onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leverage

For Us All

The Unite union have been accused of using bullying tactics in the Grangemouth dispute but the union bosses say that they are simply using leverage,which is a term I've never heard of before.

Views and opinions please.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/10416408/Unite-union-accused-of-using-bully-tactics-in-Grangemouth-dispute.html

Advert

Personally think all unions should be shut down. Just look at the fire brigade strike , due to their pension age being shifted. Woopie doo. By the time I retire it will more likely be 70 not 55 or even 60 like they are moaning about.

Where do these idiot unions think the endless cash comes from? Fire, police and council pensions are the best in the country , try living in the real world where normal people have to provide for their own retirement .

Fire, police council workers are all normal people !!

And "normal people " as they grow old start to have fitness issues !.

How do you fancy a 60 year old fireman attempting to rescue a 16 stone old man or woman via a ladder, or a 60 years copper trying to chase fit young criminals over hedges & gardens cus they just been caught breaking into your house ?

Don't know much about fire service pensions, but the police pay a damn site more percentage wise of their gross basic pay than most other workers do, in order to retire after thirty years, so they paid it in !!.

Always understood Fireman were paying approx. 12% of their salary into the pension fund, this was about 10 years ago when I was paying 5% into my engineering pension. Don't know what they pay now , mine has gone up but would feel angry if I had been paying more for25 years and then they moved the goalposts

Personally think all unions should be shut down. Just look at the fire brigade strike , due to their pension age being shifted. Woopie doo. By the time I retire it will more likely be 70 not 55 or even 60 like they are moaning about.

Where do these idiot unions think the endless cash comes from? Fire, police and council pensions are the best in the country , try living in the real world where normal people have to provide for their own retirement .

Might cost the Vale their main sponsor! ;)

Police officers pay approx 14% of their gross pay(inc overtime) into their pension. They serve for 30 years and can then retire on a full pension which at the moment consists of a £120,000 lump sum which is roughly what they have paid in over the 30 years they have worked, they then receive a monthly taxable income of approx £1700, however this does not go up by the rate of inflation so every year it is worth less.

I agree it is a very good pension, however as a friend who is a retired cop says you will doubtlessly see a lot of carnage during 30 years of shift work, a lot of cops are ex forces and as such don't join until they are older and end up retiring at 55, I believe the stats for life expectancy after retirement are shockingly low

Do you have a union representing you? Assuming not, if you did you suggested retirement age would not be 70.

Archived