onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Done with the Vale

cplowe1

Reality can be harsh.

It's a pathetic thread though.

If you had asked to contacted again, or they said they will contact you immediately fine. But I and others in this thread agree, the next move is you, a brief "Oh thank you, that would be brilliant, I am available any saturday, when do you think is best to do it?" would have set the wheels in motion.

No agenda? ********.

Id kinda hazard a guess that the agenda is "customer services"

Advert

Just out of interest how many e-mails have gone between you and the club? Or have you just give up after one?

Unfortunately not everybody has mind reading skills and from my understanding you haven't confirmed that you'd like this to take place, just the idea.

To clarify, this is not the full coneversation, just the most relevant bits (plus some of it was via facebook). Snoop on here offered to help as he knows chris bedding so e-mailed him about it on my behalf (about three weeks ago). No reply. So I contacted the board direct. I asked that in return for the donation the club treat a few disadvantaged children to a day out at VP, I had no specific group in mind, did the club have connections with a charity? I also asked that they be on display somewhere at VP (along with the scrapbook) and that maybe I could go and take a look sometime, plus I remain anonymous. The suggestion that someone who knew Stan be invloved (a good one) was the club's not mine. The onus was not on me to reply, but the club to confirm arrangements were put in place then I would get the items sent. But then, as I said silence. By Saturday, this was causing me a problem. The seller needs to send the boots and is keen to know where to (they were bought three weeks ago), I want them to go direct to the club and not to me in Holland, because then I'd have to post them from here to the club (a proposed date of the home match with the Shrews was mentioned, and this would then be out of the question - not to mention the additional cost to myself). But before I send them, of course, I must know that suitable arrangements are in place. Anyway, as you might gather I'm a bit disappointed about all this - particularly the lack of contact. Posting my annoyance on here was actually a way of possibly getting stuff moving a bit. It hasn't worked much so far. I have sent another mail since pointing out that the lack of communication is causing me problems, and that if the club are not interested in the offer fair enough - just let me know. Still nothing as of today. I appreciate that people are busy and maybe it's not a priority, but after three weeks one way another I would have expected a bit more help. It's not even really customer service, it's donator service! Not given up just yet but I can't wait forever before making other plans for thos3 famous boots. They could be heading for my coffee table at this rate. Hope this clarifys things.

I wish anti-board people would stop making the rest of us look bad.

The last people to reply were PVFC, that means it's your turn next...oddly enough.

That's not true, the e-mail extract was board to chris bedding (cc to me) commending him on picking up on the initiative and making some additional suggestions. That chris has been contacted three times and never replied at all. I am not particularly anti board and I am not a trouble make.

To clarify, this is not the full coneversation, just the most relevant bits (plus some of it was via facebook). Snoop on here offered to help as he knows chris bedding so e-mailed him about it on my behalf (about three weeks ago). No reply. So I contacted the board direct. I asked that in return for the donation the club treat a few disadvantaged children to a day out at VP, I had no specific group in mind, did the club have connections with a charity? I also asked that they be on display somewhere at VP (along with the scrapbook) and that maybe I could go and take a look sometime, plus I remain anonymous. The suggestion that someone who knew Stan be invloved (a good one) was the club's not mine. The onus was not on me to reply, but the club to confirm arrangements were put in place then I would get the items sent. But then, as I said silence. By Saturday, this was causing me a problem. The seller needs to send the boots and is keen to know where to (they were bought three weeks ago), I want them to go direct to the club and not to me in Holland, because then I'd have to post them from here to the club (a proposed date of the home match with the Shrews was mentioned, and this would then be out of the question - not to mention the additional cost to myself). But before I send them, of course, I must know that suitable arrangements are in place. Anyway, as you might gather I'm a bit disappointed about all this - particularly the lack of contact. Posting my annoyance on here was actually a way of possibly getting stuff moving a bit. It hasn't worked much so far. I have sent another mail since pointing out that the lack of communication is causing me problems, and that if the club are not interested in the offer fair enough - just let me know. Still nothing as of today. I appreciate that people are busy and maybe it's not a priority, but after three weeks one way another I would have expected a bit more help. It's not even really customer service, it's donator service! Not given up just yet but I can't wait forever before making other plans for thos3 famous boots. They could be heading for my coffee table at this rate. Hope this clarifys things.

Very much so. Very kind gesture, by the way:yes:.

Snoop??

I have been called a few things in the past but "snoop" is a new one

email me again cp

Snoop, sorry - Scoob, has just been helpful and it's not even a board issue. Certain members of the board have been pretty helpful. It just seems that there is something malfunctioning on planet PVFC as a general organization. There have been several other comments on various sources of irritation regarding aspects of the way the club is run day to day.

Archived