onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rotherham In Pictures with a touch of USA

Gerard

hope to go to the new stadium it will look fantastic when finished, why didnt we make our stands that steep when we did the bycars etc all the talk of staying at vale park if we could have a new stadium with amazing facilities clean warm toilets that you dont have to walk a mile to get to, refreshments that you dont have to queue in all weathers to get served in and great views from every seat would it be such a bad thing if we did leave vale park??

Advert

just looked at the stadium on rotherhams website it will look superb totally enclosed 12,000 capacity don't know how much its costing but i'm sure will be worth every penny.

Tin hat! But that is what I want vale have, before people mention ambition they need remember new ground are built so they can be extended in capacity. Corner filled here or tier on there etc.

hope to go to the new stadium it will look fantastic when finished, why didnt we make our stands that steep when we did the bycars etc all the talk of staying at vale park if we could have a new stadium with amazing facilities clean warm toilets that you dont have to walk a mile to get to, refreshments that you dont have to queue in all weathers to get served in and great views from every seat would it be such a bad thing if we did leave vale park??

Look at my post above. It is my thinking exactly vp belongs in the history books.

i have to say that only last season i said i would hate us to leave vale park, 12 months on and i have had a change of mind. we have a ground far to big for us what ever level we are at. and there is more atmosphere in burslem cemetry

I have wanted us move for many years. Like I say the smaller new stadiums are always built so that if played at a level where it and teh crowds need it it can be expanded. Shrewsburys for instance is built in a way so it can be expanded to 40k. The only way vale would need a bigger ground that 10,12k is in the premier league. Which is many moons away.

Vale would get low crowds even at championship level 9k tops at a massive push.

I agree with the posts about the railway. Knock the railway and family stands down. Build a new smaller single tierd stand taking vale's capacity down (with the ability of being expanded if the ground is really bursting at the seems :rolleyes:) Even rebuild the tatty old bycars stand too.

Now i'd have stands simler not exactly the same! Like at Bournmouth smaller neater stands could have the roof design simler to the rest of vp (even though the roofs look 80s). Neat compact stands at vp just what we would need.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/bournemouth/

The stands at the side replacing the paddock and the one behind the goal replacing the bycars would well be enough.

just looked at the stadium on rotherhams website it will look superb totally enclosed 12,000 capacity don't know how much its costing but i'm sure will be worth every penny.

Word on the Rotherham streets say it's costing 20 million. The Council have loaned them 5 million and given their employees a pay cut last year!!!!!!!! Indirectly, i have an interest in the new stadium

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys,

Hope you don't mind but just thought I'd share the latest progess with you.

360 degs view from the directors box taken today.

http://360.io/YA4Zvr

Now that is indeed impressive!

Hope you aren't winding us up with your positivity and sense of a future when we are on the verge of disappearing down the plug hole and fans wanting us to be made potentially homeless by our council ;)

Things are indeed looking very hood for you and I understand you have signed Sean Harrad today as well!

Look at my post above. It is my thinking exactly vp belongs in the history books.

all they need to do is knock down 2 stands (railway & Bycars) and build them smaller and steaper with good view seats

plenty of land already owed by stadium owners just need decent chairman with a business mind and vision.......

we have enough seats in lourne street and hamil to cater for our current attendances including away fans?

dont have to move anywhere while its upgraded?

I'm sure we will save money if we closed one stand maybe 2 (bycars and railway upper) untill we can function financially

Now that is indeed impressive!

Hope you aren't winding us up with your positivity and sense of a future when we are on the verge of disappearing down the plug hole and fans wanting us to be made potentially homeless by our council ;)

Things are indeed looking very hood for you and I understand you have signed Sean Harrad today as well!

:D No wind up at all buddy.

I know Gerard visited the other week so I just thought I would post an update as think he was impressed by what he saw at that time.

Your end is on the right by the way so look forward to seeing you guys next season as it looks like we will both still be in this godforsaken division for another year at least eh ! :(

Archived