onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jcb ?

ValiantJake

Advert

What I meant was that fans of other teams won't grasp the concept that JCB are a global company and worth a fortune. They'll see it as a two-bob sponsorship deal by a company that does cranes and trucks. I know, myself, that it'd be a great deal, but there's fans out there that are as thick as two short planks, and wouldn't see the potential in a deal such as this.

i like the look of that! looks classy. lets just pray and hope KR has got it all sorted because hoping it all goes through by 22nd june he hasnt got long get strip and things sorted for the new season 6 weeks later.

I think he and Micky will already have begun negotiations with several people already. :yes:

What I meant was that fans of other teams won't grasp the concept that JCB are a global company and worth a fortune. They'll see it as a two-bob sponsorship deal by a company that does cranes and trucks. I know, myself, that it'd be a great deal, but there's fans out there that are as thick as two short planks, and wouldn't see the potential in a deal such as this.

Wont grasp the concept that JCB are a global company worth a fortune.

:ohmy::ohmy::doh::doh: :laugh::laugh:

Are you for real????

I think you will find that other fans will recognise that JCB are a global 1st class company and will be envious of our association with them. Thats if the rumour is true of course.

And you really give a monkeys what other fans think..? It wouldnt bother me if we were advertising dildos on the front of our shirts as long as it benefited the club financially. I bet most vale fans have never heard of most shirt sponsors from other teams in league 2, however I think most people will have heard of JCB.

You've clearly not been on many other messageboards and forums then. You'll be surprised how many misinformed people would question the deal, and wouldn't be aware of the financial benefits of said deal. I don't really care what other fans think, but it is nice to be commended for things, as opposed to being ridiculed. Either way, if it brings money into the Football Club, and benefits us financially, then that'll do for me, and every other Vale fan, I'd imagine.

You've clearly not been on many other messageboards and forums then. You'll be surprised how many misinformed people would question the deal, and wouldn't be aware of the financial benefits of said deal. I don't really care what other fans think, but it is nice to be commended for things, as opposed to being ridiculed. Either way, if it brings money into the Football Club, and benefits us financially, then that'll do for me, and every other Vale fan, I'd imagine.

Can you please provide a link to these many other message boards where the deal is being questioned?

A global company would want to advertise around the world via The Premier League or another major sporting event. It makes absolutely no marketing sense to advertise your brand when it will be seen for a few minutes at 1 in the morning on The Football League Show. And that's not meant to be disrespectful but what would they gain from it?

Maybe they have had a meeting with KR.Like what his plans are,and have confidence in him.

What do other companies get from sponsorship?

Did'nt Stoke have sponsors before they reached the dizzy heights of the premiership then?

A global company would want to advertise around the world via The Premier League or another major sporting event. It makes absolutely no marketing sense to advertise your brand when it will be seen for a few minutes at 1 in the morning on The Football League Show. And that's not meant to be disrespectful but what would they gain from it?

There're a few reason why they may do it:

- Vale's sponsorship packages will be much, much cheaper than those of the top teams.

- Possibility of excellent value for money if Vale make the playoff or Jonston Paintpot Final

- PR... Firm supports cash-strapped football club.

- Genuine interest in supporting the club

- A place on the new board that needs to be formed when Ryder takes over.

Of course not saying it's true but it's definately possible, especially with Ryder wearing his JCB socks.

Also, they have previously shown an interest in football, and have had links to Vale http://www.jcb.com/presscentre/NewsItem.aspx?ID=827

And what about Sennheiser, they obviously felt that spaonsoring poor, little cash-strapped Port Vale would be worth it :rolleyes:

Like Sennheiser?

Stoke have been sponsored by Britannia for 15 years and were in the Championship and about to go down to what is now league one when they did the deal, so lower league teams can attract bigger sponsors.

Swindon have Samsung as their sponsor and EA Sports on the away kit(well Fifa with the year of the game).

It isn't unheard of even if a lot of lower league clubs do tend to have lesser of locally based companies!

Archived