onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ryan Loft.

4 minutes ago, Wrex said:

He had just got to peak fitness and form when he got injured. His peak being a half decent League One striker, which is something we are in desperate need of right now. Before that he was just an agent of chaos up front, which again is better than what we have now.

He is though one of those many players we have who becomes our saviour when he's not in the team and a bit pants when he is in the team. Which, as I keep saying, a half fit pants agent of chaos is still better than what we currently have up front at the moment.

Uche Appearances and goals:

Port Vale: 15 appearances: 1 goal 1 assist

Konyaspor: 17 appearances: 0 goals 1 assist

Cardiff City: 13 appearances: 3 goals 0 assist

Middlesbrough: 21 Appearances: 2 goals 1 assist

Wycombe: 31 appearances: 6 goals 3 assists

I for one will be happy when he leaves at the end of the season, so, that we can get off this Ucge bandwagon 

I have only seen the chaos in a couple of games in those 15 appearances.

Like, I said, I was pointing out how bad how recruitment's become if people think he is the answer

• Like 2

Advert

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Has he had the chances Stockley had on Tuesday night?

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Does he go an attack balls in the box? No He will never have a chance like Stockley because you have to be in there were it hurts.

One one one with keeper and doesn't even hit the target.

Edited by MBE

8 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Uche Appearances and goals:

Port Vale: 15 appearances: 1 goal 1 assist

Konyaspor: 17 appearances: 0 goals 1 assist

Cardiff City: 13 appearances: 3 goals 0 assist

Middlesbrough: 21 Appearances: 2 goals 1 assist

Wycombe: 31 appearances: 6 goals 3 assists

I for one will be happy when he leaves at the end of the season, so, that we can get off this Ucge bandwagon 

I have only seen the chaos in a couple of games in those 15 appearances.

Like, I said, I was pointing out how bad how recruitment's become if people think he is the answer

To be fair Brain he's the only answer we have which is an indictment on our recruitment.

I agree with Wrex, he creates space for others and undoubtedly is our best option up front. I have zero hope he will score a few goals but I do have hope the team scores more goals because spaces will open up for players who can score like Weir, Garrity and Chislett.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

He's a terrible player. I dread it everytime he comes on the pitch. He has weakened us nearly everytime and we've gone on to losing positions while he's playing. How much is down to confidence I don't know BUT he's still a human being and doesn't deserve such vitriolic abuse. I feel really sorry for him. He should put in a transfer request and start over again at a bottom end Div 2 team or National League

Loft is in a position where he is getting abuse but can put a stop to it almost immediately by doing his job and start scoring goals. He may also be able to stop  the abuse by cancelling his contract and going to play elsewhere, however not sure if that is legally possible. Lets be honest forget us even wanting to recoup his transfer fee where would he go , who having come and watched him would take him, obviously apart from our wonderful recruitment team. Not sure what salary he is on but he wouldnt get anything near it surely if he went elsewhere so he will stay.

As regards sympathy towards him I suppose I view it like joining a new company like most on here have done. There has usually been a 3 month trial period and come the end of it you are either kept on or released. If I had been this bad at my chosen profession I know I would be heading for the out door.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, MBE said:

To be fair Brain he's the only answer we have which is an indictment on our recruitment.

I agree with Wrex, he creates space for others and undoubtedly is our best option up front. I have zero hope he will score a few goals but I do have hope the team scores more goals because spaces will open up for players who can score like Weir, Garrity and Chislett.

I'm not arguing that he's the best answer at the moment.

My argument is, it shows how far we have fallen if he is the best answer

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

I'm not arguing that he's the best answer at the moment.

My argument is, it shows how far we have fallen if he is the best answer

No argument. The quality of our recruitment is lower than a snakes belly.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, JohnDoe said:

Uche is an awful footballer. Not good enough. Being better than loft isn’t the criteria we should be judging players. 

That's very harsh. Unless you're Man City you're not going to have 11 footballers, you will have a team of 11 players with different strengths. Uche's strengths are there for all to see and he would be a big asset to us in our current circumstances. He would have taken some of the pressure off us 2nd half on Tuesday that's for sure.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

And worryingly the guy who is responsible for this apparently is doing a great job and according to Carol our players are phenomenal.

Unbelievable really. A coward still sitting in the shadows not wanting to front up.

I don't know how that is showing leadership.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Stockleys_socks said:

That's very harsh. Unless you're Man City you're not going to have 11 footballers, you will have a team of 11 players with different strengths. Uche's strengths are there for all to see and he would be a big asset to us in our current circumstances. He would have taken some of the pressure off us 2nd half on Tuesday that's for sure.

I’m not saying he isn’t better than loft or a 17 year old who isn’t ready and wouldn’t be a starter for Leek town. I’m saying he isn’t very good and we need much better. 

On 01/03/2024 at 09:53, The man in the pub said:

Loft is in a position where he is getting abuse but can put a stop to it almost immediately by doing his job and start scoring goals. He may also be able to stop  the abuse by cancelling his contract and going to play elsewhere, however not sure if that is legally possible. Lets be honest forget us even wanting to recoup his transfer fee where would he go , who having come and watched him would take him, obviously apart from our wonderful recruitment team. Not sure what salary he is on but he wouldnt get anything near it surely if he went elsewhere so he will stay.

As regards sympathy towards him I suppose I view it like joining a new company like most on here have done. There has usually been a 3 month trial period and come the end of it you are either kept on or released. If I had been this bad at my chosen profession I know I would be heading for the out door.

You make some valid points here. I was just having a moment of being nice I think

• Haha 1

Is it true he was missing with a terrible lip injury yesterday?

My patience with Loft ran out vain the second half vs Orient, when he ended a promising break by trying to scissors volley a ball slightly behind him at the corner of the 18-yard box into the top corner.  Messi might score 1 in 100 similar attempts,  but he would probably get the (admittedly less than ideal) pass under control and try to find another way to score.  Instead our Ryan missed the ball completely, Orient took a quick throw and we were back on the defensive.  Never mind a lack of confidence, it’s a lack of grey cells we really should be concerned about.