onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tell me again that we don't need Pope!

old sage

As the Club's owner it is your decision that counts but I consider that constant budget shrinkage will send us in a slow painful downward spiral.

'Constant budget strinkage' you must be watching another team.Where do you think all the money I have been putting in has been going

Advert

Whenever Pope has a crap game, which he sometimes does, lots of people bellow "no service", "you've got to feed him".

Why is it that when another player has a poor game he is ridiculed? Surely the same argument applies? N'Guessan and Willo didn't get any 'service' yesterday, they were definitely not 'fed'. Why are excuses made for Pope but not for anyone else?

If Williamson was from Burslem he'd get nowhere near the stick he gets.

I did not see any evidence of support in fans coming yesterday to change the Club's plight

Next season will with have a budget circa 1.5k to 1.7k to secure 18 to 20 squad members

The maths do not support your plea and that still remains my position

SMURF

[is that how it should read?]

Fans have had enough of watching the same ***** players who were favored under adams. Dickinson, Williamson, Dodds and Birchall should not be at this club!

Whenever Pope has a crap game, which he sometimes does, lots of people bellow "no service", "you've got to feed him".

Why is it that when another player has a poor game he is ridiculed? Surely the same argument applies? N'Guessan and Willo didn't get any 'service' yesterday, they were definitely not 'fed'. Why are excuses made for Pope but not for anyone else?

I agree, Pope always has been and always will be favored on here. A bad game for pope means he had no service, yet a poor game for nguessan automatically means hes ****.

A lot of, imo, unfair comments towards Williamson.

He was no more anonymous yesterday than Pope has been at times. Willo relies on through balls and he was never going to get any with Brown and Dicko in midfield. He's never going to be a regular starter but I still think he's a decent player to have in the squad and some people are slightly overreacting towards his performances.

With regards to Pope, I think, up until yesterday, we've looked far better going forward without him. We were missing two top central midfielders and were relying on a 37 year old and a left back to create something. It was never going to happen. I've been quite happy with how we've played without Pope and, whilst it would be great to keep him, I don't worship him as much as others on here to the extent where I would either risk the club's finances or leave us with a tiny squad next year simply to keep him.

Pope has never gone into hiding like Williamson did yesterday Hagrid and Pope would definitely put away the chance that Daniel missed that's why strikers that can score regularly are in big demand because goals win games. Also Hagrid do you really think Pope likes the 'big welly' approach that we used at the beginning of the season. Strikers score goals when facing the opponents goal not their own!

'Constant budget strinkage' you must be watching another team.Where do you think all the money I have been putting in has been going
I'm talking about the future not the past Smurf but I do appreciate that you at least converse with your critics. So you must be listening even if you don't agree and you are where the 'buck stops'

You are correct that Smurf is doing what he thinks is the best for HIS club as you put it Yukon. The trouble is are these decisions actually in Port Vale's long term best interests?

At the end of the day the proof of the pudding will be revealed next season. Results are what counts not individuals. The facts are that if the club slides down the league then the gates will fall because contrary to some peoples opinion a good proportion of the fanbase will only come to watch a team that is winning games and if the better players leave us at the end of the season then it will need a miracle to achieve this.

If Pope leaves then I doubt if the likes of O'Connor, Lines, Marshall and Neal will remain next year either. This is because there will be other clubs aware of their talent and willing to pay the extra money to get them in their squads.

Finally my coffin marching organising days are over I am proud of what was achieved by the protesters of which I was simply a small part of to get rid of V2001. Norman Smurthwaite owns the Vale now and that is the end of the matter but he should remember that to keep the turnstiles clicking even the 'die hards' of which I am one of their numbers want a little in return for our investment on a ST. There will be no more demonstrations but fans will silently protest by the growing amount of empty seats at Vale Park in the future and that is the last thing I want as my heart is at Vale Park and always will be.

I would love to have you crystal ball OS. Alot of your arguments are based on ifs, ands, buts and maybe's.

The Commercial dept has been cleared out and I am starting to rebuild the team

Clearly that income has some impact but 65% of overall ticket sales dictate the Clubs fortune compared to 8% for Premiership Clubs

I would not want to dispense with any commit-ed talented player but I will work within the Clubs realistic revenues

I have no desire to keep pumping large amounts of money without results although this year is less than previous season the turmoil of Mickey leaving and the squad that remained I do not believe now will place us in Play Off contention

Fair honest assessment but I am one of the missing fans i no longer am willing to pay my hard earned on a regular basis to watch mediocre to poor football when I. Can spend my cash on more entertaining things one of 2 things will get me back drop the admission price or drastically improve what's on display on matchdays

I can't agree with that one Hagrid. Yates, Birchall are both local lads who have received plenty of criticism. Pope is praised simply because he has scored nearly 60 goals over the last three seasons despite two long injury lay offs and because he runs himself ragged.

The squad seems to be expanding day by day to the point where we are going to need bigger shirts to accommodate the squad numbers. This is presumably costing Smurf money whilst he still continues to fork out for the useless baggage we already have on our books. We all know who needs to be jettisoned. The sooner the better. Streamline the squad to operate within our means. Quality not quantity is the name of game. Popey falls within the former rather than latter category. Smurf is doing a great job for this club it is a pity that the players and stay away 'fans' don't do the same.

Fair honest assessment but I am one of the missing fans i no longer am willing to pay my hard earned on a regular basis to watch mediocre to poor football when I. Can spend my cash on more entertaining things one of 2 things will get me back drop the admission price or drastically improve what's on display on matchdays
The honest voice of many fans.

I would love to have you crystal ball OS. Alot of your arguments are based on ifs, ands, buts and maybe's.

What are yours based on then? Wishful thinking maybe.:unsure: Mine are on past experiences of over 50 years of supporting Port Vale. Everytime we have had a smaller budget the quality on the pitch has suffered it isn't rocket science.

I did not see any evidence of support in fans coming yesterday to change the Club's plight

Next season will with have a budget circa 1.5k to 1.7k to secure 18 to 20 squad members

The maths do not support your plea and that still remains my position

SMURF

[is that how it should read?]

Bejesus, that is some slashing. I hope you mean 'm' instead of 'k'

Archived