onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams out ...Ainsworth in

carl

Let's be honest, football at Vale has died.. just a long endless slog of the ball in the air, hoping that some tall guy upfront (usually Pope) gets on the end of it..

I think every Vale fan who is worth their salt will admit we need fresh momentum... we have started to play the old defend defend way as opposed to attacking positive football, it's not the Port Vale I watched under Rudge and its not, frankly the Port Vale I want to watch. In fact, I'd rather pay my money at Stoke where at least you can watch premiership football.

NO- I don't mean that. But I certainly am serious about the quality of football, it's garbage, and frankly, I'm not paying £22 to watch it.

We have the players, in fact we had FOUR good players under Adams (Mccombe, Morsy,K Taylor, and Vincent) Instead, we end up with Griffiths (far too slow and just a grafter- sorry I wanted to see some flair and skill- that's what Morsy was all about)

We now have Mohammed- who is anything but an over average player- and disposed of Vincent (who to watch at times was exciting) Doesnt make sense.

Players that should be still here have left and we are left with c*** 'make up the numbers players. The Wolves defeat is the b all and end all to me- Vale are going to struggle.

So what next? Get rid of Adams that's what- he can't adjust mix it- it's boring, predictable and frankly c*** He doesnt like players that dont fit into his boring c*** style of play.

Ainsworth has an emphasis on attacking football and is a naturally inspiring character and I think will inspire and lift the young players who are struggling with morale. Adams- well, he wont.

I think that says it all- we cant afford new players so we need a lift from somewhere- now is the right time Smurf- get Ainsworth IN.:yes:

This load of tripe has boozers gloom written all over it

Advert

People have short memories. There would probably be no Port Vale without Micky.

!

The OP is a dipstick but what you have out there is just as daft, and one of the reasons some people get annoyed with the whole messiah nonsense. There would be no port vale without smurf (or whatever bidder came in after him), and more importantly, without the fans. It would still be here without Adams, was here before him and will be here long after he has gone.

We have the players, in fact we had FOUR good players under Adams (Mccombe, Morsy,K Taylor, and Vincent) Instead, we end up with Griffiths (far too slow and just a grafter- sorry I wanted to see some flair and skill- that's what Morsy was all about)

I'm not a big Adams fan, but this is ridiculous. If we had boom and Taylor in defence instead of jones and Dickinson/Robertson, then we would be bottom. Boom was struggling in league 2 last year and Taylor is dropping down the non league pyramid never mind getting into a league 1 side. And since when was morsy a flair player?

yes lets get back to the jim gannon school of carpet football and not rely on playing to our strengths!! Lets just build and grow into this league and let ma do his job. What we should try is getting behind the lads and getting rid of all this negativity that we all seem to love.

Micky kept us going through admin, built a team with no money and got us into the top 3 without smurfs finances. Without Micky we'd be languishing in the 4th division still

Possibly, possibly not, but that's not what you said. We also did have money as we brought in Neal, Vincent, JMW etc. the transfer embargo also had a positive side as it forced a certain type of tactics that wouldn't have been tried otherwise. However I agree credit has to be given for keeping the side going.

Micky kept us going through admin, built a team with no money and got us into the top 3 without smurfs finances. Without Micky we'd be languishing in the 4th division still

Incorrect. Last summer he signed JMW, Vincent, Neal etc, they aren't signings a team with no money can make. We had Keith Ryder in pole position to buy the club at the time which allowed for a competitive budget. Following that, Smurf came in and financed the signings of Hughes, Jones, Birchall and Griff, again not likely to be cheap

Incorrect. Last summer he signed JMW, Vincent, Neal etc, they aren't signings a team with no money can make. We had Keith Ryder in pole position to buy the club at the time which allowed for a competitive budget. Following that, Smurf came in and financed the signings of Hughes, Jones, Birchall and Griff, again not likely to be cheap

Spot on...

Archived