onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bratt. Oliver. Deakin & Lloyd...Your thoughts

X-Valiant

Putting my constructive head on:

Glenn is clearly a very well educated and erudite man who can be prone to very poor judgement and lapses of common sense.

He strikes me as somebody who finds it difficult to climb down from a point of view when presented with new information which may change the mind of a more rational person.

His debating style is very confrontational and comes across as somebody who is determined to have the last word, even in situations where he would be advised to leave well alone.

Advert

I thought when he joined the board he would do a better job than he has, considering how well he did when he was on the board at Walsall, but somehow it hasn't worked out that way. Still his shop is about the only place you can get a decent selection of cds locally, and he does a lot to promote concerts from up and coming and established acts, stopping trhe "Cultural Quarter" from being a bigger joke than it is. It's a shame he couldn't make a go of the Royal. I weep everytime I hear mention of "Jumpin' Jaks" and "Liquid" and refuse to set foot there as a result.

While I am wary of Mike, I still respect him more than the other two for his attempts to front up and at least engage Vale fans in some respectful and constructive dialogue.

He seems eminently more qualified than the other two to be on the board of directors. I'm aware that as somebody who grew up as a born and bred Walsall fan (I believe his late father used to be a turnstile operator at Fellows Park) he won't have the same motivation to be there as a dyed in the wool Vale fan. Maybe this gives him a perspective that the other board members lack.

It's highly likely that he has personal ambitions as a board member. Some people believe he joined the board because he sensed he could take over from Bratt as chairman. He did used to be chairman of Walsall so has the experience in this respect. Maybe he simply enjoys being involved in the running of a football club, and feels he has the experience and business skills to make a difference to the Vale.

I think it's a good time for him to be open with the fans and explains his own position, where he sees his future of this board, and whether he could play a constructive part in any transition or at the very least bringing the club back together.

If he does want to be chairman, now would be a good time for him to make his play.

Archived