onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics Sold

51 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

I can see you in my minds eye now, Sat, head in hands at Wembley as thousands of Vale fans celebrated Bennings goal.
Thinking to yourself...."I wonder how much the Shanahans are raking in out of this".
It's your opinion and you're entitled to it, thank the Lord we aren't all the same.

It was somewhere at the back of my mind.

But seriously, if it wasn't for her own best interests before anything else, what actually did Carol buy the club for? What does any chairman or chairwoman buy a club for? Goodwill? Shits and giggles? More money than sense?

Edited by Valiiant

Advert

I shouldnt imagine you buy a football club make money .

It's a money draining pit .

I've no idea what this means it could mean that something has being going on behind the scenes for months .

It's weird how the team seems to be  getting worse and worse why would that be  ?

Its all a bit odd maybe Carol has sold the club Robbie, Taylor and wealthy consortium but players do not like them .

How come the players played completely rubbish v Fleetwood yet one in particular was making a statement about how much he enjoyed playing under Crosby  yet v  Fleetwood was atrocious as the rest .

I'm.finding goings  on at Port Vale a mystery .

I'm.sure it will all come out eventually 

Be nice start new years with less drama and more wins happens  every year losing starts becoming a more and more certain thing 

Take your money Carol and run

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

2 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

I shouldnt imagine you buy a football club make money .

The majority might not make money in the end. But they are business people. They buy a club because they feel they that club will be good for them and their own interests. There's nothing wrong with that either, but that's not my point. If anyone thinks Carol bought Port Vale because she felt sorry for the fans and/or staff, or just wanted to be a hero, well...

16 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

The majority might not make money in the end. But they are business people. They buy a club because they feel they that club will be good for them and their own interests. There's nothing wrong with that either, but that's not my point. If anyone thinks Carol bought Port Vale because she felt sorry for the fans and/or staff, or just wanted to be a hero, well...

No mate she bought the club because she’s a fan simple

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Railwayman said:

No mate she bought the club because she’s a fan simple

Have to disagree there, she openly said herself she had been watching Vale for 5 years before she bought the club. Football is a business that’s the only reason people buy football clubs. That’s not me saying she didn’t have the clubs interests at heart because I believe she did & still does but ultimately it’s to make some pennies just like every other football club owner up & down the country 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

Carol and Kevin bought the club to free it from the dreadful clutches of the previous owner. They made offers which he rejected and they could easily have walked away. They then both spoke at length to two members of Black and Gold at Cheltenham in Feb 2019. On the way back they decided they had to pay the ransoM and get the club back. The rest is history!

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Have to disagree there, she openly said herself she had been watching Vale for 5 years before she bought the club. Football is a business that’s the only reason people buy football clubs. That’s not me saying she didn’t have the clubs interests at heart because I believe she did & still does but ultimately it’s to make some pennies just like every other football club owner up & down the country 

So you think that someone who has only been a fan for 5 years isn’t a real fan ??

Which owners in the bottom 3 leagues make money from owning a football club ?

Especially one that only averages around 7k gates

2 minutes ago, Railwayman said:

So you think that someone who has only been a fan for 5 years isn’t a real fan ??

Which owners in the bottom 3 leagues make money from owning a football club ?

Especially one that only averages around 7k gates

Maybe a late bloomer then 😄 why else would anyone buy a football club? I can’t imagine it’s because they love taking abuse & throwing money down the drain 🤔