onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

v Crewe 11.02.12: all the pre game stuff; will the game be on?;

ollyandpatch

Advert

A good spanking by Crewe will increase the numbers at the after game protest.............:D

===

There are two things more important than protesting, beating Crewe and beating Shrewsbury!

Anyone who wants us to lose against Crewe just to boost the protest wants leaving at Platform 12 in Crewe all day with the Crwho fans!

Stoke is a derby

Crewe is not a derby

Shrewsbury is not a derby

Macclesfield is not a derby

Walsall is not a derby

Mansfield is not a derby

Burton is not a derby

Derby is not a derby

Stockport is not a derby

Chester is not a derby

What about Wrexham? :ninja:

Just to add to this debate bout crewe being our rivals, well spose for most of our younger fans under the age of say 14 crewe are probably alls that they've really known as a derby. End of the day spose its always nice to have a rivalry in football even if crewe does happen to be our lower league one.

There are two things more important than protesting, beating Crewe and beating Shrewsbury!

Anyone who wants us to lose against Crewe just to boost the protest wants leaving at Platform 12 in Crewe all day with the Crwho fans!

And there me thinking winning as many games possible attracting more fans giving a better service was the most important thing? Oh but its beating Shrewsbury and crewe!

Plus when did I say I wanted to lose to crewe I mearly pointed out that most of the best turned out protests are when we lose but only the hard core fans protest win lose or draw!

Havnt seen you at many protests this season but again MA is back all is ok now!!

Will you be at the next protest or game at home I will be win lose or draw!

it will be called of, same reason as shrews.

good really that we can get injured players back and rest ricos ankle a bit.

also a cash flow nightmare for the potless board so even better!

Not sure about that. I have been thinking about this recently and wonder if games are actually costing us money.

Apparently we sold more than 3 thousand season tickets so we haven't had many paying attendees recently and we don't make any money from the food on a match day because the catering contract was apparently paid up front. We have to pay stewarding costs and policing costs on top of all this.

Where would any income be from?

Not sure about that. I have been thinking about this recently and wonder if games are actually costing us money.

Apparently we sold more than 3 thousand season tickets so we haven't had many paying attendees recently and we don't make any money from the food on a match day because the catering contract was apparently paid up front. We have to pay stewarding costs and policing costs on top of all this.

Where would any income be from?

How about programmes???? Ask Deakin:yes:===

Crewe is definatly not a derby!!! You must be the first person iv cone across that has said it is... Stoke are our rivals and that's what a derby match is... Not a **** poor Crewe team and fans that are not in Stoke on Trent jeez

Well to me Crewe is a derby, there are Crewe fans living in the City and there are Vale fans living in Crewe. So its obviously close enough to be classed as a Derby. Many clubs have Derby matches with rivals from different counties, such as Norwich and Ipswich, Newcastle and Sunderland and Forest and Derby to name just a few. Stoke will always be our fiercest rivals but it does not detract from the fact that Vale Crewe is a derby match too.

while i agree that vale and stoke is the only true derby, i can assure fellow vale fans{as i live in wistaston crewe} that crewe fans in general really do hate us and the fact we have always taken such a large following to crusty road really gets to the train spotters!

Archived