onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale v Plymouth, Pre-Match, Match, post match discussionslf.

Fosse69

Pope would have gone last season if bigger teams wanted him. 30 odd goals but no bids?? George piece of cake. I know alot of people myself included who can do the basics better than Griff. Yes he works hard gets stuck in etc but he hinders the side with his inability to pass a ball. We should do a poll on this site to see who else reckons they are better passing a ball??

If this isn't a WUM then it's possibly becoming the most cringeworthy thread since melvs homoerotic breakdown.

Advert

Pope would have gone last season if bigger teams wanted him. 30 odd goals but no bids?? George piece of cake. I know alot of people myself included who can do the basics better than Griff. Yes he works hard gets stuck in etc but he hinders the side with his inability to pass a ball. We should do a poll on this site to see who else reckons they are better passing a ball??

You are surely the all knowing though..... Didn't you get to know about the offer he turned down ???? Championship club double his salary ???

Pipe down and come back when you actually know about football

If Pope ever plays at bigger and better pastures will personally buy you a season ticket. If he weren't a vale fan and some people's opinions weren't swayed by that then he would get as much stick as Griff

Any way of saving posts? Then again seeing as you are just a WUM you wouldn't pay up anyway.

How was that wedding you didn't go to?

Pope gets stick on here from Vale fans, like you they fail to appreciate his contribution to the team is much, much more than just goals.

But thats the problem, for me this season its been like watching a defender up front. Plenty of running and tracking back but ask urself over 90mins how much of that running is actually with the ball? Its ok "feeding the pope" in league 2 but in this league we a crying out for a forward who has the ability to feed himself and create something out of nothing imo

Any way of saving posts? Then again seeing as you are just a WUM you wouldn't pay up anyway.

How was that wedding you didn't go to?

Lovely thank you im very fond of keele hall actually. You take things very personally dont you. Anyways back to football I simply think your wrong when you say Pope will play at a higher standard then he is now, is that such a difficult concept to undetstand without ur toys being thrown out of the pram?

Lovely thank you im very fond of keele hall actually. You take things very personally dont you. Anyways back to football I simply think your wrong when you say Pope will play at a higher standard then he is now, is that such a difficult concept to undetstand without ur toys being thrown out of the pram?

Nothing personal, no toys out of the pram, you didnt originally state that you thought i was wrong that Pope could play at a higher level, your original post was you would pay for my season ticket if he did. As i mentioned he has already been offered the chance to play at a higher level and turned it down.

But thats the problem, for me this season its been like watching a defender up front. Plenty of running and tracking back but ask urself over 90mins how much of that running is actually with the ball? Its ok "feeding the pope" in league 2 but in this league we a crying out for a forward who has the ability to feed himself and create something out of nothing imo

Seriously? Those forwards are ten a penny and are usually found in the premiership.

Most sides in this league would cut off an arm for a striker who has scored 11 goals in half a season.

Seriously? Those forwards are ten a penny and are usually found in the premiership.

Most sides in this league would cut off an arm for a striker who has scored 11 goals in half a season.

Based on that then clubs would be chomping at bit to get JMW with his scoring record from midfield. We do need to look at other options up front as imo opinion things are getting to predictable with the same players being replaced with the same subs and teams are getting wise to that

Pope gets stick on here from Vale fans, like you they fail to appreciate his contribution to the team is much, much more than just goals.

The problem is where he was most successful last season was doing his work in the width of the 18 yard box.

He has missed some sitters this season that he didn't so much last season and he's been doing too much work again in wide areas and arguing with officials getting himself wound up.

When he restricts the last 2 he has shown that he can come good again.

The loss of a two goal lead was down to one man MICHAEL ADAMS. we were winning against the run of play and getting over run in midfield. It was obvious that we needed more bodies in midfield but what did Micky do? Bring on two forwards and take off Dodds who though he wasn't having the best of games (but who was?) was at least helping out in midfield.

His changes meant that we were completely out played in the middle of the park. Micky I don't think you are as clever as you think. Certainly not if today is a guide.

I agree in that it was a strange decision to go 4-3-3 and take a man out of the midfield which was already stretched. I can only imagine however that Micky felt the bes way to alleviate the pressure was to get more of a presence up top and get some more players running at them. It's worked in other home games to go attacking and grab the killer third, ie Gillingham and Shrewsbury. It doesn't always pay off though and then you're open to criticism, and the usual suspects will always be queuing up to give it.

Popey shouldn't be running with the ball, its not his strength, he should be running into space and with his height he should be defending at corner and free kicks. In addition to his goals he's an excellent target man and lays the ball off well and IMHO doesn't get the credit for the amount of physical punishment he takes. He also gives the physical stuff back as a game of football can't be won unless the opposition are matched physically.

Football is generally a passing game, the ball travels faster than a player, Tomlin is more the type of player you describe in your 2nd sentence and IMHO, those two complement each other well.

The problem is where he was most successful last season was doing his work in the width of the 18 yard box.

He has missed some sitters this season that he didn't so much last season and he's been doing too much work again in wide areas and arguing with officials getting himself wound up.

When he restricts the last 2 he has shown that he can come good again.

I wonder whether he's been encouraged to go wide at times to drag central defenders out of position for the likes of Tomlin, JMW and Williamson to exploit. He has taken some brutal punishment this season with no protection from the officials, missing the "sitters" is all about confidence.

Archived