onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope 60 goals in 185 games for vale

alwaysvaleme

It's what he does at Port Vale that I care about. I think you will find that where his goals to games ratio is low was when some goon of a manager shoved him out onto the left wing. How these people ever get a managerial job is beyond me.

Tom should only be played as the conventional centre forward or brought on as an impact player.

Everyone know what I think of Tom and I think it an absolute disgrace when he is picked out for the most flak when the team is playing poorly. All I know is that I wish all of our players gave the same effort every game like Popey does. Yes he isn't always on top of his game but who is even 'Arry Kane has his off days. Now before any clever dick point out that Tom isn't as good as Kane, I say yes I know but his passion for the Valiants is as strong as Kane's for the Spurs.

If it was any other player he would have been transfer listed or replaced by now. Kicked into the reserves at best. Pope came here on the basis of his name being made a few seasons ago. There has been players like Williamson who gave his 100 per cent and weighed in with the odd goals but there was no support for him then from you and others...so why Pope? What makes him so different

Advert

If it was any other player he would have been transfer listed or replaced by now. Kicked into the reserves at best. Pope came here on the basis of his name being made a few seasons ago. There has been players like Williamson who gave his 100 per cent and weighed in with the odd goals but there was no support for him then from you and others...so why Pope? What makes him so different

I wouldn't have signed him but being as he is here in the current squad who is better , bearing in mind he defends as well as attacks- Pyke cant cut it and isn't ready yet, turner cant last 65mins,barnett has the treatment table stuck to his backside-

Turner set him up superbly first half yesterday....

He's had chances this season, just not taken them.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

how many chances has he had, bearing in mind we are a 4th div team- you cant just say his return is no good and not up to it when he plays for the team and get nowt back- why aren't the defence getting flack as if we had more clean sheets we would be further up the league - works both ways but hey lets just blame pope- I will predict he will miss chances as all strikers do and I bet you cant wait for that to happen so you can stick the knife in-

you are a strange one, whats his ratio goals to chances and what do you expect it to be?

we have a young good lad in turner that cant yet last 90mins , pyke who only scored in pre-season when we played mainly non league with a team each half, or Barnett who doesn't seem to be anything other than injured- the alternative to pope is what???

The reason turner dosent last 90 is because he does so much running. Regardless he's scored 3 and is our top scorer.....

As for Pope I've had enough of people saying he's had 0 chances, because he has. He hasn't had loads and service has been poor but he has had chances and has missed them.

It's a fact he's been know where near his best this season, that's not a debate, ask him yourself and I don't imagine he's Happy with 1 in 10. Regardless of what spin you put on it 1 in 10 ain't good enough no matter what.

He's not been great so far, neither has the rest of the team, but he scored yesterday and reports say he played well, hopefully he can kick on and get to 15 ish goals.

Having him and turner up top will help, hopefully they can form a good partnership and fire us up the table.

how many chances has he had, bearing in mind we are a 4th div team- you cant just say his return is no good and not up to it when he plays for the team and get nowt back- why aren't the defence getting flack as if we had more clean sheets we would be further up the league - works both ways but hey lets just blame pope- I will predict he will miss chances as all strikers do and I bet you cant wait for that to happen so you can stick the knife in-

See that isn't fair. People make out Pope is hard done by but look at the amount of stick the likes of Kay, Wilson and Davis have got this year. Your right the defence has been poor, however they have got much more stick than Pope. It's not sticking the knife in its simply watching the games.

The reason turner dosent last 90 is because he does so much running. Regardless he's scored 3 and is our top scorer.....

As for Pope I've had enough of people saying he's had 0 chances, because he has. He hasn't had loads and service has been poor but he has had chances and has missed them.

It's a fact he's been know where near his best this season, that's not a debate, ask him yourself and I don't imagine he's Happy with 1 in 10. Regardless of what spin you put on it 1 in 10 ain't good enough no matter what.

He's not been great so far, neither has the rest of the team, but he scored yesterday and reports say he played well, hopefully he can kick on and get to 15 ish goals.

Having him and turner up top will help, hopefully they can form a good partnership and fire us up the table.

hopefully your right a settled team sheet will help all, but will add one thing when pope has been played up to on his own and run himself into the ground he gets slated- just think some posters should apply the same rules to other players as it was the same with dodds- think our midfield and defence has been worse than pope and open for more criticism yet get none to this continued level

I wouldn't have signed him but being as he is here in the current squad who is better , bearing in mind he defends as well as attacks- Pyke cant cut it and isn't ready yet, turner cant last 65mins,barnett has the treatment table stuck to his backside-

... surely that's a bit unfair to Barnett. It can only be one half of the treatment table that is stuck up his backside , as the other half is permanently attached to Forester's a**e end!!!

What a truly odd and quite disturbing turn of phrase. Who wants Vale players to fail, it's just some of us aren't weirdly infatuated with him or in your case don't just defend him because he's a Vale fan.

He will get the same amount of praise and criticism others will that their performances justify.

I don't care that he's a Vale fan, it means absolutely nothing to me. I just want the players to be successful and contribute for my club.

What a truly odd and quite disturbing turn of phrase. Who wants Vale players to fail, it's just some of us aren't weirdly infatuated with him or in your case don't just defend him because he's a Vale fan.

He will get the same amount of praise and criticism others will that their performances justify.

I don't care that he's a Vale fan, it means absolutely nothing to me. I just want the players to be successful and contribute for my club.

Where did I say it was because he is a vale fan? see you have a belief and try to make things fit it- nothing do with him being a vale fan plus more a case of you being infatuated as you cant stop having a go at the player!

His performances are better than most , you need to try to watch the players during a game not just the ball it might help stop being single track minded

Where did I say it was because he is a vale fan? see you have a belief and try to make things fit it- nothing do with him being a vale fan plus more a case of you being infatuated as you cant stop having a go at the player!

His performances are better than most , you need to try to watch the players during a game not just the ball it might help stop being single track minded

I watched him quite intently last week as the bloke who sat behind me in the Railway consistently screamed at him to get off the ground, he couldn't jump. In actual fact the first time he did was the 61st minute as matey made it quite clear.

If you really think he's been one of our better players this season I'm genuinely concerned. Yes we have been dreadful but so too has he Crewe second half aside. He's quite clearly unfit and constantly moaning at everyone because things don't drop perfectly for him.

It's not people that critique him that keep starting these threads, it's those that love him because he's a Vale fan.

Hopefully yesterday he turned the corner.

Very poor return really in ratio of goals and games. He has scored one goal in the nine games we played so far and he was on the team sheet every game which does not fair very well. A good striker should be scoring at least five goals in this number of games and to include games from his past matches in comparison does not have any bearing cause he was a different player then. He as lost the ability and sharpness in front of goal that he had when he was scoring goals then when he was a good player. We still need to sign a striker who has more energy and purpose than pope because he is not going to score the amount we need to stay in this league and as they say ;every dog has his day; and I am afraid pope has had his lot.

I watched him quite intently last week as the bloke who sat behind me in the Railway consistently screamed at him to get off the ground, he couldn't jump. In actual fact the first time he did was the 61st minute as matey made it quite clear.

If you really think he's been one of our better players this season I'm genuinely concerned. Yes we have been dreadful but so too has he Crewe second half aside. He's quite clearly unfit and constantly moaning at everyone because things don't drop perfectly for him.

It's not people that critique him that keep starting these threads, it's those that love him because he's a Vale fan.

Hopefully yesterday he turned the corner.

Strange hes unfit yet last longer than the younger ones in the team and still running in most games ive seen up to last minutes, he has knocked many balls then chased himself again people see what they want to see - he certainly aint the worst player or forward we have (more use than Barnett,forrester and pyke).

Very poor return really in ratio of goals and games. He has scored one goal in the nine games we played so far and he was on the team sheet every game which does not fair very well. A good striker should be scoring at least five goals in this number of games and to include games from his past matches in comparison does not have any bearing cause he was a different player then. He as lost the ability and sharpness in front of goal that he had when he was scoring goals then when he was a good player. We still need to sign a striker who has more energy and purpose than pope because he is not going to score the amount we need to stay in this league and as they say ;every dog has his day; and I am afraid pope has had his lot.

Certainly not up to the levels of yesteryear I agree but neither is the team and certainly not the main factor in us being marooned bottom of 4th div-

Strange hes unfit yet last longer than the younger ones in the team and still running in most games ive seen up to last minutes, he has knocked many balls then chased himself again people see what they want to see - he certainly aint the worst player or forward we have (more use than Barnett,forrester and pyke).

Nobody is saying he's the worst player we have, simply that we expect much, much more from him as a top earner and goal scorer.

Turner doesn't last as he does two lots of running, his and Pope's oh and the fact I don't believe our training regime is any good which goes for the majority of the players since last December.

Archived