onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mark Chamberlain

Valiant Exile

Not sure if this has been highlighted or understandably just got lost in the events of the past few weeks, but Mark was interviewed on Talksport the other week, of course the bulk of the questions are about Alexander,(as his dad calls him) but Mark does talk a little about his early career at the Vale with McGrath & Rudgie. Have a listen on:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1570/42/exclusive-mark-chamberlain-reveals-why-aoc-chose-arsenal-ahead-man-united

Interesting interview for about 20 minutes. I remember Mark starting off at the Vale when I was about 10 years old so good memories for me ===

Advert

Not sure if this has been highlighted or understandably just got lost in the events of the past few weeks, but Mark was interviewed on Talksport the other week, of course the bulk of the questions are about Alexander,(as his dad calls him) but Mark does talk a little about his early career at the Vale with McGrath & Rudgie. Have a listen on:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1570/42/exclusive-mark-chamberlain-reveals-why-aoc-chose-arsenal-ahead-man-united

Interesting interview for about 20 minutes. I remember Mark starting off at the Vale when I was about 10 years old so good memories for me ===

Tremendous player for us, stood head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch. I commented last week that if nick Powell is as good as mcgarry makes out he would have done the same, against us he was anonymous

Tremendous player for us, stood head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch. I commented last week that if nick Powell is as good as mcgarry makes out he would have done the same, against us he was anonymous

We'll never say that about Chris Shuker:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was at huddersfield in 1979 when made his debut as sub. Went round half the team and pinged it in the top corner from a full 30 yrds. We went mental even though we were in their end. BTW we lost 3-1 but what a memory

I remember Mansfield away where he had ran off he pitch behind the goal, he waited there and then ran on nicked the ball off the keeper and scored! Their players and staff went mental as the ref gave it, I remember one of their coaching staff chasing the ref round the pitch, happy days!

Mark Chamberlain was worth the admission money alone......he scored one goal for Stoke at St :)Andrews when the keeper rolled the ball out to him after a Birmingham corner he and literally ran the length of the pitch to score!!

Magnificent

I stood on the Boothen end to watch his debut against Arsenal. The stoke fans round me were calling him a vale reject and bemoaning why they had signed him, after he had left Kenny Sansom sat on his backside and crossed for O'callaghan to score they were chanting his name, fickle ****ers! A few weeks later he made his England debut and I was dead proud.

Far too young to have seen him play.

The only thing I've seen him do on video was a swivel and cross for George Berry to score in that Luton game.

That was an excellent Stoke side santa who played to his strengths until the same manager ( Richie Barker ) went on the "long ball" course and it all went **** up !!

His biggest mistake on leaving Stoke was signing for Sheffield Wednesday when Everton etc were after him.

That was an excellent Stoke side santa who played to his strengths until the same manager ( Richie Barker ) went on the "long ball" course and it all went **** up !!

His biggest mistake on leaving Stoke was signing for Sheffield Wednesday when Everton etc were after him.

Arghh, Richie Barker's team of six footers!

I bought my bungalow from Mark when I first moved to the Potteries in 1984 but he was playing for Stoke then. A very nice bloke who was easy to talk to despite his estate agent not wanting him to speak to me direct. Had a brother who I think was named Cyril who played for Vale then but who was sold to Newport County.

Archived