onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The negative comments on OVF and the potential damage to PVFC

rwfopvfc!

I will split hairs with you here...it was Two gates actually. Crewe and Shrewsbury. And neither bought that many pal. Had Shrews been on a Sat we would have had 10,000.

I thought there was two but couldnt remember,which ever way you look at it we didnt draw 8k away support was in there, but we are splitting hairs

Advert

I can not believe some of the things I am reading on here. I'm seriously coming to the conclusion that the biggest disease to our club is the people of this website. Over the last few years the views on this website have been a catalyst for ill feeling. Whilst its great to be able to have a collective fan's voice it is getting out of control and is becoming very dangerous to the future of Port Vale.

The comments I'm reading towards Micky Adams are unbelievable. The man built the best Vale side we've had for years on a shoestring. He helped bring back crowds of 8000+ for League 2 football. Vale Park was rocking again. He left Vale to move up two divisions to manage his boyhood club. When this didn't work out he held his hands up and said it wasn't the right move and that he wanted to carry on his work with the Vale.

Irrespective of the treatment towards Micky Adams I was not greatly impressed with the aggressive nature of the board protests and the threatening remarks I read towards members of the board. Maybe it is time to change, but there there is a line in how far we go about it. There is a need for change at board level and I believe Chaudry could well have been the one to take Vale forward, but I also had my doubts about him, as much as I do the current board. Meanwhile we go through the proper channels via an EGM, and progress is made with Mark Sims is appointed to the board. Micky Adams then, keen to begin to assemble his team for the new season, uses 50K of his own money to allow him to do so. Anyone of rational mind who knows whats good for our club is delighted that Micky would do this.

However, members of this website continue to post calls for attendance boycotts and for Micky Adams to go. Where would we be next season without Micky Adams and with crowds of 3000? The Conference (Blue Square Premier). The most damaging thing to Port Vale at the moment is sections of its supporters. The ones who are reveling in that through this website they have found a collective voice. A voice that is really worrying me as a through and through Port Vale fan. Take a step back, get behind Micky Adams, and push diplomatically for change, because if this keeps up it could spell disaster for this season and the future of the club.

course he did,if you,d just been fired from your job, would,nt you want to walk into a job the next day with a 120k per year pay packet

Ruining your match day experience!! What are you on. A hoof and hope style of football,if we're lucky maybe a 1-0 win or a 0-0 draw,very few exciting moments or scoring chances,a drink of lager out of a bottle at half time in the freezing cold or the pouring rain.We deserve better than this.If it was anything other than football you'd complain about the poor service and take our custom elsewhere.Match day experience my ....!!!

I've not been abusive toward MA but he shouldn't have taken a position on the board. He hasn't invested anything he's using a board member proxy for his position, he should be at the club as an employee only. He didn't do well at SU and the Vale offered him the biggest contract in our history. Nothing to do with him wanting to come back and carry on his good work, that is laughable and should it go wrong will he vote to dismiss himself?

The protests have not been aggressive, verbal and loud but non aggressive. I've seen more hassle in the paddock between fans when someone's stood up in front of someone or had differing opinions on who's decent and who isn't. Anything suggested on here has been wildly exaggerated.

Abusive comments on here about the board, there are some but it could be a hell of a lot worse after the way they have treated shareholders, supporters and prospective investors. They don't use the language that many use on here but the disrespect they show is far far worse in my opinion as is the silence, they are there to serve us, we are the club.

Where will we be with crowds of 3000? According to Bratt and Co we're doing alright but SEO will undoubtably have an affect next season, the playing budget will almost certainly be reduced. Sadly, and I hate to say it, but it's not my problem It is my choice not to buy a ST, I'd buy a Vauxhall Astra but I don't want one although the salesman never actually as Bratt and Co did. If the board had done the honourable thing at the EGM and walked after the vote of no confidence season ticket sales would be up at the 5000 mark once again. So diplomacy has been tried but they simply ignore it.

an ex board member.

The sad thing is that instead of giving us reasons to back the current board (I really would if i thought they had the potential to take us forward) the starter of the thread blames 50 or so supporters on a fans website.

Desperate to say the least.

You wait for the Crawley game and a sub 4000 gate. If only it were a few "Morons" who are upset eh?? If only.

Micky Adams then, keen to begin to assemble his team for the new season, uses 50K of his own money to allow him to do so. Anyone of rational mind who knows whats good for our club is delighted that Micky would do this.

Adams DID NOT use 50K of of he own money, get your facts right before you start talking garbage on here . He was sponsored by Meigh a director that was booted off the board.

It's a reasonable thread, and a fair opinion. As others say, no doubt you'll be slagged off or have your intelligence questioned but it's refreshing to read a thread that doesn't resort to insults and abuse.

A refreshing change on what seems to have become a propaganda machine of a website.

Doesn't resort to insults and abuse?

One of his opening gambits is to contend that the contributors to the website are the biggest disease the club has.

If anyone worked for a company that was making losses year on year,was heavily in debt AND driving customers away you'd want to get out before the redundancy notices started being issued.Yet because it's Port Vale,the club you love,it is perfectly acceptable.

I can not believe some of the things I am reading on here. I'm seriously coming to the conclusion that the biggest disease to our club is the people of this website. Over the last few years the views on this website have been a catalyst for ill feeling. Whilst its great to be able to have a collective fan's voice it is getting out of control and is becoming very dangerous to the future of Port Vale.

The comments I'm reading towards Micky Adams are unbelievable. The man built the best Vale side we've had for years on a shoestring. He helped bring back crowds of 8000+ for League 2 football. Vale Park was rocking again. He left Vale to move up two divisions to manage his boyhood club. When this didn't work out he held his hands up and said it wasn't the right move and that he wanted to carry on his work with the Vale.

Irrespective of the treatment towards Micky Adams I was not greatly impressed with the aggressive nature of the board protests and the threatening remarks I read towards members of the board. Maybe it is time to change, but there there is a line in how far we go about it. There is a need for change at board level and I believe Chaudry could well have been the one to take Vale forward, but I also had my doubts about him, as much as I do the current board. Meanwhile we go through the proper channels via an EGM, and progress is made with Mark Sims is appointed to the board. Micky Adams then, keen to begin to assemble his team for the new season, uses 50K of his own money to allow him to do so. Anyone of rational mind who knows whats good for our club is delighted that Micky would do this.

However, members of this website continue to post calls for attendance boycotts and for Micky Adams to go. Where would we be next season without Micky Adams and with crowds of 3000? The Conference (Blue Square Premier). The most damaging thing to Port Vale at the moment is sections of its supporters. The ones who are reveling in that through this website they have found a collective voice. A voice that is really worrying me as a through and through Port Vale fan. Take a step back, get behind Micky Adams, and push diplomatically for change, because if this keeps up it could spell disaster for this season and the future of the club.

The only threat to the future of the club is the board. A business who publicly blames its customers because they are so unhappy with the product that they walk away surely has to think again about whats going on.

The manager didnt put in £50 of his own money never mind £50,000,and I dont think he will. He has on the other hand, been given a much bigger contract than previously despite walking out on us and then failing miserably at is new club. How this rise was justified I dont know.

The manager should not be a director. Its an absolutely insane conflict of interests. Anyone with any sense can see that.

Will you be happy if a quarter of your club is given away on the cheap (after the board have claimed the same about countless other investors who wanted to pay the full amount?) in order for the board to stay in control?

I'll go back to banging my head against the wall, because Im sick of vale fans who seem happy to be competing with clubs a fraction of our size. Who seem happy to have it ripped apart from within, and are so blind to what is right in front of their eyes that they will be the death of the club.

rwfopvfc - almost a good post showing your welcome opinion on the ongoing saga at our club, however, lost it at the "adams put 50k of his own money in" bit. I don't blame you for this wrong information, i'd imagine you were fed it by the same people you don't blame for our clubs current demise.

its a shame, because you almost had a good point.

I often wonder what it would be like if we were all good boys and stood in the well behaved corner and all wished Dean Glover well for the new season.

You mean a bit like Arsenal and Wenger..

They seem to do just that every year with him.

Not done too bad out of it mind...

Good sesnsible post and pretty acurate..But i believe we will be over £4k easily every game.. No worries about that..

You mean a bit like Arsenal and Wenger..

They seem to do just that every year with him.

Not done too bad out of it mind...

Wenger is a good manager. Glover wasn't. Idiot.

As for not doing too badly, no trophies in 6 years suggests otherwise.

Archived