all round. This will be a test for Mickey as a lot of the players will now be his choice and his choice alone

Which players aren't mickys?

In five years we will still have people saying that we need to wait until micky can build his own team.

I'm not surprised at Tomlinson rejecting his offer. Initially I thought Adams had made a mistake in releasing Chris Martin and offering Tomlinson a deal as I would have kept Martin as back up and signed a proven keeper as 1st choice, however, maybe Adams was thinking in terms of Tomlinson as back up and bringing in an experienced keeper?

I, like a number of others, am quite happy for Tomlinson to go. I have no personal dislike of him but he is obviously more interested in his homo-erotic body building persuits than keeping goal as a professional football.

We should go for someone like Iker Casillas; world and European champion with an encyclopedic knowledge of football. Top,top bloke!

The sentinel suggests that tommo was to be number 1 and Johnson on the bench. He has said he will only bring in one keeper to replace tommo.

No big deal is it? hope we find a young keeper who got fire in belly to prove himself and make a name for himself at the vale. like goodlad...raw talent who turned into a top keeper.till injuries cut him short.

No more young keepers. We need an experienced keeper who won't let his ability be coached out of him.

glad he's gone. Need an experienced keeper on his way down the leagues to replace him. Carlo Nash says he'll leave Stoke for first team football! Though doubt he'd come this far down the football league.

Other former Stoke player Simonsen wouldn't be a bad addition either!

Archived