onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bradford

j_grainger10

With all the goings on down the Vale I tried to think of other clubs in the same kind of mess Vale are in.. I couldnt.. But then Bradford came up in a conversation and to be fair their fans have had it rough but still stick with it and season ticket sales prove it..

This is a team which was in the premiership not so long ago, have a big budget in this league and a large fan base that rivals most.. but still they under achieve.

Why havent their fans thrown in the towl.. Where are the protests?

I know things arent great at the min but look at the Bradford fans season after season supporting the team.. maybe some vale fans should do the same.

Advert

so beacuse Bradford havent go our board they should be happy?

If i was a Bradford fan buying a season ticket year after year i think id be a little more ****** off than Iam as a Vale fan to be honest...

Yea things are bad but we still have a team to support and fair enough if you dont want to attend next season but it isnt that easy in my opinion.

Hmm, simple research contradicts your thread for a start.

In the Prem, Bradford got average gates of 18,150. Last year they averaged 11,128 which means they've lost 7,000 fans in 10 years.

When we were in the Championship we averaged 5,769. Last year we averaged 5,532 meaning we've lost only 237 fans in 10 years.

So a large majority of their fans have in fact 'thrown in the towel' as you put it.

Comparing us to Bradford City just doesn't work.

so beacuse Bradford havent go our board they should be happy?

If i was a Bradford fan buying a season ticket year after year i think id be a little more ****** off than Iam as a Vale fan to be honest...

Yea things are bad but we still have a team to support and fair enough if you dont want to attend next season but it isnt that easy in my opinion.

But you are comparing chalk with cheese. Yes both team under achieve with a good fan base but the reasons for the under achievment are completely different and Vale have had and have opportunity to improve, I'm not sure if Bradford have had the same opportunities. I will always support the team no matter how good or bad the performance because Vale are my team, but until this BoD's clear off my physical support will be at away games only.

But you are comparing chalk with cheese. Yes both team under achieve with a good fan base but the reasons for the under achievment are completely different and Vale have had and have opportunity to improve, I'm not sure if Bradford have had the same opportunities. I will always support the team no matter how good or bad the performance because Vale are my team, but until this BoD's clear off my physical support will be at away games only.

Or free tickets to home games ;)

Hmm, simple research contradicts your thread for a start.

In the Prem, Bradford got average gates of 18,150. Last year they averaged 11,128 which means they've lost 7,000 fans in 10 years.

When we were in the Championship we averaged 5,769. Last year we averaged 5,532 meaning we've lost only 237 fans in 10 years.

So a large majority of their fans have in fact 'thrown in the towel' as you put it.

Comparing us to Bradford City just doesn't work.

If vale were in the premiership do you think we would average 5769 fans?? Stoke were getting 13000 in the championship now get 28000.

With all the goings on down the Vale I tried to think of other clubs in the same kind of mess Vale are in.. I couldnt.. But then Bradford came up in a conversation and to be fair their fans have had it rough but still stick with it and season ticket sales prove it..

This is a team which was in the premiership not so long ago, have a big budget in this league and a large fan base that rivals most.. but still they under achieve.

Why havent their fans thrown in the towl.. Where are the protests?

I know things arent great at the min but look at the Bradford fans season after season supporting the team.. maybe some vale fans should do the same.

Different problems, Bradford City rent the ground off a former owner for quite a high fee, our problem is our current board, so direct action is suitable.

Different problems, Bradford City rent the ground off a former owner for quite a high fee, our problem is our current board, so direct action is suitable.

yea so they have different problems but the hardcore fan base is still there.. something that seems to have evaded some of our fans. Dont get me wrong im not telling anybody they shopuld attend and its up to each individual how they spend their money but the point im trying to make is that lots of clubs have lots of different problerms but the fans are there no matter what.

I knew that 90% of OVF would disagree with my thread but im forever the optimist ===

Nope, not attending not even for free:(

I understand this stance, but if the ticket is free then the board get no money off you and you get to watch your love, the Vale.

....... What a situation this board has created :( Why can't they just let go ?

I know that if it was me in their position, then I would leave because being a supporter and knowing the supporters wanted me gone, then I'd have to go , without a doubt...

We are facing the probability of long standing, ardent PVFC supporters of many years, making a huge change in their lives due to the way the club is ran by the few. These are supporters that eat, sleep, drink, love, think and talk PVFC all the time.

I hear many a story of people getting use to life without Vale and I fear many will not return...

Truely sad.

I understand this stance, but if the ticket is free then the board get no money off you and you get to watch your love, the Vale.

....... What a situation this board has created :( Why can't they just let go ?

I know that if it was me in their position, then I would leave because being a supporter and knowing the supporters wanted me gone, then I'd have to go , without a doubt...

We are facing the probability of long standing, ardent PVFC supporters of many years, making a huge change in their lives due to the way the club is ran by the few. These are supporters that eat, sleep, drink, love, think and talk PVFC all the time.

I hear many a story of people getting use to life without Vale and I fear many will not return...

Truely sad.

Three generation from this family, VH, from 78 down to 10. I have spoken to nearly all of the Board members, told them about the way the majority of fans feel(regardless of SEO)and my(family) personal situation, and you know what? they don't give a stuff. As Mike Lloyd said they "made more money last year from lower ST sales and more walk -ups on the day" apparently that kept the club solvent!!! That is what the club will be "relying" on this season!!! He asked me not to put any of that information into the public domain!

Archived