onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Radicals vs The Rest

Stone Valiant

I find it slightly surreal that quite a number of the former anti board brigade are now using all the same phrases directed towards this who choose still not to go that were aimed at them during there absence!

Very short memories, and still not realising that it's not About port vale fan vs port vale fan, it's about every port vale fan doing what they think is right and proper.

I fully understand the need to go up and get the new ticket, I was close myself, but should I be berated, especially by those who have only just rejoined the Frey, for still not being willing to pay for promises from proven liars?

Benny, my experience has been the other way around, in that as a member of the pro-change movement, I noe recognise that change has happened and so I am returniong to Vale Park pending a review in 12 months time, and wish to give this current board the space, time and peace to either make a success of it, or to hang themselves with it. But for that, I have been receiving abuse!

Advert

that's the crux of the matter ant nobody does hence rudderless ship

i feel the new guys will soon be in a position where they can together claim to own the club in private whilst publically proclaiming keeping to the clubs rules

i really hope the hank bloke or this miller can grab the club by the scruff of the neck and drag it forward

but as time passes it's looking more than likely it's just another old boys school

My hopes to OTB, but I don't think the current board has yet really felt the full effects of it's new members! They still have to get their feet under the table, remember that they have not been voted onto the board yet!

I agree basically with the OP. There are a couple of things though. There is no such thing as fan unity. Someone somewhere will be unhappy. There are probably supporters around who are unhappy Mr Bratt has gone (I know one). So it's all relative. The views of posters on here don't reflect the views of the membership. Look at the Deakin poll, the majority who voted were in favour the vocal majority who posted (me included) were against. I was surprised, but just accept it as the democratic decision. Finally, moaning can become a profession. A couple of the "radicals" say they have no interest in the Vale anymore. Last season we had more than a few saying they hoped Vale lost so it would force change. I caught myself getting into the same mindset, when I didn't get my way over Deakin. But if you're not supporting the Vale, what's the point in being a Vale fan? Might as well just jog on. So I cured myself, Deakin or not.

I agree basically with the OP. There are a couple of things though. There is no such thing as fan unity. Someone somewhere will be unhappy. There are probably supporters around who are unhappy Mr Bratt has gone (I know one). So it's all relative. The views of posters on here don't reflect the views of the membership. Look at the Deakin poll, the majority who voted were in favour the vocal majority who posted (me included) were against. I was surprised, but just accept it as the democratic decision. Finally, moaning can become a profession. A couple of the "radicals" say they have no interest in the Vale anymore. Last season we had more than a few saying they hoped Vale lost so it would force change. I caught myself getting into the same mindset, when I didn't get my way over Deakin. But if you're not supporting the Vale, what's the point in being a Vale fan? Might as well just jog on. So I cured myself, Deakin or not.

Spot on about how you can end up feeling if you let it get to you - earlier in the season I was actively hoping they'd lose so that change would be forced on them by fan displeasure about results as well as politics....went to see a game and didn't cheer when we scored ( I didn't pay) and my lad commented that I wasn't acting like a Vale fan......he was right......so come Friday, it's the full-on fan, and I hope we whip their asses..........

I understand being sceptical, and exercising choice not to go, but I think some people have given up - and it's their choice, sad, but their choice.....just I don't think the arguments they have are the same ones as they had to begin with.

It comes to something when wanting fair and honest members to populate the boardroom is considered radical.

I wouldn't trust Lloyd, Deakin or Oliver in any circumstance surrounding our club. I find it rather ironic that a supposedly fan-owned club allows the shareholders less of a say than a normally financed club.

It comes to something when wanting fair and honest members to populate the boardroom is considered radical.

I wouldn't trust Lloyd, Deakin or Oliver in any circumstance surrounding our club. I find it rather ironic that a supposedly fan-owned club allows the shareholders less of a say than a normally financed club.

We have never really been a fan-owned club......that was the big lie that Oliver and Bratt told to get people to buy shares while selling a controlling stake to Grindco...... so it's totally in keeping with the truth behind the facade.....and shareholders don't have to be fans, and vice versa......so the two concepts don't fit together.

I think it's sad that you put Lloyd and Deakin there with Oliver on the lack of trust side .....but you are entitled to your views....but I'm not sure whether you will be coming to support the team at VP. Will you? just asking, not trying to wind you up.

I think we need to learn to trust them, personally, if only because what went before was worse, and we need to give them the chance to get it right, rather than assume they are wrong to start with.

"Fair and Honest" is something to aspire to, but they are both seriously loaded concepts in the situation we find ourselves in. I'm not sure they are, but I'm not convinced they are not.....nor am I convinced that any of the alternatives were any more "fair" or any more "honest" than the ones we have now.......

Archived