onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Radicals vs The Rest

Stone Valiant

So what I feared would happen, has happened!

I read the threads with despair! :(

Because of the pointless childish bickering of two individuals, people are drawing up battle lines and the conflict and division in the fanbase starts again. Old wounds are re-opened, but new lines have been drawn. The 2 sides are clear:

The radicals (Those that are still wanting MS on the board and want PD and ML out)

vs

The rest! (These are not people that necessarily support PD. These are not necessarily people that support ML. These are not necessarily people who do not like or believe in MS)

Myself, I'm ambivalent to PD & ML, and in fact PD has gone further down in my estimations! However, because I have not joined the bloodlust party calling for war, condemnation of BSI and the heads of the new board, plus immediate placement of MS on the board, I'm "on their side".

Already inferences have been made towards myself that I have supported PD, which is far from the truth, and it's not just myself, I see the same happening with others such as MagicFlask, GreboVale and Twitters. None of these have come out and supported, endorsed or even defended PD for his statements. In fact, like me, they have condemned them. But it seems this is not enough!

Because we do not see 100% eye-to-eye with this other group on their more extreme stance, we are the enemy, we are "the rest".

I fear for the road that is being taken here, I fear for the fanbase of our club, I fear for the future of our club!

The moment that calm is asked for and it appears peace my be achieved, at least in the form of a 12-16 month truce, sabres are rattled on shields!

Saddest of all, I find myself questioning my passion for any further involvement in this whole sorry and sordid mess! :(

Advert

So what I feared would happen, has happened!

I read the threads with despair! :(

Because of the pointless childish bickering of two individuals, people are drawing up battle lines and the conflict and division in the fanbase starts again. Old wounds are re-opened, but new lines have been drawn. The 2 sides are clear:

The radicals (Those that are still wanting MS on the board and want PD and ML out)

vs

The rest! (These are not people that necessarily support PD. These are not necessarily people that support ML. These are not necessarily people who do not like or believe in MS)

Myself, I'm ambivalent to PD & ML, and in fact PD has gone further down in my estimations! However, because I have not joined the bloodlust party calling for war, condemnation of BSI and the heads of the new board, plus immediate placement of MS on the board, I'm "on their side".

Already inferences have been made towards myself that I have supported PD, which is far from the truth, and it's not just myself, I see the same happening with others such as MagicFlask, GreboVale and Twitters. None of these have come out and supported, endorsed or even defended PD for his statements. In fact, like me, they have condemned them. But it seems this is not enough!

Because we do not see 100% eye-to-eye with this other group on their more extreme stance, we are the enemy, we are "the rest".

I fear for the road that is being taken here, I fear for the fanbase of our club, I fear for the future of our club!

The moment that calm is asked for and it appears peace my be achieved, at least in the form of a 12-16 month truce, sabres are rattled on shields!

Saddest of all, I find myself questioning my passion for any further involvement in this whole sorry and sordid mess! :(

I understand your frustration SV, but why fuel the fire with another thread?

Agree with the last two posters. Tbh, I don't know why you're getting so up tight about this. You've stated your position,. if people don't like it, then it's their problem.

For me and looking at the groups you define, I find myself in both camps. In my view, the club needed a clean sweep and I would still prefer it that way. But now this BSI deal is seemingly signed, then I will give them a little time. Enough rope to hang themselves? I'm not sure, but time will tell.

I think a discreet silence from all concerned - starting with PD and MS and ending with us lot (on both sides) is maybe the solution.

Almost everyone seems to agree (unless I'm mistaken) with giving it a go - even with doubts - and accepting the current status quo - even some of what SV calls the "Radicals" are of that opinion - and, as I said in a post on a similar thread, we need to play the long game, and be prepared to either give them credit for achieving something we all saw as impossible, or give them hell for taking us all for a ride.

I'm not going to spend time on here arguing any more if I can help it....taking my own advice on the subject.

It's not hoping problems will go away, it's just recognising that we need to move on and prepare for the next stage - keeping our powder dry in case we need to use it.

Over and out.....I hope

I think a discreet silence from all concerned - starting with PD and MS and ending with us lot (on both sides) is maybe the solution.

Almost everyone seems to agree (unless I'm mistaken) with giving it a go - even with doubts - and accepting the current status quo - even some of what SV calls the "Radicals" are of that opinion - and, as I said in a post on a similar thread, we need to play the long game, and be prepared to either give them credit for achieving something we all saw as impossible, or give them hell for taking us all for a ride.

I'm not going to spend time on here arguing any more if I can help it....taking my own advice on the subject.

It's not hoping problems will go away, it's just recognising that we need to move on and prepare for the next stage - keeping our powder dry in case we need to use it.

Over and out.....I hope

Well said - if the last 10 months in the history of PVFC has been a 9.0 on the Richter scale then this is merely a 3.0 aftershock - the tectonic plates of PVFC are shifting slightly again as the world turns. It's not to say there won't be anymore earthquakes but we need to get out from the bathtubs and from under the tables and get on with things again. Or something like that.:D

I am not a radical. The simple fact is I cannot be a CUSTOMER of a business that I do not trust, respect and most importantly, do not ENJOY their current product, particularly at the price it it is sold at.

Because I have had past affection for the product of this business I would be willing to soften my approach for certain aspects , which I wouldnt do for most businesses.

I actually have no desire to watch the team at present but would have purchased a ST at a fair price as a leap of faith, and am open to conversion. I emailed Deakin and the reply I received from his lackey was pathetic .

Deakin you have 2 days.

Believe me, I am not trying to stir anything up, merely highlighting that I am starting to see the signs of division. If anything, my post is to highlight this and to call for unity.

There has already been some sniping and back-biting. What there actually needs to be is some accord.

Debate - yes

Discussion - yes

Disagreement - yes

But it doesn't need to be done with innuendo, assumption or sniping! I'm glad to read that everyone appears to agree.

Believe me, I am not trying to stir anything up, merely highlighting that I am starting to see the signs of division. If anything, my post is to highlight this and to call for unity.

There has already been some sniping and back-biting. What there actually needs to be is some accord.

Debate - yes

Discussion - yes

Disagreement - yes

But it doesn't need to be done with innuendo, assumption or sniping! I'm glad to read that everyone appears to agree.

End of thread.

Debate - yes

Discussion - yes

Disagreement - yes

The club needs 99% unity to survive. But as it stands the Board are the only ones who can do anything major to achieve that. It has to start and finish with them. They can get as many plastic abortions as they like but it wont unite the fans.

Whatever I say on here , and a hell of a lot of it is out of sheer frustration and despair, I am tremendously saddenned by the fact that I do not feel any desire to go to a game at the moment. Normally come Sunday I would be looking forward to the following Saturday. :(

As I said on another thread, people have just got to used to moaning. Why they can't let those running the club get on with it is beyond me. That isn't backing PD or ML etc, it's just a bloke from the terraces wanting to watch football. I wonder how they'd feel if Deakin or Sims started commenting on their abilities to do their jobs- not too ****** kindly I would have thought

Archived