onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Back From My Ban - Have I Missed Much?????

banbell

Advert

What a horrible time to be a Vale fan, fighting, bickering, accusations and a grey cloud over us all. As Bill would say “We are where we are”

But why are we here ?

The main reason “we are where we are” is that many fans & shareholders were sold a story that if it ever existed in the first place does not exist now. The mythical fan owned club where we can all make a difference is just that, a myth.

For me the board have done some right, the enterprise & children’s centre are both good additions to our long term future as are the additional executive boxes.

In football terms the custodians have been a disaster and “we are where we are” in league 2 as a direct result of their actions and decisions, seen as we are a football club that’s pretty damming on the custodians stewardship.

In general terms off field matters have lurched from one disaster to the next, ridiculous losses, increasing debt, under investment and awful commercial leadership have led to “we are where we are”

There have been numerous rumours surrounding the board actively turning down investment, or rather actively turning down investment that would mean any custodian having to resign, at first I was sceptical and asked for evidence. The first real piece of factual evidence was Mike Caitlin, interestingly a director admitted to me over the phone last week that not getting Caitlin on board was a major mistake, however he is not on board and “we are where we are”

Our chairman who we look for strong leadership stated that there are no local millionaires looking to invest millions and “we are where we are”, then along came Mo Chaudry. Very few fans could understand why at the very worst the board did not welcome Mo’s bid and begin negotiations, failing that I am sure many share holders would have been happy back in December to be asked to vote on his proposal, the custodians for totally inexplicable reasons decided not only to not explore his bid but to not ask the owners their thoughts.

Back in December the board had a real chance to salvage some credibility, consult the share holders and hold a poll on their thoughts, this is not a big thing to ask. Did they do that ? No they dragged us all down to gutter level and caused a major split in the fan base. I actually think Mo would have lost back in December as the fans had not all realised what this board is about.

Now onto “we are where we are” today following the absolute farcical EGM. Did the board at the time act “for us all”, did they sit back and let the shareholders decide the best way forward or did they act in cowardly, treacherous and self preserving ways ? They could have voted and let the other shareholders vote and decide in a truly democratic way, they chose not to.

Matters have been made even worse as ex directors have contacted Paul Humphreys to ask him to sell his shares to further protect their position, rumours of Jackson pulling strings behind the scenes even though he has absolutely nothing to do with running the club. Now as a club “for us all” is this any way to behave.

“We are where we are” - we are now sat with 3 custodians who have no intention of negotiating with Mark Simms or NLV despite their pathetic overtures in the media, we have a manager who appears to have lost the plot on wants to blur the lines between on & off field matters, any lingering thought that its “for us all” has been totally washed away by the shocking antics of the board and Glenn in particular.

“We are where we are” - very sad times to be a Vale fan, all down to Bratt, Jackson, Meigh, Oliver & Lloyd

What a horrible time to be a Vale fan, fighting, bickering, accusations and a grey cloud over us all. As Bill would say “We are where we are”

But why are we here ?

The main reason “we are where we are” is that many fans & shareholders were sold a story that if it ever existed in the first place does not exist now. The mythical fan owned club where we can all make a difference is just that, a myth.

For me the board have done some right, the enterprise & children’s centre are both good additions to our long term future as are the additional executive boxes.

In football terms the custodians have been a disaster and “we are where we are” in league 2 as a direct result of their actions and decisions, seen as we are a football club that’s pretty damming on the custodians stewardship.

In general terms off field matters have lurched from one disaster to the next, ridiculous losses, increasing debt, under investment and awful commercial leadership have led to “we are where we are”

There have been numerous rumours surrounding the board actively turning down investment, or rather actively turning down investment that would mean any custodian having to resign, at first I was sceptical and asked for evidence. The first real piece of factual evidence was Mike Caitlin, interestingly a director admitted to me over the phone last week that not getting Caitlin on board was a major mistake, however he is not on board and “we are where we are”

Our chairman who we look for strong leadership stated that there are no local millionaires looking to invest millions and “we are where we are”, then along came Mo Chaudry. Very few fans could understand why at the very worst the board did not welcome Mo’s bid and begin negotiations, failing that I am sure many share holders would have been happy back in December to be asked to vote on his proposal, the custodians for totally inexplicable reasons decided not only to not explore his bid but to not ask the owners their thoughts.

Back in December the board had a real chance to salvage some credibility, consult the share holders and hold a poll on their thoughts, this is not a big thing to ask. Did they do that ? No they dragged us all down to gutter level and caused a major split in the fan base. I actually think Mo would have lost back in December as the fans had not all realised what this board is about.

Now onto “we are where we are” today following the absolute farcical EGM. Did the board at the time act “for us all”, did they sit back and let the shareholders decide the best way forward or did they act in cowardly, treacherous and self preserving ways ? They could have voted and let the other shareholders vote and decide in a truly democratic way, they chose not to.

Matters have been made even worse as ex directors have contacted Paul Humphreys to ask him to sell his shares to further protect their position, rumours of Jackson pulling strings behind the scenes even though he has absolutely nothing to do with running the club. Now as a club “for us all” is this any way to behave.

“We are where we are” - we are now sat with 3 custodians who have no intention of negotiating with Mark Simms or NLV despite their pathetic overtures in the media, we have a manager who appears to have lost the plot on wants to blur the lines between on & off field matters, any lingering thought that its “for us all” has been totally washed away by the shocking antics of the board and Glenn in particular.

“We are where we are” - very sad times to be a Vale fan, all down to Bratt, Jackson, Meigh, Oliver & Lloyd

A straight question – do you think the timings of the anti-board protests have been the reason for the failure in the removal of the board??

Eg. Most people agree with the need for change and the board to be removed but a lot of people didn't/don't trust Chaundry. IMO If these campaigns had taken place at the same time as other attempted investment/takeovers of Vale were in place this lot would be long gone.

Archived