onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 3rd Oct 2015, Port Vale v Sheffield Utd, pre-match comments, the match itself

Fosse69

Advert

As long as I get home this time that will be a bonus. Got partially stuck on the A50 last time then completely stuck in Meir!

Fearful of tomorrow at the moment. Does anyone know if O'Connor is anywhere near being on the bench? We need some creativity.

...No idea about O'Connor's state of fitness or his projected return. It always seems to be a couple of weeks away - when I last mentioned his injury/return to fitness (on 30th Aug} it was suggested that he was making good progress. Obviously not as good or speedy as we and the Club would have liked though.

...No idea about O'Connor's state of fitness or his projected return. It always seems to be a couple of weeks away - when I last mentioned his injury/return to fitness (on 30th Aug} it was suggested that he was making good progress. Obviously not as good or speedy as we and the Club would have liked though.

All I knew was he was doing light fitness work about 3 weeks ago.

Its the team we are facing not the "club" in terms of the name and size, facts remain they have won 1 in 6 and we shouldn't fear them anymore than Gillingham for example.

If we can beat Wigan and Burnley then we can beat these if we play as well as we know we can. Think we will draw 1-1 though.

Fans often ask if we can have a pay on the gate turnstile at home games and are told no. How come then that it is pay on the day for Sheffield fans tomorrow, cash only? Surely that makes a mockery of the reasons why home fans can't do it?

Fans often ask if we can have a pay on the gate turnstile at home games and are told no. How come then that it is pay on the day for Sheffield fans tomorrow, cash only? Surely that makes a mockery of the reasons why home fans can't do it?
I would expect the club to say that there is insufficient ticket office capacity to cater for a large number of away fans. Burton did not allow cash sales on the day against Sheffield Utd, nor will they for our visit.

Me and my fellow Vale fan, Brian live in Sheffield on the United side of the city. I'm married to a Blades fan. We have to win this game or my life ain't worth living. Must play Uche and Dodds and drop Daniels and Moore.

So you think Ajay Leitch-Smith deserves to start?

Think he is set to play vs Stoke in reserves

So you think Ajay Leitch-Smith deserves to start?

What i saw of him the other night No i wouldnt but u watch he will turn up tomoz and score a hat trick .

Thats the thing with Vale r they going turn up ,one things for certain our midfielders will have to block shots unlike v Oldham where 3 times they had efforts from way outside the box which had Alnwick working .

Hopefully there goalie has a bad back tomoz and our goalie has nowt do but thats down to the other 10s desire,determination.and will to win..

Something else i picked up the other night when Duffy or Streete r in possession.of the ball travel with it u drag a player out of position and creates the space required to be effective i c Smalling does this well for Man Utd ( also Neil Aspin did it cery well once v Grimsby :) ).

Archived