onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Let the Board Know what you think!

carpetman123

Advert

Surely they'll just file them under B 1 N?

I have worked all my life as an auditor / regulator / management consultant dealing with the performance of public services. Sometimes that has placed me in high profile adversarial situations. It is important to keep saying the right thing to wrongdoers because it will ultimately contribute to them being held to account. It is also in a way compassionate because it gives them a chance to understand peoples' views and to take the right action in the situation. Making constructive criticism is never wasted even if it is not heeded for a time or ever.

Wrongdoers often collapse suddenly and unexpectedly under pressure - for example someone who has committed fraud will fold and confess when they are challenged seriously by an investigator. That is because their pysche has been eaten away from the contined effort needed in their mind to rationalise their behaviour and to keep believing they are a good person. Keep the pressure up.

Done:

I’d like to know why, when 97% of your customers don’t want you, you persist in ruining the club? What possible reason is there to continue when the supporters club – a group of volunteers – are more professional than the club? The board has no real material wealth, they seem attract only dodgy types like Peter Miller and Harlequin, yet turn down local business men with real wealth and a successful cv. I also add, they are more successful than ALL of the board combined.

Any other business under this pressure would fold.

If you don’t want to be responsible for the finish of Port Vale then you need to do just one single thing.

Relinquish your shares and go forever.

YOU ARE NOT WELCOME.

Sorry for the copy and paste job, I'm sure Martin wouldn't mind as I feel this deserves a wider audinece:

"I was appalled to read the revelations in The Sentinel regarding Port Vale Chairman Peter Miller and Chief Executive Perry Deakin.

The remuneration package for Mr Miller was way over the top. How can a League Two Club afford to pay a Chairman that amount of money and also have a paid Chief Executive. I believe the position of Chairman – and other Directors – should be without pay and the duties carried out in a philanthropic manner for the benefit of the club.

It is not surprising, with these unnecessary overheads, that the club is unable to provide Manager Micky Adams with a more competitive player budget reflecting the size of the support at Vale Park.

The previous Board’s stubborn six-month-long resistance to Mo Chaudry’s take over against the wishes of the vast majority of supporters and shareholders, in my opinion, ripped the heart out of the club. Many supporters might think we appear to have gone from the frying pan into the fire.

The only way to unite the club again is for a fresh start with an entirely new Board which has the respect of the fans.

David Smith

Former Vale Vice Chairman and supporter for 48 years"

Archived