onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A Genuine Question...

banbell

One question, and I am being genuinely serious, not attempting to stir things up.

As much as I admire your Black and Gold campaign one thing that does mystify me is why when anyone offers an opinion either supporting the current board or raising concerns over Mo's bid, why are they immediately accused of being either a mole of the board or a board member themselves. This applies not only to posts on here but also to letters posted to your local newspaper.

In every situation in life there are differing trains of thought and for all you pro-Mo people do you not least accept that there are people who do not share your views? Surely you are not naïve or stubborn enough to think that everyone shares your views? Do you not accept that people who have Vales interests at heart have concerns over Mo or even support the current regime????

So when other people's views are aired at least have the decency to listen and debate them instead of resorting to wild conspiracy theories about them being this, that and the other, , imo it does your case no good at all.

UP THE VALE =========

Advert

One question, and I am being genuinely serious, not attempting to stir things up.

As much as I admire your Black and Gold campaign one thing that does mystify me is why when anyone offers an opinion either supporting the current board or raising concerns over Mo's bid, why are they immediately accused of being either a mole of the board or a board member themselves. This applies not only to posts on here but also to letters posted to your local newspaper.

In every situation in life there are differing trains of thought and for all you pro-Mo people do you not least accept that there are people who do not share your views? Surely you are not naïve or stubborn enough to think that everyone shares your views? Do you not accept that people who have Vales interests at heart have concerns over Mo or even support the current regime????

So when other people's views are aired at least have the decency to listen and debate them instead of resorting to wild conspiracy theories about them being this, that and the other, , imo it does your case no good at all.

UP THE VALE =========

I have my doubts about the takeover i'm still not 100% in Fav but i am a lot closer to being.If you get the chance aproach Mo/TLB and have a chat with them they are very aproachable and open .Any questions you have put to them rather than vent them on here as the Clique will always shout you down.

I have offered to educate you

And I will meet you and have a chat as agreed Tone, hopefully this coming Tuesday, but it's the point about conspiracy theories. Its not so much on here tbh but the letter in your local rag seemed genuine and put across in a well structured manner. I' pretty sure Bill Bratt or any other board member has got more to do than pen spook letters to a local paper every couple of weeks.

Any questions you have put to them rather than vent them on here as the Clique will always shout you down.

I may well do that mate.

I have my doubts about that Legal Begal character on here, I'd prefer to ask Mo in person. Does he attend the post-match protests at every home game?

And I will meet you and have a chat as agreed Tone, hopefully this coming Tuesday, but it's the point about conspiracy theories. Its not so much on here tbh but the letter in your local rag seemed genuine and put across in a well structured manner. I' pretty sure Bill Bratt or any other board member has got more to do than pen spook letters to a local paper every couple of weeks.

the letter from an "impartial observer" ? if this is the one the pratt was not impartial

this could all be very easily solved. the board resign en-masse today, the owners get to choose a new board, its all very simple and does not involve mo at all

Banbell

I am not part of the B & G campaign but clearly understand why those who support it are doing it. I am willing to read any Board supporters views as to why they think this Board is doing a good job. I have yet to read one one reason why they think the Board are doing a good job and should stay. Please give your views as to why they are doing a good job if you believe they are. The same goes to any other Board supporter in out there in OVF land because I do want to know why you really think they are good for the club. I set out below a post I made on another thread as to why I don't support them and please come back to me on these if you think my reasoning is wrong.

Let's look back at Port Vale Football Club since 2003-04 the period Valiants 2001 (and our current Board) took over after the club went into Administration.

Performance - At the time the Board of Valiants 2001 took over, Port Vale were in today's equivalent of League 1. Since then they have dropped to League 2.

Finances - The club have made major losses in their accounts for most of the years since 2003-04. The club has had to obtain a loan from the City Council to the tune of £2m which they are only just starting to pay back and therefore this is not included in these financial losses. Part of this money was to complete the Lorne Street Stand something that has still not happened (which I personally find embarrassing). Brian Horton resigned as Port Vale manager because he was unwilling to accept the financial cutbacks the board imposed on him. The other managers have all for one reason or another had financial impositions put on them. I can count on one hand the times Port Vale have bought a player to include a transfer fee since 2003-04 and yet good money has come into the club from transfer sales. We have had the embarrassment of paying off sacked managers over long periods of time because we cannot afford to pay them off in one payment or short periods.

Some of the Port Vale Board of Directors have put money into the club which while that is appreciated, is I am afraid only to be expected by Boards of Directors. Our Board have made statements regarding possible investment in Port Vale by several different parties. This without doubt is imperative if Port Vale are to move forward and be successful in the future. So, just where are we at the present time with these possible investments:-

Harlequin – Have apparently given Port Vale a loan for £100k+ and have been rumoured to be willing to put up to £500k investment into the club. That was March 2009. To date, despite different comments by our Chairman that things have moved forward, where are we? No one knows.

Mike Newton- Prepared to offer up to £500k. Apparently dismissed by the Board for various reasons with the main because Newton wanted control of the club for a small overall investment

American Consortium – They pulled out of a possible £1m+ investment because the Board failed to provide information which led a representative to say the Board of Directors don’t want to sell the club.

Others – Other offers have been mentioned by our chairman with no other details or firm proposals outlined over a number of years.

So as a fan of Port Vale, all of the above is what I currently find the position to be. The Board of Directors in my club have reigned on a period of decline on & off the pitch and have failed to obtain the essential investment needed to take the club forward either by themselves and/or with others.

However on the horizon is Mo Chaudry. Owner of a multi-million pound successful business in Stoke-on-Trent who is willing to invest in Port Vale. Ok I don’t know the full facts of what he intends to do with the club but overall, what he is proposing is a way forward for Port Vale Football Club that for fans and supporters like me is just not there at the moment and is unlikely to come forward from any other source now or in the immediate future. Therefore wouldn’t you think that this is an opportunity that really is worth a serious look at and quickly by the Board of Directors because the consequences of once again failing to get the investment we so urgently need is unthinkable for our long term future.

As I said, I am just a fan and supporter of the club and like many others want the best we can achieve with what is available. Mo Chaudry at the moment in mine and many others opinion, is our best option and yes possibly to some because he is our only realistic option but at least he is willing to do something to put our past financial problems aside. Yes it is a risk but then again so is everyday life that everyone lives.

Our Board of Directors since 2004 have done their best (probably) but let’s be honest have not from our record made it a success IMO. If the Board of Directors supporters on OVF want to counter argue the case with evidence to back up the success of our current Board and how they can take us forward financially in the future, then please post on OVF so I and others supporting a change of direction can compare this. Otherwise please don’t expect people like me to read or listen to you bemoaning Mo Chaudry and his supporters about their offer to buy Port Vale Football Club because I am fed up with the past and believe my dream of success and a bright future will start under a new owner with a new direction.

Put simply it is not about opinions anymore it is about facts.....

1)ground valued at 3.5 million

2)Debts 3.5 million

3)Lost over 1 million in last 3 years.

4)Relegated and in the fourth division.

5)9 managers/management teams in just over 3 years.

6)Lies and more lies and more lies

7)It is a fans owned club and of the shareholders that own the club the V2001 Board are minority shareholders with 28% who act as if they own the club.

8)Bratt has 40k invested and has taken out £250,000 as an incompetent CEO

9)It is up to the majority of Shareholders not the minority shareholding V2001 Board whether to accept the Mo Chaudry investment which is 5 million.

10)An EGM is being called by the shareholders and the whole matter is now out of the V2001 Board of Directors hands and they will all be voted off.

Those are the facts and this is what is going to happen whatever the V2001 Board of Directors try and do because nobody except yourself believe their lies anymore and at the EGM 51% is needed to get them out and at the recent shareholders poll by NLV from those who voted it was a massive 82% vote of no confidence.....they are on borrowed time and finished.

UP THE VALE =========

You come on here, you comment on issues you know nothing about. You dismiss valid arguments with counters that are not factually correct. We are passionate about our club, we don't want to see it go under, do you really wonder why your pathetic wind ups and eroneous comments on the situation wind people up? We've had enough of the present board. We've had enough of people on here and in the local press trying to discredit potential investment with nothing but conjecture and hearsay, we've had enough of being treated like dirt and not listened to by the people running our club, even though we are meant to be a fan run club "for us all".

Stoke fans come on here and enter into constructive debate, so have Brighton, Accrington and Macclesfield fans. They do not get abused/shot down/spoken down too/accused of being stooges etc, because they do not try and belittle the situation we are in and try and argue against us when they do not know the history. If you want to enter into reasoned debate fair enough. Do so, with the correct information and factual evidence to support your point. You sir, do not.

I may well do that mate.

I have my doubts about that Legal Begal character on here, I'd prefer to ask Mo in person. Does he attend the post-match protests at every home game?

It's all about personal opinions and not being rail roaded into the majority's beliefs.I can only speak as i have seen and found them BOTH to be knowledgable and open.

Archived