onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

hughesy substitution

leggythevaliant

Pope played **** all game.

Pope's played **** for 6 games this year.

Don't try and paper over the cracks. He's not fit, not interested and not in form.

But he scored.

If the defence stopped making mistakes and kept clean sheets. We could have won it 1-0.

Pope can't be blamed for the defence leaking goals.

Advert

to be fair on Pope, although not the greatest performance, there is no way he is going to be scoring if every ball that come in the box is a floated slow cross that the keeper claims every single time. The substitution of JMW is the one that confused me, he was having a good game, tracking back a great deal when jones went off, perhaps would have been there for their third instead of the defender furthest back being Pope.

But he scored.

If the defence stopped making mistakes and kept clean sheets. We could have won it 1-0.

Yep agree there, their first goal was a result of two defensive blunders in the space of 1 second and after that we were always chasing the game and got caught on the counter again. Jones going off was a disaster.

Pope and Hughes together are our most potent goal threat and should start. When Hughes and Williamson have been up front together they don't look a goal threat. The mystery for me was the subbing of JMW, I would have left JMW and Hughes on and bought on Dodds for Griffiths.

What does Griffiths bring to the table at home, defensive midfielder (with limited offensive capability) yet we conceded 3 goals.

What we lacked on Saturday was width the wide play was none existent I mean who was on the left wing noone, until the final 10 minutes when Dicko played there. I feel that we need players and quick I'd also question what the development squad is for to me its draining money out of the first team, we need to spend on the first 11 not some that prob wont even stand a chance of getting in there.

But he scored.

The defence coped alright till adams changed the formation then the wide open spaces appeared on the right hand side where the goals come from.If tom pope had the energy levels that hughes has he might just start performing again.

Pope and Hughes does not work, I would play Pope alongside Williamson and then possibly change it to Hughes with Dodds playing in front of midfield, I think that Dodds and Hughes are clever players and would be good for each other. If we play with a winger then they should be hugging that touchline and stretching the opposition not getting sucked into the middle of the park like a game on a playground. From what I have seen of Mohammed he is not hungry and seems disinterested, I hope to be proved wrong by him. Dicko is playing out of position but still looks good. We are five games in and people thought it was going to be a stroll, they are still gelling and I also think we look better and more capable of scoring when we get it down on the deck and not just hoofin it up to the forwards, Pope is not getting the same service as last year I put that down to JMW being matched for speed by league 1 defenders as I don't think he can beat a man with a trick or skill. Keep the faith.

Pope and Hughes does not work, I would play Pope alongside Williamson and then possibly change it to Hughes with Dodds playing in front of midfield, I think that Dodds and Hughes are clever players and would be good for each other. If we play with a winger then they should be hugging that touchline and stretching the opposition not getting sucked into the middle of the park like a game on a playground. From what I have seen of Mohammed he is not hungry and seems disinterested, I hope to be proved wrong by him. Dicko is playing out of position but still looks good. We are five games in and people thought it was going to be a stroll, they are still gelling and I also think we look better and more capable of scoring when we get it down on the deck and not just hoofin it up to the forwards, Pope is not getting the same service as last year I put that down to JMW being matched for speed by league 1 defenders as I don't think he can beat a man with a trick or skill. Keep the faith.

It's nothing to do with Pope/Hughes not working it's to do with Pope not being at the races in terms of fitness, sharpness etc. drop Hughes for Willo and leave Pope on would be madness. Also I am still to be convinced that MA has not wasted money agains signing Willo, is he good enough for league 1, i'm not sure. You can go on about his potential but he's 24!!

I just can't see what Pope has offered this season so far, no energy, no quality, no physical presence and not the work rate we're used to yet for some reason Adams won't sub him let alone drop him.
That must have been a mirage which I saw running back to help the defence out. You can question what you wish but never the lad's effort.

What does Griffiths bring to the table at home, defensive midfielder (with limited offensive capability) yet we conceded 3 goals.

Griff had a great game saturday and it would have been more if it wasnt for him. Although i agree with your question, as i saw us clear a wolves attack straight to their centre mid, who passed to the other centre mid and we didnt have one of our three centre mids within 20 yards of them. Lines, loft and griff dont work, sometimes i wonder what we practice in training?

I wouldn't play Williamson full stop as he's not good enough. Just my opinion of course.

Archived