onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chairman's Statement

PVFC1

MINORITY ONE ......:ohmy: ...... in my mind I am the only one who counts :razz: ... anyway there is 900 shareholders ,how do you know they are not happy with the timing , have you spoke to them ..

You know I'm referring to the night :razz::razz::razz:

How do you know I haven't :rolleyes:

Advert

Those are fair questions but ones which are unlikely to be answered publicly.

Has any shareholder yet exercised their privilege to see the share register?

Tone

The problem is they even try to get out of their statutory commitments. When I wrote to them in August specifically asking for a copy of the register that included the share figures. They took my money under false a pretext. Thankfully my credit card company agreed and refunded my money.

Hence one of the reasons why I find it difficult to trust them. They have a long way to go build any trust and this continual prevarication does them no favours.

Christ Caroline what does the bloke have to do to get your respect lets give the guy a chance he.s only been here 5 minutes!!!!!!!

He has to stop using fans to back up his spin (for a start). Do you really think you were the only one who informed staff at the club of their fears? You are more than aware of what this guy is capable of, yet you think he deserves a chance.

We gave Pratt and his crew a chance................

Just because we're not paranoid doesn't means the *******s are out to get us - *** give me a break - you wanted a statement you got a ****** statement!!!

Sadly not; the SC wanted answers to questions and the directors to face the fans but they have refused.

Is it a statement or is BS :ohmy:

A couple of items in the AGM section: "quiet approval from some fans" which means a couple of nods from OAPs (I am one) to the question "Morning suit you better". and to anyone "Busy time Xmas, Feb quieter?" Destroys the credence of the statement in my mind. Surely they know every statement is scrutinised like a Maastricht treaty.

Come on guys, we can't tarnish all Vale board members with the same brush. We have all become very cynical, and we know why, but at least we are being kept in the loop. Lets at least give this guy a chance !!!

Unfortunately O&P unless we keep the pressure we will hear nothing. The statement tonight is more of the same old same old BS; for me it raises more questions than answers. Why have they chosen not to meet fans and answer Q's? What are they hiding?

I find it very difficult to understand why anyone would want to give them a chance? They have been given the opportunity to honest, open and transparent and have decided not too. Until they do so and answer the hard questions then there should be NO second chance IMO

Seems a decent statement to me. lets see what they deliver by the time the of the AGM.

Why is everyone moaning about the timing of the AGM? The company i work for - their last AGM started at 10am on a Thursday. The company my wife works for was at 10:30 on a wednesday.

If you want to go - book time off work. You've got plenty of notice - or am i missing the point?

First its blamed on Thanksgiving for the slowing down of resolving the issues, and then, guess what?? It's Christmas!! And the festive season takes the blame again in a world that's dominated by global technology.

There is no excuse for not sorting this out.

Isnt the date in Feb close to Valentines day, oops more ammunition.

Talks cheap its your actions that you get judged on. Now what are when and what are we spending the £8million on.?

This is an excellent statement pitched at the right level. Fans do not have the right to know the intimate business of the club and escpecially with the need for commercial confidentiality during negotiations. But they are more than just customers. This statement has tackled the concerns I have held and is consistent with what I am observing as an outsider. He shows remarkable tolerance with some fans whose whole way of life seems to be to criticise, abuse and worse.

Same old pseudo intellectual rubbish from you. Many of these 'fans' you refer to are shareholders too. Do they have rights, o wise one?

This statement says nothing, yet you agree with it. I am so shocked. He could have said "Perry and I will kill all posters called Warren" and you would have agreed with him.

Am I the only one concerned it just said we won't be paying any compo out, and does not say that the case will also not be going to court? I am worrying over nothing?

I agree percentage increases are useless without the figure to put them into context. Especially when we have done long term deals this year, which might mean reductions in income next year. Please lets have 'last year we made £x, this year we made £y. This does/doesn't include the selling off of services on long term contracts.' If we want to be open about things and want fans to believe we are moving forwards off the pitch, this is the sort of thing that is needed.

Don't for a second believe negotiations are on going with BSI 'to get us the best deal possible.' Last week it was contractual issues. I thought we had this all sorted and ready to sign months ago, so why Thanksgiving is now getting the blame, god knows.

But we wanted a statement, we got one. Yes, it contains a bit of spin, but you would expect that from any company. No one would ever come out and say things like 'the contract us delayed as the other party are getting cold feet.' So I am willing to let some of the spin slide. We have to draw the line at some point and give them some time. I would however like several representatives from the SC to attend meetings with the board. No offence to anyone, but we saw what kind of accusations can fly when we send just one person in. Having 2 or 3 would be much better IMO.

So overall, not a bad statement, not a brilliant one either. But one that buys a little (and only a little) more time from me. It is up to the board to get everything sorted now before Christmas, with serious steps being taken in the new year regarding new facilities and new players coming in. If that doesn't happen then I will reassess the situation then.

Am I the only one concerned it just said we won't be paying any compo out, and does not say that the case will also not be going to court? I am worrying over nothing?

I agree percentage increases are useless without the figure to put them into context. Especially when we have done long term deals this year, which might mean reductions in income next year. Please lets have 'last year we made £x, this year we made £y. This does/doesn't include the selling off of services on long term contracts.' If we want to be open about things and want fans to believe we are moving forwards off the pitch, this is the sort of thing that is needed.

Don't for a second believe negotiations are on going with BSI 'to get us the best deal possible.' Last week it was contractual issues. I thought we had this all sorted and ready to sign months ago, so why Thanksgiving is now getting the blame, god knows.

But we wanted a statement, we got one. Yes, it contains a bit of spin, but you would expect that from any company. No one would ever come out and say things like 'the contract us delayed as the other party are getting cold feet.' So I am willing to let some of the spin slide. We have to draw the line at some point and give them some time. I would however like several representatives from the SC to attend meetings with the board. No offence to anyone, but we saw what kind of accusations can fly when we send just one person in. Having 2 or 3 would be much better IMO.

So overall, not a bad statement, not a brilliant one either. But one that buys a little (and only a little) more time from me. It is up to the board to get everything sorted now before Christmas, with serious steps being taken in the new year regarding new facilities and new players coming in. If that doesn't happen then I will reassess the situation then.

Fair comments, but they deserve no more chances. They came in with big talk and they should have delivered by now. End of the road for me with this bunch.

Archived