onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Radicals vs The Rest

Stone Valiant

Believe me, I am not trying to stir anything up, merely highlighting that I am starting to see the signs of division. If anything, my post is to highlight this and to call for unity.

I'm not so sure there are real signs of division. However, unity will not be achieved based on someone else's belief. Unity will only be achieved when it is obvious that this board is clearly acting in the best interests of the club and that the club is moving forward in terms of both results and transparency with the supporters. This is why I feel you need to avoid being so frustrated with this and let it go. People will form their own opinions and that is their right.

My problem isn't with the BSI deal. I'm really just not sure of the people that are running the club. My problem is that I don't trust them and I'm not alone in this feeling. Time now for the board to prove that this mistrust is unwarranted.

Advert

I'm not so sure there are real signs of division. However, unity will not be achieved based on someone else's belief. Unity will only be achieved when it is obvious that this board is clearly acting in the best interests of the club and that the club is moving forward in terms of both results and transparency with the supporters. This is why I feel you need to avoid being so frustrated with this and let it go. People will form their own opinions and that is their right.

My problem isn't with the BSI deal. I'm really just not sure of the people that are running the club. My problem is that I don't trust them and I'm not alone in this feeling. Time now for the board to prove that this mistrust is unwarranted.

Vanta,

Your post in sensible, as is your response, however, not everyone has necessarily been as reasonable as yourself. As you say, the board and BSI need to be given time to prove this deal, yet there are numerous threads saying the BSI deal is not a real deal, calls for PD to be sacked, people still shouting for ML to go, people still calling for SEO.

And you are correct, that is their right! But is it their right to then shout down those who have an alternative opinion.

I don't think I'm frustrated, I'm just upset! I'm upset seeing some of the personal statements that are being made from one vale fan to another - it's become almost habit know for some and at times, quite hateful!

The thing I am most upset about is those who have twisted my statement and words - just because I believe that MS was guilty of "bear baiting" with his call for unity statement, suddenly I'm pro-PD. I have quite catagorically condemned both men for their actions, but as I say, this means I am suddenly "on the outside"

The problem is not with me accepting other people's opinions, it is with them not accepting mine, and I am seeing it with other posters too!

But if everyone is prepared to be more respectful, then everything is ok!

So basically if you don't some like aspects of what is happening at the club, you should say nothing even if you know and can prove/justify your stance?

My position is that I have resigned myself to letting the board get on with it and see where we are in 12 months time, that doesn't mean to say, however, if something comes up that I disagree with or can show to be a lie, I won't comment on it. If that is seen as a cause of disunity then I'm sorry but that's tough.

As for naming posters, some of them have been so wide of the mark with their comments on some things it's untrue, whether they realise that or not. SV you were very quick to jump on posters who were commenting, wrongly in your eyes, against BSI because you knew a little bit more about the deal than the rest of us, it now seems a bit hypocritical to condemn others who appear to be doing the same thing.

Its a case of the fans needing to agree to disagree.

I wont have a ticket now until christmas, does that mean I want the team to lose? No

It means that I still do not trust them to spend my money.

Others have a different opinion, and much as I was tempted to go back, I wont, but I fully understand those that have, and thise that have gone all season.

Its now down to personal choice, there are no campaigns to be followed, no masts to pin flags to, just upto you what you do, and nobody should be critisized by fellow fans for doing so.

Unity does not only have to happen on the terraces, its a mindset that is vital for the time when we are all happily cheering the boys on at home games in future (hopefully!!)

To be frank, I'm completely ****ing sick of the vitriolic attitude a number of posters on this board take. You asked for change you got it, but just because it's not 100% what you hoped for, you aren't happy- well boo-****ing-hoo. It's called compromise, which it turns out is a harder concept to understand than I first presumed.

IMHO the thing that really needs to stop is the "Real vale fan attitude", the 1 thing that unites us all is Port Vale and our support of them. If your SEO or Just want to watch the team, were all still Port Vale fans. This is over looked, yes everyone as their own opinion, its Human Nature, no matter what happens you can only please all of the people some of the time.

We do all need to take a step back, if you dont like the new board, then you dont like the new board, but remember some people will. Had things gone our way with Mo owning the club, others would not of liked that.

The only thing that makes all of us happy all of the time is 3 points on a Saturday afternoon.

So basically if you don't some like aspects of what is happening at the club, you should say nothing even if you know and can prove/justify your stance?

My position is that I have resigned myself to letting the board get on with it and see where we are in 12 months time, that doesn't mean to say, however, if something comes up that I disagree with or can show to be a lie, I won't comment on it. If that is seen as a cause of disunity then I'm sorry but that's tough.

As for naming posters, some of them have been so wide of the mark with their comments on some things it's untrue, whether they realise that or not. SV you were very quick to jump on posters who were commenting, wrongly in your eyes, against BSI because you knew a little bit more about the deal than the rest of us, it now seems a bit hypocritical to condemn others who appear to be doing the same thing.

To quote from my earlier mail

Debate - yes

Discussion - yes

Disagreement - yes

But it doesn't need to be done with innuendo, assumption or sniping! I'm glad to read that everyone appears to agree.

So hopefully this shows that your first sentence again shows that my post(s) have beenn misread/misinterpreted!

The 3 rd paragraph only goes to prove what I have been saying. It's an opinion, how can it be wide of the mark except being wide of your own opinion! Just because they differ, does not mean they are wrong!

And were you not one of them who criticised me for knowing something about the BSI deal but not saying, i.e. Dimensions! Something which has since come to light from another source and, it seems, resulted in exactly what I said would happen, has potentially scuppered that part of the deal!

Thank you for proving my point!

To be frank, I'm completely ****ing sick of the vitriolic attitude a number of posters on this board take. You asked for change you got it, but just because it's not 100% what you hoped for, you aren't happy- well boo-****ing-hoo. It's called compromise, which it turns out is a harder concept to understand than I first presumed.

Possibly less politically correct than my statement, but to the point! :laugh:

Spot on Tim, we have no option but to give the current line up a chance. They have set up shop and a time frame and we will see where we are in twelve months. I hardly think it is radical in correcting mistruths and choosing not to accept constant lies as part of the betterment of the club. If people go through life accepting lie after lie, wow how belittling is that?

Spot on Tim, we have no option but to give the current line up a chance. They have set up shop and a time frame and we will see where we are in twelve months. I hardly think it is radical in correcting mistruths and choosing not to accept constant lies as part of the betterment of the club. If people go through life accepting lie after lie, wow how belittling is that?

Bird,

Correct, but how are they supposed to prove themselves whilst there is still in-fighting amongst fans, calls for resignations and changes to the board and cat calls against our new investors?

Hardly conducive! Bit like saying, "We'll support you swimming the channel, but along the way we're going to throw all kinds of junk at you and make you wear a suit of armour!"

I thought I was the only beggar on here with too much time on their hands but looks like I've done more work than any of you lot this morning!

I have been digging in my back garden in prep for putting some footings in for a small wall. In the process of digging and chopping roots, we turned up what looks like a flint axe head. I got dead excited. Never thought about the Vale once while we were doing this.

So, SV, if you want to stop worrying about Vale, divided fans, dodgy deals and owt else .... get digging!! :razz::razz:

admin ,please ban any threads to do with the board, who said that he said this etc etc, and post threads about the team about fans how many we are taking there, about our players and upto date news, you know HOW OVF USED TO BE, cos iam just about p i55ed off seeing more threads about stupid things people on the board are supposed to be saying or not saying...thanks

So what I feared would happen, has happened!

I read the threads with despair! :(

Because of the pointless childish bickering of two individuals, people are drawing up battle lines and the conflict and division in the fanbase starts again. Old wounds are re-opened, but new lines have been drawn. The 2 sides are clear:

The radicals (Those that are still wanting MS on the board and want PD and ML out)

vs

The rest! (These are not people that necessarily support PD. These are not necessarily people that support ML. These are not necessarily people who do not like or believe in MS)

Myself, I'm ambivalent to PD & ML, and in fact PD has gone further down in my estimations! However, because I have not joined the bloodlust party calling for war, condemnation of BSI and the heads of the new board, plus immediate placement of MS on the board, I'm "on their side".

Already inferences have been made towards myself that I have supported PD, which is far from the truth, and it's not just myself, I see the same happening with others such as MagicFlask, GreboVale and Twitters. None of these have come out and supported, endorsed or even defended PD for his statements. In fact, like me, they have condemned them. But it seems this is not enough!

Because we do not see 100% eye-to-eye with this other group on their more extreme stance, we are the enemy, we are "the rest".

I fear for the road that is being taken here, I fear for the fanbase of our club, I fear for the future of our club!

The moment that calm is asked for and it appears peace my be achieved, at least in the form of a 12-16 month truce, sabres are rattled on shields!

Saddest of all, I find myself questioning my passion for any further involvement in this whole sorry and sordid mess! :(

great post

Archived