onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Ticket Update

I see the latest claim from Deakin is that the club sold 2,500 season tickets by the end of the early bird period.

Apparently we've now sold 2,671 in total which includes 161 free tickets for under 9s. I find the last figure incredibly low - only 161 free kids tickets out of an alleged 2,671 total sales? That is absolutely woeful.

Of course, Deakin thinks these latest figures are a huge success - so impressive there's another discount period being offered over the weekend of 18th and 19th June to celebrate! Even if these figures are true, it's incredible the board can see a slump in season ticket sales of around a third as anything other than yet another big vote of no confidence in their running of the club.

Advert

Its ok, Mark will find out the true figure over the next couple of days ad it wont be figures from a made up spread sheet he will be look at either

Agreed, it will surely make Deakin's position untenable if Mark finds out season ticket sales are less than 1,000 and he's lied to the fans. The under 9s figure in particular is very suspicious, surely that should be a lot higher if 2,500+ have really been sold?

I don't think the Club would lie about the total, maybe there are significantly more under 9's etc.

Even 2,500 leaves em at least £400k short.

It's gonna be a long cold winter at Vale park.

They are gonna be £1000 light on my family's money for starters

How many are we down on last season, how much have we lost money wise to last season, taking in mind that there has been a 2.5% increase in VAT, which will come out of the final figure, which did not come out of last year final figure.

but if it is 2600 +, which is still cack, there are plenty of starve em outers who've gone back on their pledge!!

I wont, for one I'm too pig headed, and for two, I've grown so anti board that I am in danger of becoming anti port vale, so best I stay away and hopefully a new era will cheer me up!!

I think the total last year during the early bird period was 3,650 so naively assuming this year's figure is true we've lost 1,100 season ticket holders over the equivalent sales period. Perry is pleasantly surprised by this 30% drop in sales according to the Sentinel! You couldn't make it up!

There's a few things about this year's figures that are strange.

150 fans snapping up season tickets straight after the prices go up during a period of huge uncertainty and anger following the EGM?

Only 6% of sales free tickets for under 9s?

Only 400 sold during the discount period after Adams came back despite the club boasting of "soaring" sales on the official site?

It'll be interesting to see if Mark Sims confirms the season ticket sales are as reported. Even if true, it's another example of the damage V2001 are doing to the club. It's also a shame Micky can't see how much better his transfer budget would be if the selfish 3 were replaced, rather than looking for a quick fix that will only hinder his efforts to sign players in the long term.

Archived