onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mo at Vale tonight

Alan Baker

Advert

Its safe to say any bid now will likely be vasty different due to us being in a form of solvency protection. The money and terms will certainly have changed making the last bid irelevent. LB's statement is almost an admission that the money will be different. I don't think judging any future bid with any previous bid is a good idea, you'll likely be seeing two totally different bids.

The point im making is that we have had info about Mo and his bid.We know about some of his background,we know a bit about the team that he wants around him.(yes some of it will have changed,without doubt).

But bm posted 'get those pipe people in i reckon' but there is zero info about that bid,who is involved,what their plan is.So on what info was this based?

Its safe to say any bid now will likely be vasty different due to us being in a form of solvency protection. The money and terms will certainly have changed making the last bid irelevent. LB's statement is almost an admission that the money will be different. I don't think judging any future bid with any previous bid is a good idea, you'll likely be seeing two totally different bids.

I think it's pretty safe to judge the business plan as a comparison, just the figures that may be different (At least, initial investment wise)

The point im making is that we have had info about Mo and his bid.We know about some of his background,we know a bit about the team that he wants around him.(yes some of it will have changed,without doubt).

But bm posted 'get those pipe people in i reckon' but there is zero info about that bid,who is involved,what their plan is.So on what info was this based?

Knowing about Mo and his team isn't the same as knowing bid details.

We don't know about how he intends to get us on a level footing.

IPP said they are not making any further comment untill a further date I.think we just have to accept that and wait untill they do before we judge them.

I think it's pretty safe to judge the business plan as a comparison, just the figures that may be different (At least, initial investment wise)

Theoretically. However as any capital investment will be less now than the £1.2million for 51% bid of last year you can expect changes in any business plan to be pretty wholesale. A much longer term plan can balance that out however.

But as we've seen in the last 9 years running a football club to match fans expectations are not as cut and dried as they are when wirtten down.

You do know by having an agreement with me that you hace helped open a portal to hell?

I absolutely despise bratt and all the other old board cronies, and until recently I was very pro mo but things I've heard him say over the last week or so just sound to me like things have changed somewhat.

The situation is now 100% different to June last year and although I'm no business genius I struggle to see how his bid won't be significantly different.

I've even read a comment another thread that points a finger at ipp being an "off shore tax evasion" situation, that's was by a pro mo guy. I don't know anything about them, but if that's how things are now, pro mo suggesting improper conduct by a potential bidder that we don't even know enough about yet, then I'm out, its not even our decision to make, but I'm interested in what all parties have to say before making defamatory/inflammatory comments! As far as portals to hell fella, trust me I've been into worse.

I absolutely despise bratt and all the other old board cronies, and until recently I was very pro mo but things I've heard him say over the last week or so just sound to me like things have changed somewhat.

The situation is now 100% different to June last year and although I'm no business genius I struggle to see how his bid won't be significantly different.

I've even read a comment another thread that points a finger at ipp being an "off shore tax evasion" situation, that's was by a pro mo guy. I don't know anything about them, but if that's how things are now, pro mo suggesting improper conduct by a potential bidder that we don't even know enough about yet, then I'm out, its not even our decision to make, but I'm interested in what all parties have to say before making defamatory/inflammatory comments! As far as portals to hell fella, trust me I've been into worse.

Tax evasion is illegal, but Tax avoidance like setting Vale`s losses against another firms profits is legal, which is similar to what Bet365 do.

Basically can't disagree with that.

All I want is the best possible bid for the club. Wether.is be Mo, IPP or anyone else providing they have no links to V2001's latter days. We cannot pre judge or predjudice any bid untill we know about all the bids.

Lets say Mo doesn't get Vale? What then for the Pro Mo'ers? Protests to the administrators? Letters in the Sentinel? Stay aways? I fear V2001 have damaged the fan base beyond repair.

Basically can't disagree with that.

All I want is the best possible bid for the club. Wether.is be Mo, IPP or anyone else providing they have no links to V2001's latter days. We cannot pre judge or predjudice any bid untill we know about all the bids.

Lets say Mo doesn't get Vale? What then for the Pro Mo'ers? Protests to the administrators? Letters in the Sentinel? Stay aways? I fear V2001 have damaged the fan base beyond repair.

Ive asked the same question today, so many are banking on mo what happens if he doesn't get it? It could end up with another terrible situation where any other new owner isn't given a fair chance and get scrutinised to a degree mo never would and aren't given enough time to actually do anything. I hope that doesn't happen, as you said, best deal for port vale with or without mo but no old guard whatsoever in any capacity!

Tax evasion is illegal, but Tax avoidance like setting Vale`s losses against another firms profits is legal, which is similar to what Bet365 do.

I can assure you the quote was "off shore tax evasion", not a very bright comment under the circumstances.

I've recently read the sentinel article where Mo appears to be calming the thought of him tabling a bid. At he end of the day he seems to be trying to advise the administrators, that IF he does bid (and from the noises it's an IF not when) he wont be submitting the highest bid and it's about long term sustainability.

I suspect no one will be bidding on the proviso that it's not about long term sustainability so a mute point for me Mo.

Another point i was making was although Mo's previous bid may well change but at least we know a little bit of what he is about.But we know nothing,zilch naff all all about the other bidders and their bid's.

I was asking about the post that said 'get these pipe people in' and on what info that was based upon.Is this part to much to understand?

Theoretically. However as any capital investment will be less now than the £1.2million for 51% bid of last year you can expect changes in any business plan to be pretty wholesale. A much longer term plan can balance that out however.

But as we've seen in the last 9 years running a football club to match fans expectations are not as cut and dried as they are when wirtten down.

Of course, I would never doubt that capital investment would be different as the required money is now significantly less. A long term plan would be a must for any bidder, irrespective of who they are.

As for running a football club, I think the past few years have shown us that PVFC has a sizeable proportion of fans who only care about what happens on the pitch, run that successfully and you are onto a winner.

Archived