onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

2 points lost indeed. Two awful penalties to give away to hand Sunderland a point and after already losing 3 points against Bournemouth where we shot ourselves in not one but both feet you can only think that these sort of results will come back to haunt Liverpool at the end of the season. If Chelsea win their next game and then beat Spurs they'll be miles ahead of the rest of the pack and would need to almost go into meltdown to give the title away.

Still, all I wanted to see was genuine progression under Klopp and there's can be little doubt that they're improving all the time. It's by no means over, the title race, but whether Liverpool finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th it will have been a really good season with plenty more promising to come.

Advert

2 points lost indeed. Two awful penalties to give away to hand Sunderland a point and after already losing 3 points against Bournemouth where we shot ourselves in not one but both feet you can only think that these sort of results will come back to haunt Liverpool at the end of the season. If Chelsea win their next game and then beat Spurs they'll be miles ahead of the rest of the pack and would need to almost go into meltdown to give the title away.

Still, all I wanted to see was genuine progression under Klopp and there's can be little doubt that they're improving all the time. It's by no means over, the title race, but whether Liverpool finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th it will have been a really good season with plenty more promising to come.

Chelsea win their next game and then beat Spurs? Their next game is Spurs :laugh:

As I said earlier Liverpool should finish top four comfortably, anything less would be disappointing after what Klopp has done with them.

they were playing a very poor West Ham side tonight and the second goal was well dodgy..as was the sending off

Well dodgy? Think that's a bit of an exaggeration. It was marginally offside and given how the ball pinged about before it reached the scorer I'm not surprised the linesman didn't give it.

As for the sending off, the referee has one view. He's seen the West Ham player dive in, leaving the floor, with studs showing. Exactly the same as Vardy. Refs have clearly been told to clamp down on those types of tackles so from what he's seen the player has to go. He only gets one look from one angle, he doesn't have the advantage of the many camera angles that the rent a gobs on telly and radio get.

He could have sent another player off from West Ham in the second half too for a studs up challenge over the ball.

Well dodgy? Think that's a bit of an exaggeration. It was marginally offside and given how the ball pinged about before it reached the scorer I'm not surprised the linesman didn't give it.

So he was offside but well dodgy is a bit of an exaggeration?...it's an understatement if anything..this isn';t like deciding if a handball was deliberate or not..he was offside

As for the sending off, the referee has one view.

You don't say

He's seen the West Ham player dive in, leaving the floor, with studs showing. Exactly the same as Vardy. Refs have clearly been told to clamp down on those types of tackles so from what he's seen the player has to go. He only gets one look from one angle, he doesn't have the advantage of the many camera angles that the rent a gobs on telly and radio get.

Well aware of that

He could have sent another player off from West Ham in the second half too for a studs up challenge over the ball.

That's what makes the sending off well dodgy..the inconsistency

Is going take something special to stop Chelsea.. Forget if Hazard or Costa get injured they will be fine. Willian on the other hand is fast becoming indespenible. What a great signing he has been.

I think Man City will be the closet rivals to Chelsea and with Aguero up top anything is possible.

3rd and 4th is between Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd. Have a feeling that under Jose Man Utd will pinch 3rd with Zlatan and Pogba finally finding his feet they are just going get stronger.

Sent from my HTC 0PGQ1 using Tapatalk

Is going take something special to stop Chelsea.. Forget if Hazard or Costa get injured they will be fine. Willian on the other hand is fast becoming indespenible. What a great signing he has been.

They are playing well, doing the basics swell and look to have strength in depth..and are benefitting from not being in Europe. I'd expect them to hold on now

I think Man City will be the closet rivals to Chelsea and with Aguero up top anything is possible.

They aren't playing well though...need to up their game

3rd and 4th is between Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd. Have a feeling that under Jose Man Utd will pinch 3rd with Zlatan and Pogba finally finding his feet they are just going get stronger.

For me Arsenal will not make top 4 and that will be the signal for Arsene to move on

It's been a really good season so far with lot to play for, and although Chelsea are now clear favourites I don't think many people would stick a load of money on to predict the top 3 or 4 and in what order.

Chelsea look formidable at the moment after Conte somewhat stumbled upon the formation that brought about their form, and have the healthy knack of winning games in which they didn't play well in. Conte has even made Luiz look a decent defender which takes some doing! Much does depend on Hazard and Costa though and whether they remain fit for the remainder of the season in my opinion.

Liverpool play some wonderful football and have goals throughout the side, arguably the best in the country in that regard. However, they still have a tendency to shoot themselves in the foot with silly mistakes at the back, which has seen them drop points against the likes of Bournemouth, West Ham and Sunderland. They need a commanding keeper as no side wins major titles without having a truly top-class keeper. Mignolet is good but obviously not near the best in the world while Karius still very much learning the trade.

Arsenal always seem to have a month in which they falter, usually the Christmas period, which see's them fall short come the end of the season. I'm not entirely sure Wenger knows his best 11 either, though with the amount of injuries they have a tendency to have I don't think he has many opportunities to do so! I don't think either Xhaka or Elmandy have pulled up any trees and for me they still miss a world-class player in the middle of the park in the mould of Vieira and Petit.

Man City after an impressive start haven't impressed me under Guardiola as much as I thought they would, and to me it looks like he's not really enjoying it at the moment for whatever reason. Still, they have some of the best players in the league in the likes of Silva, De Bruyne and Augero and on their day can beat anybody. They truly are poor at the back though, and it's clear that they don't quite have the players that Guardiola had at his disposal when at Barcelona and then Bayern Munich and will take a while until they become a proper Pepe team.

Spurs I think are perhaps the weakest of the challengers and rely hugely on Harry Kane. Alli has suddenly found form again after a pretty poor season this time around in comparison with the high standards he set. But in Lloris, Anderwiereld, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Alli and Kane the spine of their team is as strong as anyone's and they're a very difficult site to beat even if not always the most entertaining.

Man United had a pretty average start but are slowly but surely becoming a typical Jose Mourinho side in that they are organised and efficient. Pogba is starting to perform to the standards they'd expect and Ibrahimovic will score goals when he's in his 40's if you give him chances. If they add to their squad in the January window, which it looks like they will do, then I wouldn't be surprised if they finished as high as second as much as it would to not see them in the top 4.

Archived