onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Watch a vintage Port Vale match in full - 7.30pm this Weds evening

robf

What's the concept?

Some of you may remember our series of "Full ninety minute" Port Vale matches we put on during lockdown. They were meant to entertain you during lockdown while there wasn't any actual football.  The games included several Potteries derbies, the FA Cup game against Derby, the Autoglass Trophy final, the LDV Vans Trophy final, the League Cup tie against Liverpool etc... all of them showing the entire 90 mins play. If you missed them then you can find them here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29DNR5RHxh0&list=PLitB7Hn9e6bkCSpx3SJKU6yenZxE0vfz-

What's happening this week?

I've kindly been provided with some more VHS videos by Dave Porter and I thought I'd mark the start of the FA Cup with a vintage game on Wednesday evening.

What game are you showing?

So, if all goes well (and the upload works)... To mark the FA Cup first round fixture I'll be showing the entirety of Port Vale's FA Cup first round game with Kidderminster back in 2004.

*** PLEASE DON'T PUT ANY SCORE SPOILERS ON HERE IN CASE ANYONE WANTS TO WATCH WITHOUT KNOWING THE SCORE ***

Is it any good?

It's not a classic (I've already shown most of them) but I hope it's entertaining to watch an old Vale game and hopefully it's interesting to watch a game featuring the Vale team of fifteen years ago. It contained players such as Billy Paynter, Chris Birchall, George Pilkington and Sam Collins. Please note - the video doesn't have any commentary so all you'll hear is the crowd noise (just like being there then!).

When's it on?

The video will "premiere" on Wednesday at 7.30pm on the OVF YouTube channel. Join us then to watch it "as live" and also discuss the game live in the chat box. If you miss the premiere then it will be available on the OVF YouTube channel to watch anytime after the premiere has finished.

Where's the link?

Click on this link. You can also set a reminder ahead of the 7.30pm premiere:

https://youtu.be/DiB2IoGcS8k

Thanks,

Rob

Advert

Just a note on this. This particular match may NOT be the easiest watch. The camera angle and the floodlights causes a fair bit of glare at times. When you add in seventeen years of the VHS tape degrading it can be a bit pixelly. I do hope it is entertaining to some of you though.

I have a large batch of videos thanks to Dave which I haven't been able to preview so going forward there may be some more matches which are of higher quality. 

It starts at 7.30pm folks through the link below. 

At the risk of underselling it, it's not the finest quality so it may not appeal to all you.

However, the next one I want to show is a televised game (so differs from this one in having commentary, different camera angles and replays) and may be a better one. 

Anyhow, if you do want to give tonight's game a go it's at:

Archived