onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Roberts Sacked? 30.12.11 - Contract has now been terminated

Robbie Earle's Perm

I have no sympathy whatsoever for Roberts. He's not an alcoholic, he's an idiot who likes to drink too much and get totally drunk.

There is a difference.

Vale fans post that he doesn't care about our club - Why should he when he doesn't care about his child. He's continually in the pub or getting sacked by his employer - some father!!!!

Mansfield can have the fool and history will repeat itself and they'll get rid of him. Roberts will drop further down the leagues, even then he wont care as long as some club pay him a wage and he has enough money to get hammered and waste a career.

You only have to look at the shell of the man Gascoigne has become to realise that booze comes before family, a career and everything that matters. When i read Roberts interview with Gareth Owen and he said he drank and gambled because he was "bored"..... absolute rubbish, any parent will tell you that life is far from boring with a child in your life................. or is Roberts wrecking his life as a father as well as his career as a footballer?

Advert

Roberts is set to sign an 18 month contract with Mansfield! This would seem to go along with Micky's comments then?

http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/mansfield-town-fc/mansfield_town_sign_ex_port_vale_midfielder_roberts_1_4104283

18 month contract :laugh: the guy won't see the rest of the season out, excellent players that the vale have had over the years and some been run out of vp at times, and some people think this guy is a god, this first class twonk should never have been signed in the first place, best midfielder outside of the championship, don't make me laugh, the only thing this idiot did not get whilst here, was a seat on the board, and i'm quite sure if it had carried on Mr Lloyd would have arranged it

18 month contract :laugh: the guy won't see the rest of the season out, excellent players that the vale have had over the years and some been run out of vp at times, and some people think this guy is a god, this first class twonk should never have been signed in the first place, best midfielder outside of the championship, don't make me laugh, the only thing this idiot did not get whilst here, was a seat on the board, and i'm quite sure if it had carried on Mr Lloyd would have arranged it

Quite right. A sad situation, but we are best rid. He has brought nothing to the Vale this season and for most of last either.

Yeah - still in denial though - "whenever I am Jack the Lad, it's always me caught in the middle of it"? Caught in the middle of what? Basically, turned up drunk for training not once but twice, and got the sack. Or is is he implying that othersw doing what he does don't get caught?

Anyway, one less passenger - and some money generated for January's wheeling and dealing?

Archived