onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Deakin The Spin Doctor

carpetman123

He is just doing his job and seems fairly good at it. Port Vale seems to have better communication since he arrived.

I will have to actually agree with you, whilst I know your possibly the simplest of people, Deakin seems to be improving things, in my opinion to late as the cash or lack of it is killing the club and Deakin will not have time to turn that around.

The issue is not with Deakin, its with a useless board, a chairman who does not honour his word and resign and a massive, massive lack of cash.

Advert

He is just doing his job and seems fairly good at it. Port Vale seems to have better communication since he arrived.

So because he's said a few things in the press (I believe you called it PR bull when Mo was saying it) he's good at his job.

Results speak louder than actions, and lower season ticket sales and reduced playing budget would say he's not doing as well at his job as the PR suggests.

However, you pro-board WUM's seem to be incapable of keeping a consistent argument.

Don't understand this thread, what do you expect from Perry Deakin he is an employee of Port Vale (V2001) Ltd he is hardly going to bite the hand that feeds is he. He is the public face of the Bratt, Oliver and Lloyd and will alway's put a PR spin on things for his employer's as that is his role. Let's call it adding a touch of 'Lemon zest' to the figure's

I agree to an extent, but when the figures in the accounts look very different to the figures Perry is stating, questions are gonna be asked. Not just by the fans, but by HMRC as well i'd imagine.

Why doesn't he just come out and say that sales are going exceptionally well?

Guest thecharlatans
I agree to an extent, but when the figures in the accounts look very different to the figures Perry is stating, questions are gonna be asked. Not just by the fans, but by HMRC as well i'd imagine.

Why doesn't he just come out and say that sales are going exceptionally well?

he doesn't need to as people on here are promoting it more than well enough for him. The buzz of people renewing their season ticket when they vowed never to is spreading like wild-fire.

Vale fans always rally round in times of adversity and this is no exception.

he doesn't need to as people on here are promoting it more than well enough for him. The buzz of people renewing their season ticket when they vowed never to is spreading like wild-fire.

and yet the discussions last week were ;)

So because he's said a few things in the press (I believe you called it PR bull when Mo was saying it) he's good at his job.

Results speak louder than actions, and lower season ticket sales and reduced playing budget would say he's not doing as well at his job as the PR suggests.

However, you pro-board WUM's seem to be incapable of keeping a consistent argument.

Correct, Deakin is a bull*******, and if it were left to me he will be sent packing a soon as the board leave. If Mo does eventually get in, that's indeed what will happen. (Should have happened 1.6.11 if a certain person had not lied and renaged on his share deal).

YEAH YEAH YEAH Load of b*****Ks put a bit of spin on it!!! charleyboy

Deakin "Seems" to be doing are far more professional job than Bratt, gone are the days of the stupid statements eg. "We need gates of 10k to break even" " Harlequin will invest in 2-3 weeks" " We are talking to an English consortium" There are many many more.

The fun will begin when the season begins,Deakin will have to generate his salary, all is quiet at Vale Park at the the moment,when the cash flow continues to dry up,and questions are asked, Deakin will then be under pressure to deliver.

The petty jealousies will rise to the surface and the infighting will begin, dont forget one of Bratts many pronouncements was " No one can do this job as well as me"

He has improved the whole PR and image of the club. I guess your right that he can only do what the budget allows. Is this guy bringing in more money into the club though from the commercial side? The club seems so much more pro active.

Archived