onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Radicals vs The Rest

Stone Valiant

Just announced

The Football Association has been given an "absolute deadline" to bring in rules tackling debt levels at clubs or face government action.

MPs have already demanded sweeping changes to the way football is run.

A deadline of 29 February has been imposed for the FA to bring in a new licensing system for clubs.

I wonder what plans are in place to tackle our massive debt.

We won't have to do anything about our tiny debt, it'll be the likes of United with their 500m debt that this is aimed at.

Advert

Just announced

The Football Association has been given an "absolute deadline" to bring in rules tackling debt levels at clubs or face government action.

MPs have already demanded sweeping changes to the way football is run.

A deadline of 29 February has been imposed for the FA to bring in a new licensing system for clubs.

I wonder what plans are in place to tackle our massive debt.

Ok :unsure:

What is this to do with this thread?

Worthy of a thread of it's own somewhere?

I won't move it yet in case there is a particular reason for having it here, but otherwise, I can move it!

To be frank, I'm completely ****ing sick of the vitriolic attitude a number of posters on this board take. You asked for change you got it, but just because it's not 100% what you hoped for, you aren't happy- well boo-****ing-hoo. It's called compromise, which it turns out is a harder concept to understand than I first presumed.

Its not about get 100% change at board level, Its about 1 man opening his big mouth,Who does not know the history of this dispute which has been going on for over 8 years questioning a guy who has put more cash into the Vale that any of the past & present directors and has the backing of the majority of shareholders & fans,

He made a pigs ear of the Nantwich affair and does not know when to keep it zipped.

OVF is populated by failed or at best amateur politicians, would be captains of industry, people with to much time on their hands and some who delight in moaning and groaning about everything PV good or bad and delight in rubbishing and name calling anyone who works for/is associated with the club.

That's some generalisation, I'm a "would be captain of industry", which category do you fit into? I'm guessing, based on your post you're not much of a politician!:D

A strong contributor, DL, a strong contributor!

I agree too, I couldn't count how many times I have been called a wum and frankly I'm not in the slightest bothered, what annoys me is when people start giving you abuse for having an opinion, they maybe strong views (sometimes) but I dot come on this site too get abused I enjoy the debate, so you say it's the wums that divide the site.. (probably classing me as one) but in my eyes when somebody doesn't agree with a strong view they start the personal jibes too start the arguments off!! Not once have I cone on to this site too personally attack somebody for a comment they have made, unless I have received some,

Regarding your original post, I totally agree with you on that..

People need too give the deal a chance, stop reminiscing about the past and look too a hopefully bright and prosperous future, give it 12 months if nothing has changed then, I'm sure everybody will wash there hands of the board, me included..

Feel free too give me abuse now, because I'm used too it after any of my posts :)

So what I feared would happen, has happened!

I read the threads with despair! :(

Because of the pointless childish bickering of two individuals, people are drawing up battle lines and the conflict and division in the fanbase starts again. Old wounds are re-opened, but new lines have been drawn. The 2 sides are clear:

The radicals (Those that are still wanting MS on the board and want PD and ML out)

vs

The rest! (These are not people that necessarily support PD. These are not necessarily people that support ML. These are not necessarily people who do not like or believe in MS)

Myself, I'm ambivalent to PD & ML, and in fact PD has gone further down in my estimations! However, because I have not joined the bloodlust party calling for war, condemnation of BSI and the heads of the new board, plus immediate placement of MS on the board, I'm "on their side".

Already inferences have been made towards myself that I have supported PD, which is far from the truth, and it's not just myself, I see the same happening with others such as MagicFlask, GreboVale and Twitters. None of these have come out and supported, endorsed or even defended PD for his statements. In fact, like me, they have condemned them. But it seems this is not enough!

Because we do not see 100% eye-to-eye with this other group on their more extreme stance, we are the enemy, we are "the rest".

I fear for the road that is being taken here, I fear for the fanbase of our club, I fear for the future of our club!

The moment that calm is asked for and it appears peace my be achieved, at least in the form of a 12-16 month truce, sabres are rattled on shields!

Saddest of all, I find myself questioning my passion for any further involvement in this whole sorry and sordid mess! :(

My main frustration with all this bickering on here is unity within the fan base which before the PD MS saga seemed to be happening and we even started having humor slipping through the cracks which I see we have on this thread,long may it last but it wunner.SV forgot to mention a 3rd group which are the WUM who just come on to STOKE up the fire and they are the worst,am glad its quietened down a bit and now hope we can concentrate on the football side of things.

I find it slightly surreal that quite a number of the former anti board brigade are now using all the same phrases directed towards this who choose still not to go that were aimed at them during there absence!

Very short memories, and still not realising that it's not About port vale fan vs port vale fan, it's about every port vale fan doing what they think is right and proper.

I fully understand the need to go up and get the new ticket, I was close myself, but should I be berated, especially by those who have only just rejoined the Frey, for still not being willing to pay for promises from proven liars?

Id debate that it actually is.

Towards the end of last season it was clear by the posts on here that the vast majority wanted change, the subsequent march etc supported this.

Its now clear to me that the majority of posts on here are in favour of letting the board get on with it, whilst not fully supporting them or even believing them.

I enjoy OVF, if you read through some of the WUM's and see beyond them then Id say OVF is very representative of Vale fans

I tend to have the opposite opinion although haven't done the maths.

You're right about wanting change but people couldn't agree on what change. Some wanted the whole board gone others didn't, some wanted MC whilst others didn't. My gut feel is that posters on OVF want PD out whereas the silent majority either don't care or want him to remain.

It's interesting to hear all points of view.

That's some generalisation, I'm a "would be captain of industry", which category do you fit into? I'm guessing, based on your post you're not much of a politician!:D

I hope it would be a bit of all of the first three but none of the 'delight in moaning and rubbishing anything PVFC etc'.

I've not read through every post on this thread but would like to put some things into perspective.

I don't live in the area anymore but visit Newcastle-under-Lyme most weeks and wander round the town. All I see is lots of people (young and old) proud to be wearing the colours of their football team (football tops, track suits, coats, stickers in cars etc). Unfortunately they are all for the team from the other side of the city. I never see anyone in Vale colours walking around as though we are all ashamed to be associated with the club.

I wonder what say they have in the running of their club. I'm sure Mr Coates does not have to account for every action he does or has to meet the fans on a regular basis to keep them happy.

Come on, we have seen some radical changes at the club, some new investment so let's get behind the lads and see what this new dawn holds. If it goes pear-shaped then at least we know who is accountable.

Be there tomorrow night and cheer the lads on

And so he shouldnt, he owns the club

Who owns Vale ?

that's the crux of the matter ant nobody does hence rudderless ship

i feel the new guys will soon be in a position where they can together claim to own the club in private whilst publically proclaiming keeping to the clubs rules

i really hope the hank bloke or this miller can grab the club by the scruff of the neck and drag it forward

but as time passes it's looking more than likely it's just another old boys school

I agree too, I couldn't count how many times I have been called a wum and frankly I'm not in the slightest bothered, what annoys me is when people start giving you abuse for having an opinion, they maybe strong views (sometimes) but I dot come on this site too get abused I enjoy the debate, so you say it's the wums that divide the site.. (probably classing me as one) but in my eyes when somebody doesn't agree with a strong view they start the personal jibes too start the arguments off!! Not once have I cone on to this site too personally attack somebody for a comment they have made, unless I have received some,

Regarding your original post, I totally agree with you on that..

People need too give the deal a chance, stop reminiscing about the past and look too a hopefully bright and prosperous future, give it 12 months if nothing has changed then, I'm sure everybody will wash there hands of the board, me included..

Feel free too give me abuse now, because I'm used too it after any of my posts :)

Here comes the insult...

...I don't class you as a WUM, just a mass debator! :D:razz:

Joking apart, there is nothing wrong with disagreement, it's just that people need to, as the forum rules say and you point out, "Attack the argument and not the person"

Archived