onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New year message from Carol

boslemportvale91

10 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Keep losing and its obvious what would happen but lets hope now we can turn it around with players coming back to fitness(and important ones at that) potential new signings on the horizon.

I think there is a lot more to come from Carol and her plans going forward....love our owners and love our club

Happy New Year to you all on here even the twonks 🙂 

Like one big family, dysfunctional yet United, we all love The Vale and only want what's best. I believe Carol the best owner of a football club, no question. The statement she made today reaffirms her support of JA, so I'll just put my tin hat on one more time and say it'd be Derek Adams for me, given a wish. Not to be though, and I accept that, so I'll keep it zipped. Whatever, Happy New Year and Up the Vale

Advert

A very clear, concise and insightful message from Carol! A hint that, should she feel the need to change the manager, she will make that difficult decision; and that things went <ovf censored> up so quickly - not her words, obv!!! - that it took them a little by surprise, but, with their business acumen, they know how to deal with changing situations.

Those of you criticising the club for the community  work they've done / continue to do should be ashamed of their criticism! Vale needed to be put back in the hearts of people who used to regard us as their favourite "second" team...been some years since then! Needed to regain their place as one of the pillars of the local community. But, the suggestion that they've allowed the football side to drift is mean-spirited - I'm pretty sure the Shanahans are capable of multi-tasking? Probably - as they have built a business much bigger than most people on here have - more capable than many of you?

As for the silence coming from the club - I pretty much think you've been told "when you have the need to know, you will know"!!!

Looking forward to the Vale having a decent second half of the season. Hoping you guys all have a Happy New Year, when it arrives!!

Carol and co have done wonders for the Vale off the field and may it long continue, as for on the field sorry but JA ain’t gonna cut the mustard and is simply not good enough otherwise we’d be comfortably in a playoff place, not six points outside, (which to some seems all good), together with a truly shocking run of results. !!!!! Would love him to prove me wrong but can’t see it !!!! 

There surely can't be any Vale fans out there critical of Carol, Kevin and the board.

There has been a 'sea of change' since they took over. Port Vale now has dignity, recognised nationally in the media and locally in the community.

I personally believe that recruitment this season and if I'm honest under JA has been mediocre and poor this season. This needs addressing if the club are to advance and prosper.

November and December (Bolton aside) has been appalling, key players have underperformed, some injured, rumours of unrest and interference in the squad from other sections (not the owners).

Regardless, having both heard and met the Shanahan's, I have every belief and faith that ultimately as a business PVFC will be run 'and managed' in a way to ensure that it grows.

If this mean s a change of manager, then it WILL be done.

Keep the faith, again I must stress that without B&G Vale would be no more.

With the current set up I have confidence we will soon see better days on the pitch - and I for one will be there to enjoy it.

Archived