onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Board Statement

Memphis

Advert

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, but Admin feel free to merge if you feel it neccessary.

http://staffslive.co.uk/2012/01/24/port-vale-board-members-hit-back-at-disgruntled-fans/

“Supporters’ campaigns over the past 12 months have seriously damaged the club’s income."

Turning away investment and dynamic management has a bigger effect. I assume they are preparing the ground for the publication of the annual accounts.

It is the job of the board in any business to make the customers feel valued and to give them a good product. I know it's hard running a football club and I and other supporters are prepared to take the rough with the smooth a lot of the time. But Port Vale has gone down hill on the field for several years now and the standard of football on display has not been worse since the 1970's.

The board consists of four people and two of those have discredited themselves. It is not the fans that have done that, they are responsible for their actions. The other two have made significant misjudgements and can be accused of neglecting their duties at least. None has demonstrated business acumen that looks likely to lead the club out of trouble.

The customers are responding to what they see and the way they are treated. It is cause and effect at work. Loyal and long serving fans are taking their custom away. The shareholders have been seriously misled. There is evidence of illegality - the new loan - of potential breaches of the duties of directors under the companies act and fraud by misrepresentation and misuse of office are suspected.

The board cannot rebuild loyalty because they cannot rebuild the lost trust. It doesn't seem they have any business answers to a loss making business. They can't even manage to publish the annual accounts on a timely basis and that is because they are concerned to keep from scrutiny their performance failure and any irregularities surrounding it.

I annoy myself on here by becoming too attached to all this - Port Vale is just a football club and team and there are many more things in life to do and be concerned with. I also don't like to be drawn towards negative thinking and hatred which in the end are self harming for me. But it is very hard to find any compassion for these board members or to take seriously what they say. I made that mistake during the summer and autumn.

So I tried to find a quote that sums up their predicament and what I seek to avoid myself - pretty difficult, but to quote the Buddha:

"It is man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways".

It worked last time!

I will not renew my season ticket this time until there is the change everyone is looking for. Things have moved on 12 months. That said, canny management at Accrington can keep that club going on home support of 1500 people, so if they got good suddenly, I mean very good, maybe they could struggle on. Unlikely, the line in the sand is clear, season ticket sales will collapse.

Archived