onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has Adams lost the respect of players?

jcb3cx

I heard an interview with MA on Radio Stoke this morning where he said something like 'modern day players don't like being critised'.

I suspect he's had a go at the team and players have responded negatively.

Generally speaking he sounded very down in the mouth - I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.

Advert

I heard an interview with MA on Radio Stoke this morning where he said something like 'modern day players don't like being critised'.

Generally speaking he sounded very down in the mouth - I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.

I'd prefer we kept Micky and got rid of every player rather than Micky leaving because I dont think there are any managers within our reach that could get this bunch of players doing what he managed before.

I was surprised he specifically blamed McBoom by name after the Southend game. Not good man management to do this in public, particularly as McB is known to suffer from lack of confidence. Owen and McDonald didn't come out of it covered in glory either. In fact, who did? Personally I think Adams has lost the plot. Although, admittedly, he's working under extremely difficult circumstances. But, on the other hand, cast your mind back to the start of the season when he justified his pre-season signings by saying he didn't want to be reliant on the loan market.

I'd prefer we kept Micky and got rid of every player rather than Micky leaving because I dont think there are any managers within our reach that could get this bunch of players doing what he managed before.

The players in general have absolutely proven that with their abject displays over the last four years aside from a year or so under Micky.

I think ultimately they lack respect for themselves and their profession in general and it's very sad to see.

The players in general have absolutely proven that with their abject displays over the last four years aside from a year or so under Micky.

I think ultimately they lack respect for themselves and their profession in general and it's very sad to see.

I also don't think Micky knows what to do about it. He veers between we're unlucky, we're in it together, I've got faith in this group and it's unacceptable, unprofessional, players have to look at themselves. Don't think the coaching staff help either.

Face it he had enough....interviews are of a man who hasnt got the answers and his hands tied.....i think he was going to have a clear out this month to take us forward but not going to happen!!!

The club stinks.....the players stink, the football poor at best and our manager fair to him hasnt got anything to work with......just keep us up is all we can ask!!!!!

no point moaning we are where we are!!!!

To be honest with you id clear the majority of this squad out in the summer as its been proved over the last 2 or 3 seasons they arnt good enough. They can play well sometimes and go on a bit of a run but when ever there is a big game or we get within site of making the play offs this set of players bottle it and lose and thats part of the reason why we have finished 10th and 11th the past 2 seasons.

To be honest with you id clear the majority of this squad out in the summer as its been proved over the last 2 or 3 seasons they arnt good enough. They can play well sometimes and go on a bit of a run but when ever there is a big game or we get within site of making the play offs this set of players bottle it and lose and thats part of the reason why we have finished 10th and 11th the past 2 seasons.

Agree with every word of that. They are proven failures time and time again. I think it's best to start again with an entirely new squad of players as this lot with a couple of exceptions will never get the job done I'm afraid.

The truth hurts, but the spineless, unprofessional bunch can't take it.

Adams wants rid of most, but he can't facilitate moving them out because of our useless board.

I think all respect was lost when he convinced the majority of them to sign new contracts 18 months and to show loyalty, and then swanned off himself, leaving them to Mad man Gannon.

spot on.

not only did mickey show that ultimately that he is not committed ,when he did come back it was as the last trump card of a detested board . most importantly he came back tarnished by abject failure.

what is there to respect ?

Who signed them?

Well lets see:

Martin - Here from a kid.

Tommo - Adams

Yates - Originally courted by Glover

Collins - Sinnott

McCombe - Sinnott

Owen - Glover

McDonald - Adams

Dodds - Sinnott

Haldane - Adams

Taylor - Sinnott

Griff - Sinnott

Loft - Adams

Morsy - Youth

Richards - Foyle

Pope - Adams and Gannon

Williamson - Adams

Rigg - Adams

Well thats a flavour so, the core of the side is not Adams signings.

Adams has extended contracts but based an excellent second half the 2009/10 season.

Funny how these players performances improve when contracts are due.

Its easy to blame ya manager when things are going well, but sometimes you have to have respect and accountability for ya own performances. All Adams can do is give them a formation and strategy, train them to follow it but once they are on the pitch its down to them. Theyve proved they can do it, when Adams was here before, so theres no excuse for the inconsistency they show now.

I think they all over performed and were riding on a crest for Adams before he left, all we are seeing now is the real standard that they are... this is their real level. So maybe Sinnott, Glover and Gannon werent entirely to blame... for performances... only for signing them in the first place...?

Archived