onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rumours from Saturday?

werstayinup

Advert

How can you possibly know that? How can you possibly know what he has said in private about issues at the club? How can you possibly know that everything he has said in public is true? You can't know that about anyone.

At least if you are going to quote me, quote the full post or sentence :)

Too many people claim to be in the know against him yet they've been made to look a little daft, it's just they can't admit it.

Asking a question is not the same as being negative. Smurf himself has had the guts to admit that he has made mistakes. Why should you regard as negative people who had questioned these mistakes when the man himself agrees with them?

There are a few that ask a question, however most quote like it's fact. Generally a ? follows a question yet not so many of his detractors seem keen to utilise them if they are asking questions...

'I expect to put £500,000 in for the short term' are just a few that spring to mind.

Fans are like kids make them promises and they expect to get them fulfilled.

Clearly Wildes didn't say that about 500k, he was tighter than Bratt and probably made more money out of the club than Bratt himself!

Fans in the English leagues, particularly ones who have seen their club go through what we have need to learn to walk before we run and be grateful for the tremendous strides we have made under Smurthwaite and Adams.

Fosse is right we should look to the German mentality to progress sustainably.

Can anyone actually doubt that some on OVF relish the negative over the positive? Norman clearly isn't perfect but this site ****** me off most when the majority of the negativity seems to be whipped up by people not even in the same continent. I would expect admins of this site to be impartial, reasoned and well informed. On what requirement did Geo become an administrator?!!!

Right, I'm off, will look on here again in another month and expect more if the same. Unfortunately this site is ruined by a handful of posters with a ridiculously high number of posts drowning out the views of the masses.

Excellent post (from a poster who posts far too much :) )

Clearly Wildes didn't say that about 500k, he was tighter than Bratt and probably made more money out of the club than Bratt himself!

Fans in the English leagues, particularly ones who have seen their club go through what we have need to learn to walk before we run and be grateful for the tremendous strides we have made under Smurthwaite and Adams.

Fosse is right we should look to the German mentality to progress sustainably.

Not Wildes quote but Smurf's at the first Supporters Club meeting that he attended on his own.

At least if you are going to quote me' date=' quote the full post or sentence :)[/quote']

OK

Anyone can twist people's words for their own benefit' date='[/quote']

Indeed you can!

he's never openly lied like some of the WUM's who said the club was sold,

I believe what people like myself and Santa reported on here was that we had heard that Smurf had a buyer for the club and negotiations would begin when we went out of the Cup. I never said the club was sold and if anyone else did then I missed that post I'm afraid but no doubt you will enlighten me.

infact he's made it clear the club wasn't for sale. However in business as I am sure most normal people are aware if an offer comes in that is too good to be true then everything is for sale.

So he made it clear the club is not for sale but he might sell it anyway if someone offers to buy it? I see!

Still I suppose if he does sell up in 2 months, 2 years or 20 years the wallies who made the aforementioned statement will claim they were right! Not seen any humble being swallowed as yet though... :doh:

As you claim not to like abuse on here, perhaps you should refrain from using expressions like "wallies". Unless, of course, you are happy for me to use that expression to you?

Too many people claim to be in the know against him yet they've been made to look a little daft, it's just they can't admit it.

That's interesting. When someone whom I trust implicitly tells me of a conversation with Norman which Norman then denies I know who I trust and I don't believe that person has anything to "admit" as you put it. Norman has made the same mistake that Mr Bratt made, he blabs too much to people and then forgets what he's said to who. Fortunately, he appears to realise he's made mistakes and hopefully one lesson he will learn is not to discuss private matters with those who do not need to know.

Can I just add, I want Norman Smurthwaite to grow into the job of owning and be being chairman of Vale. What I don't want is people like you telling me what to believe or think or telling me that people I trust are ralking rubbish when I know that not to be the case. Taking everything at face value was the mistake we made with the last lot remember.

OK

Indeed you can!

I believe what people like myself and Santa reported on here was that we had heard that Smurf had a buyer for the club and negotiations would begin when we went out of the Cup. I never said the club was sold and if anyone else did then I missed that post I'm afraid but no doubt you will enlighten me.

So he made it clear the club is not for sale but he might sell it anyway if someone offers to buy it? I see!

As you claim not to like abuse on here, perhaps you should refrain from using expressions like "wallies". Unless, of course, you are happy for me to use that expression to you?

That's interesting. When someone whom I trust implicitly tells me of a conversation with Norman which Norman then denies I know who I trust and I don't believe that person has anything to "admit" as you put it. Norman has made the same mistake that Mr Bratt made, he blabs too much to people and then forgets what he's said to who. Fortunately, he appears to realise he's made mistakes and hopefully one lesson he will learn is not to discuss private matters with those who do not need to know.

Can I just add, I want Norman Smurthwaite to grow into the job of owning and be being chairman of Vale. What I don't want is people like you telling me what to believe or think or telling me that people I trust are ralking rubbish when I know that not to be the case. Taking everything at face value was the mistake we made with the last lot remember.

Nobody has to tell anyone what to do, its a forum for airing reasonable opinions however having been on the receiving end of people twisiting my words in recent weeks (Cheeky over a comment that couldn't have been further from the truth on Tideswell and B&W Blood over what a Colchester fan said spring to mind) and then other unfounded rumours not coming to fruition surely people who make statements of fact which are clearly going to worry the fanbase (without a question mark at the end of the sentence) should have the grace to explain their comments as you respectfully have. To be honest my comments weren't so much aimed at you or Santa specifically, more those who said it's happening.

I apologise if you found wallies offensive, feel free to call me one anytime, you should be on the receiving end of some of my delightful PM's from people like Davo80 ;)

Archived