onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Forum Request

Utch

Of course because posters are all so well behaved they would comply... as they do with the no abuse rule or the avoiding the swear filter rule... simples.

Its heavy with segregation and separation.

If an ex director offered to pay a new players salary where would it go?... football or politics?

If players were sold to balance the books where would it go? football or politics?

If posters feel that lack of investment is holding the team back should people who disagree not have a voice?

The boards performance affects the team and the teams performance affects the board how can they be separated?

For good or bad Port Vale is a whole, inseparable entity. It may consist of segments but each part is dependent upon all the others.

Just my opinion of course.

Posters do follow the guidelines. Word of football section does not infringe on the Port Vale section. When it does, the poster apologises and asks for it to be moved.

Every poster on here knowns the difference between off-topic and Port Vale, they manage to put it in the right section.

They also know the difference between boardroom politics and football. They would know what section to put it in.

All your examples are very specific. It doesn't require that much thought. All you would do with that is look at the thread, see where it goes after one or two pages and decide to move it if you wish.

Advert

Posters do follow the guidelines.

Of course they do..... thats why hours are spent deleting posts and editing out swear words that are typed to avoid the filter, and trolling and spam etc etc etc

Player XX has been signed from club YY for XYZ amount..... I dont think he is the right player for the job but we cant afford anyone else....

Is that a football topic or a political topic?

How about

I agree we dont have the money because the board cut the playing budget.... if we could have afforded another ZZ amuont we could have got WW

Football or political?

Of course they do..... thats why hours are spent deleting posts and editing out swear words that are typed to avoid the filter, and trolling and spam etc etc etc

That has nothing to do with the creation of a new forum. I made the point that people are good at putting posts on the correct forum and the point stabds. Swearing and abusive posts are entirely different issues.

As I said, they are specific posts. The poster makes the call when he starts the thread. You can move it later if you want. You could make the same flippant points about the current forums.

"Should Port Vale play the Wonder of You before games?" - Port Vale or music?

"Apples are starting to grow again, I bet they'll be at Vale again" - Port Vale or off topic?

That has nothing to do with the creation of a new forum. I made the point that people are good at putting posts on the correct forum and the point stabds. Swearing and abusive posts are entirely different issues.

As I said, they are specific posts. The poster makes the call when he starts the thread. You can move it later if you want. You could make the same flippant points about the current forums.

"Should Port Vale play the Wonder of You before games?" - Port Vale or music? port vale because its specific]

"Apples are starting to grow again, I bet they'll be at Vale again" - Port Vale or off topic?off topic because its about apples

Its not a flippant comment unless you want to read it that way

If there is a separate section and those posts are made where would you put them?

Player XX has been signed from club YY for XYZ amount..... I dont think he is the right player for the job but we cant afford anyone else....??

I agree we dont have the money because the board cut the playing budget.... if we could have afforded another ZZ amuont we could have got WW ??

You also seem to be suggesting I get to choose where they go..... I dont..... I get the choice to spend even more time moving things from one place to another because some posters dont want to read some posts.

Geo - I'm not going to spend my time categorising where you think your very specific examples should go. The poster will make that decision and the admin can take a view on it later if they wish.

They are flippant comments. You are obviously against the idea. That's fine. Your style of argument is all wrong though.

Geo - I'm not going to spend my time categorising where you think your very specific examples should go. The poster will make that decision and the admin can take a view on it later if they wish.

They are flippant comments. You are obviously against the idea. That's fine. Your style of argument is all wrong though.

wrong for who?

Rob mentioned this in Admin forum some time ago. Most if not all Admin members were against it, myself included.

My honest reason? It's hard enough to Admin the forums as it is without the added problem of having two Port Vale Discussion forums. I've absolutely no doubt that we spend more and more time moving posts from one forum to another. Then of course, you'd have the added pms querying why posts had been moved. I spend more than enough time on here so ... no...right now i'm a 'no thank you' :yes:

That doesn't mean it will never happen though!

Archived