onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

crosses and corners

tonyh

Why are our full-backs/wing-backs unable to stop the even most limited opposition wide men from crossing the ball?

Why do oppostion players run in to meet their corners and therefore outjump our defenders (should they accidentally come across any!) whereas our players stand around in the six yard box when we have a corner and jump from a standing position?

Advert

Why are our full-backs/wing-backs unable to stop the even most limited opposition wide men from crossing the ball?

Why do oppostion players run in to meet their corners and therefore outjump our defenders (should they accidentally come across any!) whereas our players stand around in the six yard box when we have a corner and jump from a standing position?

Over crowding in the box so no one takes responsibility.

I made exactly the same points to my brother in law at yesterday's game

On the opposite side of the coin,why is the service from our wide men so abysmal. Yates,in particular, is guilty of crossing the ball far too early.more often than not,he delivers his crosses from a couple of yards beyond the halfway line and they are easily dealt with by the opposing defenders. The annoying thing is that it's obvious to everyone that the crosses are hopeless from these positions so why does he keep on doing it? The problem,I suppose, is that he is a defender expected to overlap and do the job of a winger. Even so,the penny should have dropped by now.Oh for a Guppy or McCarthy!!

Yates is a solid enough player and very reliable with experience I would say consistant. My problem is that Yates is very one paced and his delivery is not to required standard most of the time, the post above hits the nail on the head all his crosses are from deep as he lacks the pace to get around the back of the opposition and deliver from the line to turn their defence. I would like to see Micky play Collins at right back and Green at left back, Mike Green has the ability to deliver and beat his man and Collins on the right would stop him from having to turn in on himself.

i always wonder why we dont score enough goals from set pieces considering the amount of six foot plus players in the team, but when you watch a set piece come in there is always a lack of movement from the vale players within the box, we are too static which makes it easy for teams to defend agaist

Guest fitzgerald_pvfc

teams like Accrington always have corners routines which work and scores them goals, i dont see why we don't it

Archived