onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Special request for Saturday

boslemportvale91

Wasn't sure if I needed permission to post this so apologies to the mods and feel free to delete if need to .

My father recently passed away after a long term battle with illness.

He was the biggest vale fan I ever met and even threw the dark times we always went up. Threw thick and thin in life we always had the vale to go as a comfort and to take our minds of the situation.

I don't live in the area anymore but have been persuaded to go the game on Saturday , which in itself is a daunting task as I rarely went the vale without my father and quite simply won't be the same however many of his friends and family (including stoke fans)will be there with me and I'm sure he will be there in spirit. I was seeing if possible if we all could remember the great man and give him an applaud during the 63rd minute for his age before he passed mainly to show how much the vale meant to him.

Apologies for the long essay and let's hope we don't get a drilling on Saturday .

Advert

Wasn't sure if I needed permission to post this so apologies to the mods and feel free to delete if need to .

He was the biggest vale fan I ever met and even threw the dark times we always went up. Threw thick and thin in life we always had the vale to go as a comfort and to take our minds of the situation.

I don't live in the area anymore but have been persuaded to go the game on Saturday , which in itself is a daunting task as I rarely went the vale without my father and quite simply won't be the same however many of his friends and family (including stoke fans)will be there with me and I'm sure he will be there in spirit. I was seeing if possible if we all could remember the great man and give him an applaud during the 63rd minute for his age before he passed mainly to show how much the vale meant to him.

Apologies for the long essay and let's hope we don't get a drilling on Saturday .

Sorry to hear of your dad's passing fellow Valiant. Hope someone on here can see your post at Vale and arrange for the message to be displayed on the screen at Hamil End. Condolences to the family and friends mate.

Hi Boslemportvale91

Firstly no need to apologise at all for posting.

I'm really sorry to hear the news but I hope that by celebrating your dad it will help you remember the good times. I think it's a lovely and fitting gesture.

I am like you and I always associate going to Vale with going with my dad although sadly now his ill health is making it near impossible for him to attend.

I want to help with this so if it is OK with you I'm going to alert the club's media team.

Can you please do me a favour? Would you be happy to email me ([email protected]) with some contact details (e.g. mobile number) in case the club want to contact you.

I'm sure that they will put something up on the scoreboard / announce on the PA but may just want to check with you first before doing so.

Fire me over an email if you get this and I will do all I can to let the club know. I will also mention it on my blog posts / Twitter to try and get the message out there too.

Cheers,

Rob

Archived