onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Radicals vs The Rest

Stone Valiant

Why renewing your ST means anything, I'm not sure.

Of course it means something. It shows how I believed so passionately in removing V2001 that I decided to sacrifice a Season Ticket (had one for constantly for the 20-odd years previously). It also shows how I am not just another 'we are where we are fan' and that I believed we could force change. That change has been achieved though. And people should now follow the lead of some of the prominent former anti-board posters (Jacko51, Stone Valiant) and give the new owners at least 12 months to impress.

Thats got to be the most **** about faced post I've ever read, "I was a radical, but now I love perry, so I hate the radicals"

I wasn't a radical and make no claims that I was. I didn't protest before or after matches and only went on the one march. My protest was by not renewing my ST. For me and many others victory has been secured even if it is in a manner that might be different than we initially expected. Time to move on and get behind the team and new regime. Enjoy sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon posting on here being bitter when really the only place you want to be is at Vale Park.

Advert

And people should now follow the lead of some of the prominent former anti-board posters (Jacko51, Stone Valiant) and give the new owners at least 12 months to impress.

My timescale is about 12 weeks and I don't think that Jean will be too impressed at being called a former anything :laugh:

Of course it means something. It shows how I believed so passionately in removing V2001 that I decided to sacrifice a Season Ticket (had one for constantly for the 20-odd years previously). It also shows how I am not just another 'we are where we are fan' and that I believed we could force change. That change has been achieved though. And people should now follow the lead of some of the prominent former anti-board posters (Jacko51, Stone Valiant) and give the new owners at least 12 months to impress.

I wasn't a radical and make no claims that I was. I didn't protest before or after matches and only went on the one march. My protest was by not renewing my ST. For me and many others victory has been secured even if it is in a manner that might be different than we initially expected. Time to move on and get behind the team and new regime. Enjoy sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon posting on here being bitter when really the only place you want to be is at Vale Park.

No one is stopping them from having the 12 months... season ticket or no season ticket

To quote from my earlier mail

So hopefully this shows that your first sentence again shows that my post(s) have beenn misread/misinterpreted!

The 3 rd paragraph only goes to prove what I have been saying. It's an opinion, how can it be wide of the mark except being wide of your own opinion! Just because they differ, does not mean they are wrong!

And were you not one of them who criticised me for knowing something about the BSI deal but not saying, i.e. Dimensions! Something which has since come to light from another source and, it seems, resulted in exactly what I said would happen, has potentially scuppered that part of the deal!I

Thank you for proving my point!

Sv, firstly I don't believe I actually commented on you knowing stuff about BSI, if I did then fair dos but I don't think I did.

Secondly re my 3rd paragraph, I wasn't talking about others opinions I was referring to their comments that were made on a certain subject as if they were the facts when they clearly weren't (if you knew the facts). So it matters not if they agreed with me or not, they were factually incorrect. That isn't the same as my opinion that rhubarb should be eaten with custard whilst geo thinks it should be dipped in salt, neither is right or wrong but personal taste and opinion.

So what I feared would happen, has happened!

I read the threads with despair! :(

Because of the pointless childish bickering of two individuals, people are drawing up battle lines and the conflict and division in the fanbase starts again. Old wounds are re-opened, but new lines have been drawn. The 2 sides are clear:

The radicals (Those that are still wanting MS on the board and want PD and ML out)

vs

The rest! (These are not people that necessarily support PD. These are not necessarily people that support ML. These are not necessarily people who do not like or believe in MS)

Myself, I'm ambivalent to PD & ML, and in fact PD has gone further down in my estimations! However, because I have not joined the bloodlust party calling for war, condemnation of BSI and the heads of the new board, plus immediate placement of MS on the board, I'm "on their side".

Already inferences have been made towards myself that I have supported PD, which is far from the truth, and it's not just myself, I see the same happening with others such as MagicFlask, GreboVale and Twitters. None of these have come out and supported, endorsed or even defended PD for his statements. In fact, like me, they have condemned them. But it seems this is not enough!

Because we do not see 100% eye-to-eye with this other group on their more extreme stance, we are the enemy, we are "the rest".

I fear for the road that is being taken here, I fear for the fanbase of our club, I fear for the future of our club!

The moment that calm is asked for and it appears peace my be achieved, at least in the form of a 12-16 month truce, sabres are rattled on shields!

Saddest of all, I find myself questioning my passion for any further involvement in this whole sorry and sordid mess! :(

Let me turn this on its head. If ML/PD/MS or any one else connected to the boardroom politics at PVFC gets concerned by posts/threads on OVF then PV really are in trouble. OVF is populated by failed or at best amateur politicians, would be captains of industry, people with to much time on their hands and some who delight in moaning and groaning about everything PV good or bad and delight in rubbishing and name calling anyone who works for/is associated with the club.

OVF is not a barometer for the opinion of all Vale fans.

I come on OVF to connect with other Vale fans and to find out whats going on at the club from a different angle and for the humour now and again.

The drop in attendances is concerning but the average gates in the 70's were 2000-2500 and I've no doubt the club will introduce incentives to keep attendance from going as low. I am surprised by comments such as "I'm not going if he's still a director etc", its like I'm not playing if he's playing as a kid, to these people I would say go and support your team, forget the boardroom politics, it's not your battle.

SV if you do one thing.....change that avatar.

Enjoy sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon posting on here being bitter when really the only place you want to be is at Vale Park.

Nothing will ever change for me. The only place I have ever been on a Saturday afternoon , and ever wiil be (unless I get thrown in jail) is where I want to be. Not where someone tells me I should be.

Sv, firstly I don't believe I actually commented on you knowing stuff about BSI, if I did then fair dos but I don't think I did.

Secondly re my 3rd paragraph, I wasn't talking about others opinions I was referring to their comments that were made on a certain subject as if they were the facts when they clearly weren't (if you knew the facts). So it matters not if they agreed with me or not, they were factually incorrect. That isn't the same as my opinion that rhubarb should be eaten with custard whilst geo thinks it should be dipped in salt, neither is right or wrong but personal taste and opinion.

...and it's posts like that that cause my state of mind to worsen... :blink::wacko::razz:

OVF is not a barometer for the opinion of all Vale fans.

Id debate that it actually is.

Towards the end of last season it was clear by the posts on here that the vast majority wanted change, the subsequent march etc supported this.

Its now clear to me that the majority of posts on here are in favour of letting the board get on with it, whilst not fully supporting them or even believing them.

I enjoy OVF, if you read through some of the WUM's and see beyond them then Id say OVF is very representative of Vale fans

Id debate that it actually is.

Towards the end of last season it was clear by the posts on here that the vast majority wanted change, the subsequent march etc supported this.

Its now clear to me that the majority of posts on here are in favour of letting the board get on with it, whilst not fully supporting them or even believing them.

I enjoy OVF, if you read through some of the WUM's and see beyond them then Id say OVF is very representative of Vale fans

Are we still morons?

Just announced

The Football Association has been given an "absolute deadline" to bring in rules tackling debt levels at clubs or face government action.

MPs have already demanded sweeping changes to the way football is run.

A deadline of 29 February has been imposed for the FA to bring in a new licensing system for clubs.

I wonder what plans are in place to tackle our massive debt.

Archived